• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I think Broxton's new review mentions -- without rechecking it -- Horner referencing at least six or seven scores, not counting the "Titanic" synth sounds, and the danger motif. This is what 18 months and 15-hour days, and million upon millions gets you.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Yeah well I'd rather Horner get the millions than a great many other humans who get paid more for less.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009
    I am sure all you people kicking and trashing the score, haven't seen the movie yet. I am not crazy about it either, it's a very good score but not great, however i've seen the movie in 3D last night and i wouldn't change its score for nothing out there. Works flawlessly and elevates the already brilliant movie even more.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Yeah, I thought so (and everything else would have been too much, I think).

What do you think of the video, Thor? Does it give too much away or not?

No, I don't think so at all. It basically only tells us that this is "fantastic world" and that there are these two blue guys that have a relationship. I can promise you there's a lot more! smile

Two blue guys that have a relationship? That sounds like gay Smurfs.

Hey, have Fox stolen ideas from the screenplay I sent them?

yes.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nope.

wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes & nope....two sides of the same Viking coin.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2009 edited
    Well, what do you know, Avatar's got Horner two Golden Globe nominations.
  3. Sylvos wrote
    Well, what do you know, Avatar's got Horner two Golden Globe nominations.

THIS is the appropriate time to be hearing the danger motif.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2009 edited
    Avatar score is a chaos in the movie. More thoughts in Recent Vieweing topic tongue

Oh, and Mr Horner, if you want to copy Zimmer, you better beggin with give credit to Nicholad Dodd as Additional music, because half of the action music from Avatar is pure David Arnold tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2009
    Nautilus wrote
    Avatar score is a chaos in the movie. More thoughts in Recent Vieweing topic tongue

Oh, and Mr Horner, if you want to copy Zimmer, you better beggin with give credit to Nicholad Dodd as Additional music, because half of the action music from Avatar is pure David Arnold tongue

PURE Nicholas Dodd I think you'll find.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote

rolleyes

Avatar is the most suitable score the movie could ever get. I wonder how would you react if someone changed the label from Horner to Zimmer, on the cd cover and movie credits, from the beginning ;0
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Nautilus wrote

Er? I'd think a better advise would be: if you want to copy Zimmer, stop sounding like Arnold?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    BobdH wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Er? I'd think a better advise would be: if you want to copy Zimmer, stop sounding like Arnold?

AVATAR sounds as much as David Arnold as Britney Spears sounds like Stravinsky. Seriously, man.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Thor wrote
    BobdH wrote
    Nautilus wrote

AVATAR sounds as much as David Arnold as Britney Spears sounds like Stravinsky. Seriously, man.

Word! I do see the Zimmer-aspect, but the action music does not really sound like Arnold at all... that's Horner (with a hint of Zimmer... wink )!
    The result, I think, is highly enjoyable! Can't stopp listening!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Whatever it may be like on the originality front, I am playing this almost every day now. Especially War... this might easily be in my Top 5 scores of 2009 as a listening experience! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Thor wrote
    BobdH wrote
    Nautilus wrote

I said the music not in the album! the first action track with jake being chase by an animal, it's 0 Horner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    BobdH wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Couldn't agree more. Despite the side-influences in some places, especially when viewed with the movie it accompanies, the score screams Horner from note 1 to end.
  4. There's quite a few moments in 'War' that don't sound like Arnold, but which sound like Nicholas Dodd's orchestrations on the Arnold Bond scores. (Particularly the more electronic ones, like The World is Not Enough.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  5. Or Mansell's score to Sahara.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2009
    Looks like the length of the Filmtracks review has even surpassed the Gladiator one - http://www.filmtracks.com/titles/avatar.html

He gives it a 5 star rating.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DemonStar wrote
    Looks like the length of the Filmtracks review has even surpassed the Gladiator one - http://www.filmtracks.com/titles/avatar.html

Very very surprising indeed! shocked
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    DemonStar wrote

A fabulous review! Thanks, Clemmensen!
    Nice to see the score getting appreciated.
    @Sunil: You're right, "Jake enters his Avatar world" does resemble bits and pieces from "Frog Darts", but in case of the first mentioned, there is a lot more going in here. This is not "only" a simple rehash of "Frog Darts"...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DemonStar wrote

Anyone who reads that in its entirety has far too much time on their hands.

I have far too much time on my hands as it happens, I'm just too lazy to read it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I posted this in the "musings" thread, but in case you missed it, I've written a brief review, of sorts, here:

http://montages.no/2009/12/james-horner … ke-hjerte/

Use http://translate.google.com/# to get the gist of it.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. small update of Horner:

- An American Tail
    - An American Tail: Fievel goes West
    - Apollo 13
    - Back to Titanic
    - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Enjoy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  7. Cool ! The long awaited Horner update is underway. Will be reading these later. Nice job bro. wave
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote

I'm with Steven. I glanced over this review, what a bloated windbag of a review that is, put me right off reading it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer

I much prefer yours Thomas. beer
  8. Timmer wrote

I much prefer yours Thomas. beer

hehe, thanks but I still have to write my review of AVATAR rolleyes

but after witnessing the length of Filmtracks, don't think I'll write that much for AVATAR, jeezus shocked
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh