• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2008
    A touch, a veritable touch, I do confess 't.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2008 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: The Mummy - Jerry Goldsmith

A superb score. Awesome themes, head banging action material, an awesome recording by Mike Ross-Trevor, and one of the best love themes ever composed by Goldsmith. And... I'm a fan of the movie. A great popcorn adventure that I've revisited many, many times!

-Erik-

Indeed. I remember some time ago I had the cd in the car and I played it over and over and over. Amazing themes, orchestrations, amazing everything!

Martijn wrote
    Hmmm...I should give this one another go, maybe.
    I always rated it below the likes of First Knight and the excellent 13th Warrior.

What an amazing trio of scores. If I had to choose one, I´d be in serious trouble. Better play ´em all! punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    Hmmm...I should give this one another go, maybe.
    I always rated it below the likes of First Knight and the excellent 13th Warrior.

Three good latter-day Goldsmith scores. And the best of the three is Mulan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Even though I agree with James' assessment of Mulan, I do find some fault with his arithmetic...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Martijn wrote
    Even though I agree with James' assessment of Mulan, I do find some fault with his arithmetic...

biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. NP: 25th Hour - Terence Blanchard

The finale cue on this CD is one of the most beautiful - though heartbreaking - piece of music I have ever heard. It brings copious tears to my eyes every time I hear it...which can be inconvenient when driving.

cry
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Timmer wrote
    Has anyone here watched any of the World Championship Snooker on BBC?

James? Steven? Anthony? Tim? Alan? etc

I've a music related query which I'll ask if I get any possitive feedback?

Sorry but I haven't been watching the snooker at all. I used to - it always started just as studying was required for final year exams at uni and the snooker always took on a huge significant so I could get away from studying.

Now, no exams - no snooker!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: 25th Hour - Terence Blanchard

The finale cue on this CD is one of the most beautiful - though heartbreaking - piece of music I have ever heard. It brings copious tears to my eyes every time I hear it...which can be inconvenient when driving.

cry

I like Blanchard's music on the whole. His finale cues from Clockers, Caveman's Valentine and A Tale of God's Will: Requiem for Katrina are also very cathartic.

NP: Lost Season 2 (Giacchino)

Some good material here. I can't say I find the melodies all that compelling (the main attraction of the first season album - 'Win one for the reaper' - doesn't appear at all), but he's certainly mixing it up as he goes in terms of orchestrations.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2008 edited
    MARK MCKENZIE - The Disappearance of Garcia

What a fantastic score! Ranging from moody and moving, solemn acoustic guitar / piano and low strings couplings to festive orchestral fanfares and grand thematic statements, to subtle piano pieces and - most surprisingly - intense and dense action cues, dark orchestral passages like the complex " Five By All Clocks In The Afternoon" that shocked the speakers, this gem has it all! Armed with a spectacularly memorable and melodic main theme and an "eras past", nostalgic and sweet melancholic tone, this is a perfectly varicolored and coherent musical work and the best starting point for one newly getting in touch with McKenzie's magnificent work.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2008
    franz_conrad wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: 25th Hour - Terence Blanchard

cry

I like Blanchard's music on the whole. His finale cues from Clockers, Caveman's Valentine and A Tale of God's Will: Requiem for Katrina are also very cathartic.

NP: Lost Season 2 (Giacchino)

Some good material here. I can't say I find the melodies all that compelling (the main attraction of the first season album - 'Win one for the reaper' - doesn't appear at all), but he's certainly mixing it up as he goes in terms of orchestrations.

Give it some time mate and repeated listens. You'll be surprised by how they'll turn to sound in your ears after repeated listens. And what about "Rose and Bernard"? That's such a beautiful piece of music. Or "Hurley's Handouts".
  4. Demetris, this isn't the first time I've listened to LOST 2! I have had it for about a year and a half... wink

NP: Hable con ella (Iglesias)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah sorry mate, forget what i said then and go watch the show instead! wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ah sorry mate, forget what i said then and go watch the show instead! wink

I must admit, the solo instrument performances (curse the harp) are very boring on album, but work wonders on the show.

I think the most effective pieces of music in season 2 are when:

Jack's wife says she's leaving him.
    Rose and Bernard meet again (''The Gathering''??).
    The final scene with Walt & Michael leaving on the boat.

I'll watch season 3 alongside getting the soundtrack so I can work out what goes where. Hopefully we'll get a fat booklet with stuff by Giacchino in.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Has anyone here watched any of the World Championship Snooker on BBC?

James? Steven? Anthony? Tim? Alan? etc

I've a music related query which I'll ask if I get any possitive feedback?

I don't watch it on purpose, but what's the query anyway?

It's a great piece of music they use when showing a round up of who will be playing who. I can't identify it and it's quite possibly film music?

It's string dominated with a rock vibe.

One more try.

If you're familiar with 'Come With Me by Puff Daddy featuring Jimmy Page from the commercial release of GODZILLA then you'll have a good idea of what this instrumental sounds like.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Np 1941 John Williams

Oh yeah!
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    P.S., I Love You - John Powell

''Meh'' is the best word to describe this. It's good...but it's not... (forgive the Jordi-ism)

Let me rephrase that, this is simply standard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote

''Meh'' is the best word to describe this. It's good...but it's not... (forgive the Jordi-ism)

What I said with the promo...

NP:Lair (Debney)
    It's good....but it's superb
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote

What I said with the promo...

NP:Lair (Debney)
    It's good....but it's superb

I really liked the promo. Sadly the best stuff was the promo.

Anyway.

Lair...long, loud, and very likeable! Good choice sir! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    One more try.

If you're familiar with 'Come With Me by Puff Daddy

You honestly expect me, Alan or Steven to be familiar with that?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    One more try.

If you're familiar with 'Come With Me by Puff Daddy

You honestly expect me, Alan or Steven to be familiar with that?

Your loss! It's a fantastic track based on Led Zepelin's 'Kashmir'.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR - Michel Legrand

Perfect music for a glorious sunny day cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sabrina | John Williams

Thank you John. cool
  6. Steven wrote
    Sabrina | John Williams

Thank you John. cool

But surely this is one of his worst scores!! sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Tim (not timmer) wrote
    Steven wrote
    Sabrina | John Williams

Thank you John. cool

Nope.
  7. Steven wrote
    Tim (not timmer) wrote
    Steven wrote
    Sabrina | John Williams

Thank you John. cool

Nope.

Yes angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Tim (not timmer) wrote
    Steven wrote
    Tim (not timmer) wrote
    Steven wrote
    Sabrina | John Williams

Thank you John. cool

Nope.

Yes angry

You're obviously putting on the wrong score - this one is a charming, relaxing, and wonderful little score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I think Sabrina is a reasonably pleasant little score. As Dave Grusin impersonations go, it's not bad at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    NP: In Too Deep Revisited - Christopher Young

Not one of his finest hours, but it's a reasonable CD anyway. The liner notes contain a pretty unique confession from Young which explains the CD's raison d'etre (I was a bit confused by why it was being put out until I read it)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedizim
    At work listening to an all score playlist on random...it is 10.7 days worth of music, 5387 songs... Playing Right NOW is Track 8 of Disc 6 of The Superman Box Set which is Superman IV. Two days in a row of just randoming my playlist...kind of enjoyable because I never know what is coming next!!
    ---- Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.
  8. jedizim wrote
    At work listening to an all score playlist on random...it is 10.7 days worth of music, 5387 songs... Playing Right NOW is Track 8 of Disc 6 of The Superman Box Set which is Superman IV. Two days in a row of just randoming my playlist...kind of enjoyable because I never know what is coming next!!

Thats what I do, but thankfully my MP3 player has a function of being able to randomize the albulm. So I awlays get a complete album even if I don't know what it is. If only Media Player had a similar function (unless I'm being stupid)

Sabrinas Boring!!