• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    FALSE just to copy Martijn. shame

shame <--is about right! rolleyes

Why not go with what you really think?

I do actually think false because it's such a plausible story.

What do I win if I'm right?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Just kudos dear boy, and twill be enough. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Kudos for being right when I had 50% chance of being right in the first place? (Or simply could have cheated and no one would be any the wiser.) I suppose kudos will have to do. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009 edited
    Only if you are correct. wink

...and cheating!??? Nah! I don't believe you would ( at least, not without admitting it ), I'm a glass half full man and I believe everyone here is honest. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The times I have are the times I haven't participated. That is one you'll just have to take on faith. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2009
    yikes!!!
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    THE GREAT ESCAPE

This iconic and classic film about the mass escape of Alied prisoners incarcerated in Stalag Luft III during World War II is based on fact, though the characters are more composites of the real life prisoners and some of the events have been condensed to fit the film.

Although many Americans worked on the escape tunnels, when 200 POWs escaped not one of them were American military personnel, in fact, the film would not have been financed unless American Heroes were written into the casting.

TRUE or FALSE ?

smile

bump

Sorry, I forgot about this. shame

I'll leave it here for a couple more hours.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Blah
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    THE GREAT ESCAPE

This iconic and classic film about the mass escape of Alied prisoners incarcerated in Stalag Luft III during World War II is based on fact, though the characters are more composites of the real life prisoners and some of the events have been condensed to fit the film.

Although many Americans worked on the escape tunnels, when 200 POWs escaped not one of them were American military personnel, in fact, the film would not have been financed unless American Heroes were written into the casting.

TRUE or FALSE ?

smile

bump

And the answer is TRUE!

Okay, well done the majority of you got it correct! cool

The Americans were moved to a different camp before the tunnels were completed.
  1. Oh. I thought no Americans were ever POWs in Germany, because Americans basically hit Europe at the moment when the Nazis were executing all potential POWs on the spot.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Damn my contrary nature. angry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    THE GREAT ESCAPE

TRUE or FALSE ?

smile

bump

And the answer is TRUE!

though they had a hand in the construction of the tunnels

and no way would I want to be without McQueen's motorcycle chase. cool

cool is Steve McQueen smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    omaha wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    THE GREAT ESCAPE

TRUE or FALSE ?

smile

bump

And the answer is TRUE!

though they had a hand in the construction of the tunnels

and no way would I want to be without McQueen's motorcycle chase. cool

cool is Steve McQueen smile

I love the film, it's one of my all time favourite war films, such fantastic characters and you truly care for each and every one of them.

Donald Pleasense ( the character who eventually goes blind ) was a real life POW in WW II and found filming on set very disturbing at first due to the realism.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2009 edited
    I thought I'd bring back one of these 'personal' True / False wink

Here are 4 facts about my life but ONE of these is FALSE, which one is it?

Is it....

1) I once threw a good friend into an iced over lake and he submerged into it?

2) I was once almost run over by famous British comedian Ronnie Corbett on a zebra crossing?

3) My house was once raided by the police in a drugs bust?

4) I fell off a cliff and still have a dent in my head where the bone chipped off?

5) I was once tied up to stop me from watching Godzilla films?

Have fun biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor

Sounds like a cruel Timmer joke, so yeah, TRUE. I'm sure no one was hurt, though.

2) I was once almost run over by famous British comedian Ronnie Corbett on a zebra crossing?

Never heard of him, so it must be TRUE. smile

Hmmm....I know you like beer and stuff, but drugs (even if it's all a misunderstanding)? Nah, doesn't sound like Timmer material. FALSE.

4) I fell off a cliff and still have a dent in my head where the bone chipped off?

With all your mountain adventure, TRUE.

This, of course, begats far more questions - such as WHO was tieing you up and in what stage of life (your parents? siblings?). But it sounds too weird to have been made up, so yeah, TRUE.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. hmm. I'd say 5
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2009
    3 false
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor; as others here can confirm, Ronnie Corbett is a TV comedy legend here in the UK wink

Keep em coming folks and I really hope someone else will have a go at doing one of these after this one is over?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    My first guess was 2) I was once almost run over by famous British comedian Ronnie Corbett on a zebra crossing? as Ronnie is so short I can't believe he would actually be able to drive a car, but then I realized that that probably was the reason he almost drove you over (not being able to actually peek through the front window in true Short Round fashion).

Hence, contrary as I am, my vote is that it is a trick question as ALL of the above are true.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I love you Martijn applause biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The film that put McQueen on the map.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    The film that put McQueen on the map.

dizzy

It's a new one now Tom. biggrin wave
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    I thought I'd bring back one of these 'personal' True / False wink

Here are 4 facts about my life but ONE of these is FALSE, which one is it?

Is it....

Have fun biggrin

Two say # 3

One says # 5

...and one says ALL of them are True dizzy

Keep em coming.............
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe

I have a friend who's apartment was raided by mistake biggrin

I think it's 4)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009 edited
    ColSharpe wrote

I have a friend who's apartment was raided by mistake biggrin

I think it's 4)

Good thinking beer ( not saying you are right or wrong wink )

Two say # 3

One says # 4

One says # 5

One is a Musketeer cheesy
  3. I would say throwing a friend in a ice cold lake is not correct, a normal friend you would throw in an ice cold lake, a good friend at least on the solid ground wink

so # 1
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009
    #1. I guess...
    I don't know if you like Godzilla or not... slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Two x 1

Two x 3

One x 4

One x 5

One x Musketeer

Bregt? Steven? Tom?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    #5 Tim
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    #5 Tim

beer