• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2011
    biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  1. How best is it to check iTunes for recent and ongoing score releases?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. There must have been a time when I showed kindness to someone from Europe here. If not, that time will surely come soon.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    How best is it to check iTunes for recent and ongoing score releases?

Who knows? I find the iTunes store to be incredibly badly-designed. Searching for "Tree of Life" in music yields a large number of results, none of which seems to be this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2011
    BobdH wrote
    For those who live in Europe (although only confirmed by myself in the Netherlands, and people living in the UK), Desplat's score for The Tree of Life is already available for purchase through iTunes!

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Buy.

You want to hear it first in the movie?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I want it on cd . Screw iTunes
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Cristian wrote
    You want to hear it first in the movie?

Well...

Christodoulides wrote
    I want it on cd . Screw iTunes

Exactly. That. I don't buy off iTunes. However, it's incredibly tempting to purchase a single track for just 0,99 cents just to get a taster. But I know once I've crossed that border, I'll get another one... and another one... But I know I will only want to experience it for the first time in full, on CD, or within the film.
  3. I've not yet held this religious affection for the cd myself. I buy so few scores these days - basically alexandre desplat scores, plus a handful of others - that on occasion, I've bought the most interesting ones more than once. In the end, it's just files on a hard drive anyway these days. Most of the cd's go... into the box.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2011 edited
    Well, why not listen to music on a nice hi-fi system? Why should it always be the pc? I find, with the time, that the ventilation and cooling system noise plus the easy way we shuffle or jump from one album to the next whilst on playlists on pcs, are some of the few factors that suck the fun away from me at times.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2011
    Being able to switch albums quickly sucks away the fun? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    How best is it to check iTunes for recent and ongoing score releases?

Who knows? I find the iTunes store to be incredibly badly-designed. Searching for "Tree of Life" in music yields a large number of results, none of which seems to be this.

A search for 'tree of life desplat' works quite well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Being able to switch albums quickly sucks away the fun? confused

Yeah, cause i personally rarely let them finish. I switch to something else mid-way.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, why not listen to music on a nice hi-fi system? Why should it always be the pc? I find, with the time, that the ventilation and cooling system noise plus the easy way we shuffle or jump from one album to the next whilst on playlists on pcs, are some of the few factors that suck the fun away from me at times.

I rarely listen to music on the PC except for the likes of Erik's shows etc.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. I usually listen to music on the ipod (plugged into small headphones or jack into the car), or on a pc at work, or on a mac at home... so cd's don't mean a lot to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote

Aaaah... the luxury of have that free time just to sit back and blow and hour listening to music and not doing anything else. I remember those days!

I listen to all of my music digitally... mostly off my Macbook (with hi-end external speakers) or off my iPod either in the car or in the living room while doing daily things around the house. I can't remember the last time I just sat back and listened to a score on CD through my stereo system. However, in saying that, I listen to music a lot during the day and my digital files, organized in iTunes, played through my nice desktop spearkers sounds just as good as CD and is just as satisfying!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. Erik, do you have instant access to all your digital files? If I wanted to listen to an older score I would need to fish out my back-up hard drive to listen to it.

Playing the CD in this case may be easier!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    All of my music files (all 4283 albums - 378 GB worth) are on my 2TB external drive. They are all backed-up to my 2TB external back-up drive which is backed-up every hour.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. So the external drive is connected to a computer for instant access?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Yup! Via USB 2.0. And I can also stream all of my music through my wife's laptop via iTunes Home Sharing!

-Erik-
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    Yup! Via USB 2.0. And I can also stream all of my music through my wife's laptop via iTunes Home Sharing!

-Erik-

Cheers, Erik. I'm thinking I need to get another large external hard drive for my music so I can access it whenever I want with as little fuss as possible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Hard drives are dirt cheap now. Get two.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Erik Woods wrote
    Hard drives are dirt cheap now. Get two.

-Erik-

Yes, they are.

I remember when I had a 2GB HDD and I didn't knew how to squeeze more files in it. biggrin
  8. New project:

The Ides of March directed by George Clooney.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2011/04/29 … -of-march/
  9. Scorefanatic wrote
    New project:

The Ides of March directed by George Clooney.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2011/04/29 … -of-march/

Cool. By the way, DH Part 2's score is being recording right now so maybe it's going to be information by Pope. The trailer was released a couple of days ago and it's epic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Varese was meant to have released La Fille Du Puisatier. But they don't seem to have done. Anyone know the story?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2011
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Erik, how do you backup? Manually? Or via a software, and if the latter, which one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I use Time Machine! It really came in handing when my iMac crapped out last summer.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Too bad it's only for mac as i understand? Does anyone know if this works on windows or if there's a good alternative, hassle-free and system-light backup software for windows that does all on itself?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2011 edited
    I'd do a Goodle search. I know that there are some great free back-up programs out there. In my PC day I did use a few but I can't remember any software names. Sorry. Oh, Time Machine doesn't work on PC. But doesn't XP, Vista or 7 have a back-up already built into the operating system?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/wind … nd-restore

-Erik-