• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2010 edited
    biggrin

Specially this week, with two episodes broadcasted tonight and two more tomorrow lick lick
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2010
    I wish I had enough restraint to wait until the DVD came out. Having the pleasure of watching an entire season over one weekend will never happen again unfortunately. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2010 edited
    It is impossible not to watch it weekly. IMPOSSIBLE. We are too weak. Unless you leave and hide in a cave in the middle of nowhere. A very far away middle of nowhere.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Season 8 supposedly contains the biggest explosion in 24 history. I assume they mean real explosion opposed to CGI otherwise we're in for another nuke-tastic season.

Also in the premiere Jack apparently gets another domestic appliance kill which rivals the hacksaw from season 2.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Can´t wait!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010
    I´m gonna be strong and wait until wednesday to watch the first four episodes in a row. I can do it, I can do it.....
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    biggrin

Stuff that. I'm currently at home on my lunchbreak downloading the second episode. That's weakness for you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    biggrin

Stuff that. I'm currently at home on my lunchbreak downloading the second episode. That's weakness for you.

lol
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    :epic-failure:
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Episode one...it's ok...it feels a bit flat and out of steam, but it does have two neat Jack Bauer kills.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Episode one...it's ok...it feels a bit flat and out of steam, but it does have two neat Jack Bauer kills.

You are weak! wink

Pretty solid numbers by the way:

8x01 -> 11.5 million viewers.
    8x02 -> 11.3 million viewers.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010 edited
    Episode two...again, just "ok". Nothing particularly bad to say about it, but nothing particularly great either. Incredibly average.

[spoiler]But Horace Goodspeed is a terrorist![/spoiler]
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    nothing particularly great either. Incredibly average.

You just described all of the seasons of 24, each and every single episode.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    You ever watched season 5?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No, but even you, one of the show's most avid fans, can't get quite excited by it anymore. That says something about it, imo wink I don't watch 24, i was tremendously put off by the whole thing during the first episodes of the first season that i tried to watch.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I think if you can't enjoy the first episodes of the show you're stuck. It has been going on too long, I'll admit it, but I'm waiting for it to go out with a bang rather than just fizzling out.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2010 edited
    Have you watched the premier yet Marcel?

Comments:

Episode one:

- The opening bit with the sniper was cool. I liked the fact we were introduced a bit better to a couple of henchman (who were clearly crap compared to Davros a.ka. Horace).
    - Jack sleeps! I thought when Teri woke him up and he said "We had a talk about this..." he was going to finish "I'VE MISSED OVER A WEEK OF SLEEP SO LEAVE IT OUT WITH THE BLOODY BEARS!".
    - Kim actually seems to have grown up and didn't annoy me. I don't need to see her again this season.
    - FIRE AXE! Best bit of the whole premier.
    - Hastings is a dick. Why does he always slouch forward too? Is it suit too tight? I miss Bill. sad
    - Chloe is looking fit!
    - Arlo and Davros are the only new characters I genuinely like
    - Dana's "mystery boyfriend" story is pants
    - They could clearly fake Washington easier than New York as there's a lot of iffy CGI
    - It's nice not having a massive role of Taylor and her only getting a couple of scenes per episode

Episode two:

- The new CTU looks good, but feels quiet and empty. The new interrogation room with the door that goes into the ceiling is hilarious.
    - I'm confused as to why Jack can just walk around freely and get into an armory just like that
    - Kim really did not have to come and pick Jack up. Outstayed welcome #1, now I don't need to see her for the rest of the season.
    - After all of her complaining about putting himself in danger and that he should be with his family Kim wants Jack to kill terrorists!?
    - This episode seemed slow, especially for a premiere

Episode three:

- And evil brother? Fantastic.
    - Jack wandering around Queens was cool but I thought the gang sent him to the wrong house?
    - I would have loved to see how getting the serial numbers off a CCTV camera on a 20ft pole would let Chloe access them. Bollocks. I would like to see however cameras with facial recognition technology in them like the ones at the UN. They were cool!
    - Hastings continues to be a dick.
    - Davros a.k.a Horace continues to be cool again
    - That cop that wailed on Jack was a douchebag. I would have been ok with it if it wasn't just to delay Jack for half the episode.
    - As soon as Jack does escape he doesn't have a scratch on his face!?
    - The UN evacuation was done well

Episode 4:

- Davros good again, but sad he died.
    - Ugh. Nukes? You're kidding me. I was surprisingly less pissed off than previous seasons, but now we can add to the tally it's a nuke every other season still.
    - Hastings is still a dick. AND STILL SLOUCHING! Stand up man!
    - The Russian baddies seemed pretty interesting. There blatantly has to be a shootout in that restaurant with that much breakable stuff.
    - Good music from Sean Callery when the head Russian shows the evil brother his son dying from radiation poisoning
    - Renee's undercover story is interesting, BUT IT MAKES NO SENSE!! If she'd been with the Russian mob she would have seen some fucked up shit, but when we meet her in season 7 she's the sweet, innocent, naive FBI agent. Now she's lost Larry and is suicidal?!
    - I like how Renee has out Jacked Jack and is now like he was in season 2. Did the last scene remind you of something? wink

Most importantly, a lot of people are infinitely more pissed off about season 8 than I am! Maybe the bad episodes of previous seasons were a blessing in disguise as they made the good episodes seem even better? The four above have been consistently "ok". They are entertaining to watch, but they haven't been exciting. And I can't decide how to rank them among other episodes. It's messy and convoluted and all over the place yet I'd still want to watch this over seasons 4 and 6. Let's see where this goes..
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2010 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Have you watched the premier yet Marcel?

Ok just finished my little 24 marathon of four episodes in a row (as I promised). Let the quoting party begin.

Anthony wrote
    Comments:

Episode one:
    - Jack sleeps! I thought when Teri woke him up and he said "We had a talk about this..." he was going to finish "I'VE MISSED OVER A WEEK OF SLEEP SO LEAVE IT OUT WITH THE BLOODY BEARS!"

Haha, yeah he sleeps. Actually, had we seen him sleeping before? I was afraid he´d punch his granddaughter when she woke him up. Fortunately he didn´t.

Anthony wrote
    - Kim actually seems to have grown up and didn't annoy me. I don't need to see her again this season.

I agree, good scenes between her and Jack. A nice way to say goodbye to the character, sending her to La with her husband (or boyfriend?) and daughter.

Anthony wrote
    - FIRE AXE! Best bit of the whole premier .

Bauer, Jack Bauer (I).

Anthony wrote
    - Hastings is a dick. Why does he always slouch forward too? Is it suit too tight? I miss Bill. sad .

Yeah I noticed that too. Always slouches forward. I rememebr the actor in other films / TV shows and he does not do that! Bill will never be forgotten.

Anthony wrote
    - Chloe is looking fit!.

Yes she is. She is hotter than ever.

Anthony wrote
    - Dana's "mystery boyfriend" story is pants

Totally. I hope it does not waste a lot of the show´s time,

Anthony wrote
    Episode two:

- I'm confused as to why Jack can just walk around freely and get into an armory just like that

Bauer, Jack Bauer (II).

Anthony wrote
    - This episode seemed slow, especially for a premiere

Yeah it was more like a mid season filler episode.

Anthony wrote
    Episode three:

I would like to see however cameras with facial recognition technology in them like the ones at the UN. They were cool!

Too CSI-ish for my taste.

Anthony wrote
    - The UN evacuation was done well

Yes, great pace and building tension. First big set piece of the season.

Anthony wrote
    Episode 4:

- Davros good again, but sad he died.

Well, he can now go back to the island, put the Dharma clothes on and keep building cabins.

Anthony wrote
    - Ugh. Nukes? You're kidding me. I was surprisingly less pissed off than previous seasons, but now we can add to the tally it's a nuke every other season still.

Hmm...let´s wait and see what are they planning to do with them.

Anthony wrote
    - Hastings is still a dick. AND STILL SLOUCHING! Stand up man!

biggrin

Anthony wrote
    - The Russian baddies seemed pretty interesting. There blatantly has to be a shootout in that restaurant with that much breakable stuff.

I´m sure there will be one. I like jurgen Prochnow playing the bad guy by the way.

Anthony wrote
    - Good music from Sean Callery when the head Russian shows the evil brother his son dying from radiation poisoning

And again, good tunes when a chopper is on screen (first episode when the chopper takes off and fourth episode whene Rene arrives at CTU).

Anthony wrote
    - Renee's undercover story is interesting, BUT IT MAKES NO SENSE!! If she'd been with the Russian mob she would have seen some fucked up shit, but when we meet her in season 7 she's the sweet, innocent, naive FBI agent. Now she's lost Larry and is suicidal?!

Well not only Larry but her career.

Anthony wrote
    - I like how Renee has out Jacked Jack and is now like he was in season 2. Did the last scene remind you of something? wink

I loved that. Although Jack cut off the whole hand....and with an axe! Renee is still learning.

I also liked the dialogues between Jack and Renne (specially the one after they meet again at CTU). Actually they were one of the things I liked the most of season 7.
    Overall I agree with you; they are "ok" episodes: not great, not bad. I have the feeling they´re gonna be better and better as the season moves forward. Let´s see.

Edit: Freddie Prinze has been a total (positive) surprise to me. He was one of my bigger concerns this season but he has proven me wrong, I like him so far.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2010
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

And again, good tunes when a chopper is on screen (first episode when the chopper takes off and fourth episode whene Rene arrives at CTU).

I swear the first chopper cue is from season 7. Renee's bit was just trying too hard to be epic and it didn't fit.

I still say her new backstory makes no sense, regardless of her mental state.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    I still say her new backstory makes no sense, regardless of her mental state.

Maybe, but she is hotter than before tongue

I honestly think that, regardless the backstory issue you mention, we can have fun with this new Rennee.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Aha

http://24community.fox.com/go/thread/vi … lease_read

Now I don't think it's so weird..
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2010 edited
    - "At some point, I'm guessing AFTER the undercover work, she met Larry who became her boss. Now this was a man who truely believed in playing by the book, and that 'the rules make us better.' Enter Jack Bauer. The minute he enters her life, she starts doubting the rules and values that Larry taught her. Don't you think it was pretty easy for Jack to bring out the animal in Renee?"

Seems perfectly logical to me. I have my doubts the writers had this in mind at the beginning of season 7, but it is indeed a good and coherent explanation. It would enhance the fact that loosing Larry was more than loosing a boyfriend. It was more like loosing what kept her safe in this world.

A very interesting post.

I didn´t know that message board. Now I can´t stop reading.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010
    I saw the first 2 episodes...

What a mess, Dude!

After a entertaining and fresh 7th season, 24 is back to the mediocrity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2010
    24 received the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Television Series punk punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2010
    Nautilus wrote
    I saw the first 2 episodes...

What a mess, Dude!

After a entertaining and fresh 7th season, 24 is back to the mediocrity.

Yup, welcome to what we're both thinking. Although admittedly the last six episodes of season 7 went completely off the rails.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010 edited
    8x05 was a good episode, drama focused rather than action oriented. Seems we are gonna have a lot of Renee stuff this season (hell, Jack looks mentally fine when compared to Renne´s psychic condition: I am sure what she says to Valdimir by the end of the episode is not a bluff but what she really feels). I like the guy that plays Vladimir (hope he lasts at least 4 or 5 episodes).

Dana´s subplot is still boring (I hope it ends ASAP) and Hastings is still slouching.

Solid ratings by the way (10.7 million viewers).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2010
    Anthony? Anthony?!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2010
    Sorry, I got a computer virus the other day and had to reformat. Only got around to watching it tonight.

I didn't particularly enjoy this episode. The plot advanced nowhere, I hate Chloe (the show is so much better when she's not in Jack's ear being able to provide everything he needs), Sean Callery was tracking too much music again (season 6 when Graeme dies, anyone?) and most importantly, there was no suspense again!

If this is going to be the last season, do something different! sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2010 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Sorry, I got a computer virus the other day and had to reformat.

Ouch.

Anthony wrote
    I didn't particularly enjoy this episode. The plot advanced nowhere,

Maybe not, but we certainly got new material about Renee´s past and how it will affect her behaviour this season. I mean, Jack babysitting a person almost as broken as him? This looks good to me.

Anthony wrote
    I hate Chloe (the show is so much better when she's not in Jack's ear being able to provide everything he needs),

Yeah, this was great in other seasons when necessary to add suspense and tension but in the 5th episode of season eight? No, thank you.

Anthony wrote
    Sean Callery was tracking too much music again (season 6 when Graeme dies, anyone?) and most importantly, there was no suspense again!

Callery seems to need a few episodes to warm up (unless there´s a chopper involved).

Anthony wrote
    If this is going to be the last season, do something different! sleep

Be patient, only five episides aired and we know that twist and 24 have always been good friends.