• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Tim (not timmer) wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Yesterday evening I was playing John Williams JURASSIC PARK THE LOST WORLD while watching a wonderful display of natures power in the form of a thunder storm, awesome stuff and Williams music fitted perfectly aided by turning all lights in the house off and opening the curtains! cool

James? Tim ( not timmer )? This wouldn't have passed you guys by unnoticed surely?

p.s. I pulled the majority of house plugs out including the computer

I certainly noticed it, was waiting to go out for a friends leaving drinks, but twas excessively awesome at the same time!! I'm pretty sure southall mentioned it in a post earlier, not sure what thread was though. It just made me think of theat eruption/lightening picture, and how cool that must have been.

Funnily enough I was awoken at about 12.20 am (an early night last night) by the thunder and lightning. It seemed to be quite a violent storm here too!

Been having my mp3 player on "random shuffle"

- "Fuga Dal Paradiso XVII" - Fuga Dal Paradiso - Michel Legrand...1991 Italian TV sci-fi movie with a lovely score from Legrand. Quite classical in places.
    - "Cello For Helena" - Jennifer 8 - Christopher Young...Still one of my favourite - if not my favourite - Young scores. Exquisitely beautiful.
    - "Night of The Beast" - Poltergeist - Jerry Goldsmith...What can you say about this score? This cue is part of a powerhouse sequence towards the end of the movie.
    - "Crash and Burn / Achilles vs Alexander" - Robotjox - Frédéric Talgorn
    - "Follow" - The Killing Floor - Michael Wandmacher...A great little cue full of rhythmic percussion & low strings.
    - "Main Title" - Antitrust - Don Davis...Quite a light cue this with a catchy melody on penny whistle(?) & acoustic guitar. Looks like a crappy movie though.
    - "Untraceable" - Untraceable - Christopher Young...Not that new from Chris but it's full of the mannerisms from this composer that I like. Yum!
    - "The Final Canoe Trip" - Black Robe - Georges Delerue...such a beautiful theme.
    - "The Last Tournament" - Reversal - Jeff Danna...typical "folky" score from Danna. Big thumbs up.
    - "The Hunt" - Planet of The Apes - Danny Elfman...Not a patch on Goldsmith's track but still good.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    NP : KONIG DER LETZTEN TAGE - Wojchiech Kilar

This is the 20 minute suite on Marco Polo, eexcellent music! cool

Awesome! Dark and hypnotic! You know you can buy the full score at Dominus Animae, right?
    http://www.dominusanimae.com/soundtrack … ntage.html
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BhelPuri wrote
    Timmer wrote

Awesome! Dark and hypnotic! You know you can buy the full score at Dominus Animae, right?

What can I say?

kiss cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ Easily one of my favorite scores of all time!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: The Spitfire Grill - James Horner

One of his greatest achievements. A fantastic score for this time of year!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    ^ Easily one of my favorite scores of all time!

-Erik-

beer <--tea at this time wink

NP : MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS - John Barry

Great score and perfect for this sunny Sunday afternoon cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Batman Begins, Batman, Conan The Destroyer
    I'm in a dark and stormy mood.
    smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    NP - Temple Of Doom

Todays obsessive cue playing is that of The Bug Tunnel. That four note brass motif is mind-boggingly cool! punk

I can't stop play "The mine car Chase".

The bad guy motif is really adictive, and it's a most complex action cues than the other Indiana jones action cues wich are more based in a march rytms..
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Martijn wrote
    Batman Begins, Batman, Conan The Destroyer
    I'm in a dark and stormy mood.
    smile

From bad to good.... crazy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    NP - Temple Of Doom

Todays obsessive cue playing is that of The Bug Tunnel. That four note brass motif is mind-boggingly cool! punk

The bad guy motif is really adictive, and it's a most complex action cues than the other Indiana jones action cues wich are more based in a march rytms..

Yeah, especially some of the stuff in TLC. I've been listening to that today. While it was my favourite Indy score for a long time, I've recently come to realise Raiders kicks its ass. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE LORD OF THE RINGS : THE TWO TOWERS - Howard Shore

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: We Are Marshall - Christophe Beck

A decent, albeit formulaic, sport movie score with some very nice thematic moments. I like the use of voice in Our Boys' Plane.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    NP - Temple Of Doom

Yeah, especially some of the stuff in TLC. I've been listening to that today. While it was my favourite Indy score for a long time, I've recently come to realise Raiders kicks its ass. wink

Mmm.... After listen the whole scores in the last months, My orden of preference is : Temple of the Doom (more exotic and colorful), The last Crusade and Raider of the lost Ark.

About "Raiders march" I find the tune A a little bit cheesy ( annoying) but I really, really love the Bridge. (or tune B )

NP:My Own Indy Compilation

Map's room beer punk One of Williams Greatest Cues!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And I figured out why my copy sounded ''old'' - crappy mixing (God knows where my copy of the score originated from!). I stumbled accross another copy of Desert Chase on my computer and lo and behold, it sounded "new"! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    And I figured out why my copy sounded ''old'' - crappy mixing (God knows where my copy of the score originated from!). I stumbled accross another copy of Desert Chase on my computer and lo and behold, it sounded "new"! smile

...*intake of breath - About to say something*

Never mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote

Anthony tinks 64 kbpz is good kompreshun, yes?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2008
    Just played in the car, during a night drive: SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW - Edward Shearmur

Naturally, I got a kick out of it, since it's insanely entertaining and it shows this mans enormous talents. Plain and simple: it kicks ass! It also made me sad 'cause of the Goldenthal-glitch: this man needs more deserving projects! Stop wasting his time with Epic Movies! (of the comedy-kind, mind you). But, this is well known critique, so I'll stop.
  2. BobdH wrote
    NP: LA TERRE VUE DU CIEL - Armand Amar

omg

Can you elaborate on that?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. justin boggan wrote
    BobdH wrote

omg

That score is bloody good stuff.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    In England, most people know the Pirates theme. Just throwing that out there, not trying to make a point. Please don't kill me.

Really?

People of my age do at least.

I'll have to take your word for it.

I'm invited to my friends for dinner tomorrow, his three sons will be there, aged 14 to 20, all film fans and I'm going to get them to see how many film themes they can whistle / hum? Could be a laugh!? cheesy wink

...and I did remember to bring this up cheesy

Not one of them could name a single film composer except for John Williams but didn't know what scores he'd written though ALL of them knew the 'Raiders' theme, the Jaws motif, Star Wars and Superman.

Amongst a few tunes they knew was The Pink Panther, The Bond Theme and the whistling bit from The Good The Bad And The Ugly. Pirates Of The Caribbean drew a complete blank though Warren ( the 14 year old ) is a fan of the films and said he thought the music was very good but was unable to hum a single tune from any of it.

A small bubble of life I know, but still interesting and a good laugh for 10 minutes or so before the conversation turned elsewhere. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    franz_conrad wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    BobdH wrote

omg

Indeed! Has anyone heard his score for La Jeune Fille Et Les Loups?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Timmer wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    Timmer wrote

What can I say?

kiss cool beer

A supurb score! Dare I say, I even prefer it to Dracula! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    BhelPuri wrote

I did and I really liked the theme of the opening track, the Ouverture and La Bagarre. Both fantastic nervous pieces, with great buildup of the whole orchestra. The main theme itself is much more melodic and quite addictive. To me, it's one of his more accessible scores. His style clearly comes through again. smile
    Kazoo
  4. Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    In England, most people know the Pirates theme. Just throwing that out there, not trying to make a point. Please don't kill me.

Really?

People of my age do at least.

I'll have to take your word for it.

I'm invited to my friends for dinner tomorrow, his three sons will be there, aged 14 to 20, all film fans and I'm going to get them to see how many film themes they can whistle / hum? Could be a laugh!? cheesy wink

...and I did remember to bring this up cheesy

Not one of them could name a single film composer except for John Williams but didn't know what scores he'd written though ALL of them knew the 'Raiders' theme, the Jaws motif, Star Wars and Superman.

Amongst a few tunes they knew was The Pink Panther, The Bond Theme and the whistling bit from The Good The Bad And The Ugly. Pirates Of The Caribbean drew a complete blank though Warren ( the 14 year old ) is a fan of the films and said he thought the music was very good but was unable to hum a single tune from any of it.

A small bubble of life I know, but still interesting and a good laugh for 10 minutes or so before the conversation turned elsewhere. smile

Thats what I was saying, theres no clearly definable hummable bit of "hes a pirate"!!

Does NO-ONE listen!! sad
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Across the Sea of Time - John Barry

Few composers have written as many hummable themes as John Barry, and this one is just full of them. Gorgeous music for a nice sunny day like today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2008 edited
    NP:Chronicles of Narnia : Prince Caspian

Darker and with more action! At last a fantasy score with the contemporany sound. Forget Golden compass (Ey! it was very good too) and Spiderwick Chronicles!

Much better than the first score, but with all his good things: The themes and the Landscape sound.

Anyway, HGW action stuff is too based in KOH percusive action stuff and sometimes its no so powerfull like It could be. And again...Spy game dramatic theme...

But ey! this is a cool score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LSH wrote
    NP: We Are Marshall - Christophe Beck

A decent, albeit formulaic, sport movie score with some very nice thematic moments. I like the use of voice in Our Boys' Plane.

cool

I love that charming score, especially the string-led dramatic moments.

franz_conrad wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    BobdH wrote

omg

I WANT IT!
    BhelPuri wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    BobdH wrote

omg

I want that too!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2008 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    BobdH wrote

omg

Well, a friend sent me a track from the score; an intimate pianomelody, that expands over the course of 10 minutes with (solo)strings and the hint of a choir, in a way that could very well have been the inspiration for Clint Mansell to score passages of The Fountain, before picking up the pace and, with a haunting female vocal and violin, builds up to the ultimate feelgood musical experience that's on a par with Death is the Road to Awe, be it without that alternative band (even though it never reaches the same climactic heights; the same scoregasm can be had through the sheer quality). It's brilliant. Yet, sadly, unavailable. Or so I heard.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Chronicles of Narnia : Prince Caspian

Darker and with more action! At last a fantasy score with the contemporany sound. Forget Golden compass (Ey! it was very good too) and Spiderwick Chronicles!

Much better than the first score, but with all his good things: The themes and the Landscape sound.

Anyway, HGW action stuff is too based in KOH percusive action stuff and sometimes its no so powerfull like It could be. And again...Spy game dramatic theme...

But ey! this is a cool score!

WTF, this was obtained early... rolleyes biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Have played...

I Am Legend - James Newton Howard

What a great album. His best in ages.

Now...

Charlie Wilson's War - JNH

Not quite as good, but still impressive.