• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2010
    The 5 CD one didn't have anything new of much interest to me (and the 3 CD sounds better than it too). I just took the following unreleased tracks from the 3 CD version -

Thanator Chase Pt. 1
    The Floating Mountains Pt. 1,2,3
    Escape from Hellgate
    The Battle Continues
    Quaritch Down
    Fight To The Death

Apart from these I think the OST has all the significant music from the score. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Well, I wanted it to be that simple too. But I realized that the 3CD actually has better sound than the OST. Ridiculously! crazy So I was mixing and matching tracks from all three versions to create the ULTIMATE version.

Plus there are a bunch of other tracks from the 5CD that I think are important / enjoyable.

Plus I am just OCD. Avatar isn't even my favorite score of 2009 and certainly not my favorite Horner score so it's completely absurd of me to have gone to so much effort with it. confused biggrin
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  1. Antineutrino wrote
    New project for Horner

Song of the Names

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con … a1335a6f57

Cool, this is great news. Their first collaboration, House of Sand and Fog, was simply magic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2010 edited
    The 5 CD does have that original "Into The Navi World" track from the original soundtrack website that's not included on the CD, which I really like.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    The 3CD includes micro-edits and is comparable in its approach to the atrocious Phantom Menace Ultimate Edition; the 5CD has the music as Horner wrote it and intended it without micro-edits. I think the 3CD can be discarded, in other words.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Except the 3CD has better sound quality.
  2. Eventually you all will get your Super Mega Monkey Death 10CD-R set, in good sound.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2010
    Wouldn't surprise me if we did.
  3. Antineutrino wrote
    He seems to have composed music for The Flying Horsemen Air Show.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 … amp;ref=mf

"The new Horsemen music is complete after two days in LA with Oscar-winning composer James Horner. The team is heading to the NAS Key West air show where the music will debut. Check out the new photos in the gallery."

"The Horsemen have finished recording what Ed Shipley calls "the official anthem of flight" written and conducted by Oscar-winning composer James Horner. The music will debut in NAS Key West."

"The report from the sound session: James Horner just defined flight. The music will debut at the NAS Key West air show this weekend."

Here's a video from an air show in California this weekend featuring the Horner music mentioned above:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEp2Omr1q-g

The audio quality is pretty bad, but I'm hearing that the full piece will be made available very soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2010
    Scorefanatic wrote
    I'm hearing that the full piece will be made available very soon.

Excellent news, thanks!! beer
  4. FSM -- as reported earlier:

Complete "Star Trek III: The Search For Spock":
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … -FOR-SPOCK
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2010
    Holy...
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Oh man!

Timmer's gonna freak!!! shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2010 edited
    hooray rolleyes <--shrug

On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT!!!!! shocked punk dizzy gibber gibber gibber
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. justin boggan wrote
    FSM -- as reported earlier:

Complete "Star Trek III: The Search For Spock":
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … -FOR-SPOCK

wow, bloody fantastic

YES, brother it's here punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...ordered in a micro parsec.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Whoa! I'm glad I didn't buy the old release at e-bay the other day. (Now I only need the money for this... sad )
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2010 edited
    keky wrote
    Whoa! I'm glad I didn't buy the old release at e-bay the other day. (Now I only need the money for this... sad )

Would that be mine? Anyway it's gone, I sold it just in time. Especially since this new release seems to have the original album too.

Anyway before I forget...

fireworks bounce fireworks bounce fireworks

JEEZESICANTBELIEVEITSFINALLYHERE
    HOLYMOTHEROFGODITHINKIMGONNAFAINT

fireworks bounce fireworks bounce fireworks

I think I can safely say I enjoy Star III even more than II, this complete release is long overdue. punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    I have a copy of the old soundtrack album of STIII which I enjoy quite a lot - question is if it will be worth it to get this new set too... Hm. I will need to ponder this.
    - What matters is the music -
  6. Why have a 2-CD release of this? Is the original album OOP?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010
    They probably had to include the original album as part of the license.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  7. I see.

Great to see this expanded version available.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  8. Manwe wrote
    I have a copy of the old soundtrack album of STIII which I enjoy quite a lot - question is if it will be worth it to get this new set too... Hm. I will need to ponder this.

I've just been listening to the clips available to listen to at SAE and all I can say is, listen to the clips from tracks not featured on the already-released CD. For me, they add an extra dimension to the already-familiar score (a bit like the added tracks for The Wrath of Khan did). Makes it no-brainer purchase!

I also notice that the majority of the tracks on the current CD are different versions to those on the complete score. They may not be alternate versions (they may just be the same music edited differently for the original CD?) but at least they are not just duplicates of the tracks on CD1 of the new release.
  9. Ever since seeing the film for the first time many years ago I have wanted those unreleased cues. They make an already great score even greater. Even more so than ST II, for me.

To tell how obsessed I grew with this over the years: I ripped the DVD for its formerly unreleased music, extracted the left and right channels to make sure no dialogue was present, edited the volume to match with the existing album and made a new one from scratch with original tracks and those new ones in the correct film order. So I basically listened to the music with sound effects included and I enjoyed the hell out of it. It took me a good few hours of the day to make that one. smile

I'll be sad to let it go, frankly, now that the official one is here. Well for a microsecond anyway.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Crap.
    James Horners score for "The Karate Kid" seems to be a download only....

"And then we were so fortunate to get James Horner who came straight off of Avatar and nobody thought we would get him. But we showed him the movie and he loved it. So the last few days we've been in here, in the old Sony scoring stages, and we just added the last touch of James Horner which gives the movie an enormous scope."

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/05/24/ … ald-zwart/

"However, it might also be a AMAZON ON DEMAND release as well (CDR)

But, no pressed CD in the USA." (Ford A. Thaxton)
  10. Crap indeed. rolleyes

They're expecting it won't sell as well as Avatar?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Does "But no pressed CD in the USA" mean that there will be a pressed CD in Europe? Has that happened before?
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    keky wrote
    Does "But no pressed CD in the USA" mean that there will be a pressed CD in Europe? Has that happened before?

Maybe... didn't something similar happen with "Incredible Hulk"?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DreamTheater wrote

I think I can safely say I enjoy Star III even more than II...

I still for the life of me can't even begin to fathom why people do, but I am looking forward to this release.