• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    The International Film Music Critics Association awarded him multiple times since 2005, including his Best Composer of the Year award in both 2006 and 2007 and also in 2008, Alexandre Desplat wins the 2008 IFMCA’S Film Score of the Year Award for THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON, David Fincher’s imaginative re-telling of a 1921. --> http://filmmusiccritics.org/

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be apart of that group. wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. LOL. Things are looking up though. I hear it's lost one of its reliable Desplat voters recently. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Here's a tracklisting for the people who loved the slower, romantic and melodic parts of NEW MOON but are bored of the action cues:

Dreamcatcher
    Romeo and Juliet
    Edward leaves
    I need you
    Break up
    Memories of Edward
    Almost a kiss
    You're alive
    Mary me, Bella
    Full moon

Do yourself a favor and listen to just the above pieces. The score's really beautiful.

I made a playlist of half those tracks, and it works exceedingly well. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Which cues you kept exactly?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. You've got to have 'To Volterra'. That's too good to leave out. I'd leave out some of the cuter stuff instead.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bored with the action cues? There were only two really short ones I thought?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    franz_conrad wrote
    You've got to have 'To Volterra'. That's too good to leave out. I'd leave out some of the cuter stuff instead.

'To Volterra' is out in favour of some of the cuter stuff.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    I haven't seen much discussion about Fantastic Mr. Fox. Did no one like it/listen to it?
    I checked iTunes earlier today and while the samples were really good, I got put off by the 20-minute running time of the score.
  3. I enjoyed it, but that's me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sylvos wrote
    I haven't seen much discussion about Fantastic Mr. Fox. Did no one like it/listen to it?

http://www.moviemusicuk.us/fantasticfoxcd.htm

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Yes I love his palette of instruments he used in " Bean's Secret Cider Cellar" and "Just Another Dead Rat in a Garbage pail". A lot of fun! This is the same composer that did New Moon, Julie/Julia and Un Prophète in the same year? All very different from each other stylistically speaking.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Sylvos wrote
    I checked iTunes earlier today and while the samples were really good, I got put off by the 20-minute running time of the score.

Are you serious? All those tracks and I was only 20 minutes? shocked

*awaits Largo Winch 2 or similar project*
  4. Sylvos wrote

I only downloaded 2-3 tracks from Fantastic Mr Fox. Unusual-sounding and nice to hear when they pop up in a playlist.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2009
    Sylvos wrote

It's an enjoyable, cute little uplifting score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010
    Is anyone informed if there's going to be a third installment of the fine franchise?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I take it you've visited the fail blog today?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No, i am genuinely interested in a possible third installment, if Desplat's scoring it.

( wink )
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Eclipse is in production but as far as know there it no word yet concerning the composer. I truly hope it's Desplat again.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Eclipse is due this year.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Abel Korzeniowski is in high consideration, I've heard.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Judging from this year's surprise, A SINGLE MAN, i am sure he'll do simply great.
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    Is anyone informed if there's going to be a third installment of the fine franchise?

The director is different to NEW MOON, and if his history is anything to go by, the lush romantic approach won't be so interesting to him. I imagine he'll veer back towards Carter Burwell, or possibly even go back to the guy who did his last film, 30 DAYS OF NIGHT. (And no, that isn't the sort of score we like much. wink )
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    franz_conrad wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

The director is different to NEW MOON, and if his history is anything to go by, the lush romantic approach won't be so interesting to him. I imagine he'll veer back towards Carter Burwell, or possibly even go back to the guy who did his last film, 30 DAYS OF NIGHT. (And no, that isn't the sort of score we like much. wink )

I thought Brian Reitzell's score for 30 DAYS OF NIGHT was pretty good, especially when he settled in a John Carpenter vibe. But the suspense music otherwise was rather unremarkable. I believe he's Sophia Coppola's regular composer.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Yeah, I was talking more about Demetris and my tastes in music. Neither of us would ever pick up the score out of interest in the film, but someone like Desplat made it interesting to at least hear the album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I thought Brian Reitzell's score for 30 DAYS OF NIGHT was pretty good, especially when he settled in a John Carpenter vibe. But the suspense music otherwise was rather unremarkable. I believe he's Sophia Coppola's regular composer.

I can just picture the look on the faces of all the Twilight fanatics who went crazy because Desplat's score wasn't like Burwell's, if Reitzell gets the gig!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010 edited
    franz_conrad wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

That Brian Reitzell guy? Warum? What i heard was vomit-inducing material.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Thor wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I can just picture the look on the faces of all the Twilight fanatics who went crazy because Desplat's score wasn't like Burwell's, if Reitzell gets the gig!

Fans of TWILIGHT the movie actually gave a crap about anything else other than the emo vampire's crotch?
  8. Sounds like there'll be a bit of energy in Desplat's THE GHOST WRITER score (for Polanski) if the music used for the trailer (definitely Desplat) is any indication:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzxj_grPyUA
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010
    This sounds good.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010
    Desplat thriller scores usually do! I'm not really a fan of his franz-type scores wink (except Benjamin Button because it's a nice relaxing album), but his action writing is fantastic!