• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2009
    I'm midway through season 4 at the moment, and it's horrible. vomit

Dreadful script, many, many plothoes and stupid mistakes per episode, dumb plot, forgettable and/or irritating cast.

I'm waiting to see if my opinions on season 6 change when I get around to that again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2009 edited
    Really? I had a very bad memory of season four and the other day I started watching it again. I don´t know how I found myself playing the 5th DVD of the pack. I had watched 12 episodes in a row! It has probably one of the most exciting season kick off.

Love Buchanan´s / Curtis´s / Logan´s introduction to the show, Almeida´s / Palmer´s / Novick´s returns at midseason plus the final dialogue I´ve mentioned in the previous post (with Palmer´s and Bauer´s themes). Oh, and Mandy. She is SO hot, but such a bitch. 24gasm when Curtis punches her in the face and knocks her out.

I´m about to rewatch season 5 now. Let´s see if the great memories I have remain.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2009
    Before rewatch I highly enjoyed season 1 (opening five episodes = best ever), thought season 2 was even better, and felt season 3 was rather weak.

On rewatch I still again love season 1, but many of the afternoon episodes are so slow, season 2 is full of so many silly plotholes/characters doing weird things that I didn't enjoy it, and season 3 came across as the most thrilling and "realistic" season there was.

Season 4 was never particularly strong storywise, but I remember it having a lot of ludicrous plot twists that kept it fresh. Unfortunately now however they come across as stupid. The plot is also arguably the weakest of any season with a new terrorist attack almost every episode.

I eagerly await season 5....
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009
    "The new season of "24" has added yet another actor to its cast: Former "NewsRadio" star and "True Blood" vampire Stephen Root.

Root will appear in several episodes as a corrections officer who's searching for a missing parolee. How that fits into the larger story of the season is being kept under wraps, but we're guessing it's not just coincidental".

Source
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009 edited
    Marselus wrote

Root will appear in several episodes as a corrections officer who's searching for a missing parolee. How that fits into the larger story of the season is being kept under wraps, but we're guessing it's not just coincidental"

Funnily enough I think the parolee might just turn out to be a baddie...

As long as no mum/dad/teenage kid roles are cast we are almost safe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009
    I´m finishing season 5 (I´m on episode 17 so far) and, for the moment, it remains as the best season. Peter Weller is the best villain of the whole show and 5x13 is one of the best episodes ever, the one where the real time thing is more credible and better executed. There´s even a sequence where you hold your breath as Bauer does while trying to reach the computer! And the end of the episode, with Edgar´s fate, brilliant.

Besides, Gregory Itzin´s perfomrance of president Logan is fascinating. You never know if he is scared, if he is a total bastard, when he is taking decisions by his own or when is a puppet of a greater power. Can´t wait to finish the season for an overall judgement.

I didn´t remember Sean Callery´s Bond style score in one of the episodes. Not quite sure it fits the style he has created for the show (actually, it does not fit at all), but at least surprising and fun.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    I didn´t remember Sean Callery´s Bond style score in one of the episodes. Not quite sure it fits the style he has created for the show (actually, it does not fit at all), but at least surprising and fun.

I was going to say "well at least it's memorable unlike the rest of the score", but you clearly said you didn't remember it. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote

I was going to say "well at least it's memorable unlike the rest of the score", but you clearly said you didn't remember it. biggrin

- 24 Geek Mode On -
    Have you noticed that Sean Callery is particularly good / inspired whenever there´s a chopper in the show? Always, and I mean always a chopper is taking off / landing / doing stuff, Callery deliver´s a bold / epic tune.
    - 24 Geek Mode Off -
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009 edited
    Very true! Let's see...

1. After Teri and Kim are rescued
    2. When Jack is picked up from the desert
    3. When Jack and Chapelle take off heading to the train yard

Can't think of the other seasons yet...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    There are at least three chopper tunes in season four.
    Add three or four in season five.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009
    Just watched 5x20. Fringe´s Charlie is in the episode, playing the US Marshal on the plane Jack hijacks to retrieve the recording.

Oh, and quote of the season: "You have no idea what you are dealing with, you little ass kisser" (Buchanan to Miles Papazian *)

* I SO hated this guy the first time I watched season 5. I still do actually. Such a hateful guy crazy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I watched 4.15 last night, the first appearance of the legend that is Bill Buchanan. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Yes, my favourite character of the whole show, Jack Bauer aside. Season 5 is HIS season. Two more episodes and moving on to season 6.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Unlucky. But I suppose I've got season 6 coming...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Just finished season 5. The last episode is brilliant, specially the ending with Logan´s detention; just look at the faces of Gregory Itzin, Jean Smart and Jude Ciccolella while Logan is taken into custody by the Marshals. That sequence is worth the whole season.

I´ve later watched the episode with Itzin´s commentary on, and what a fun guy he is! He says plenty of interesting things of his character and the show, and nice to hear him praising Sean Callery´s score, specially about the cue played when he is being detained ("Ohh, the music....Mr. Sean Callery ladies and gentlemen!"). Love when actors appreciate the work of the composer.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And that episode contains the best Jack-speech ever:

"A year and a half ago I was warned my life was in danger. I was told the only way to survive was to create the illusion that I was dead. I had the deceive people I cared about. My daughter will never forgive me. Now that I see the depth of your corruption there is no doubt that source of danger was you. David Palmer was a great man and a great president, but he was also my friend. He tried to warn me about you and now he is dead. Other people tried to help me and they are dead. So Mr. Logan, I really have nothing left to lose."
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    And that episode contains the best Jack-speech ever:

"A year and a half ago I was warned my life was in danger. I was told the only way to survive was to create the illusion that I was dead. I had the deceive people I cared about. My daughter will never forgive me. Now that I see the depth of your corruption there is no doubt that source of danger was you. David Palmer was a great man and a great president, but he was also my friend. He tried to warn me about you and now he is dead. Other people tried to help me and they are dead. So Mr. Logan, I really have nothing left to lose."

punk

I am two episodes into season six. Frankly, I´m enjoying it as much as the first time. I like the fact that the story has already started before minute one, if you know what I mean. Fayed is a scary villain, Buchanan in top form and, god forbid me, I had forgotten how hot Nadia is.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Fayed is the best part of season 6, although unfortunately after about episode eight he does nothing for a ten episode streak and then gets killed. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Wow just watched episode four. What a finale, with the death of Curtis (how many friends has Jack killed for the greater good?) and the detonation of the nuclear bomb. Now that´s a cliffhanger.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I can't believe I was spoiled on those two twists before I saw the episode. crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2009 edited
    shocked

Was the responsible arrested, properly tortured and burnt at the stake?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I hope so. But it taught me to stay off the official 24 boards when episodes has knowingly leaked (granted, I was in the "spoiler free" section too). I still damn Fox for releasing that stupid "4 episode premiere" DVD.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2009 edited
    I stay off the boards (official or not) of the TV shows I´m currently watching. Too risky.

Hey, last week I purchased the CTU messenger bag you brought to Úbeda! Can´t wait to do my PI stuff carrying it punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Sweet, I've got two now as the first one is getting pretty worn. cool

I'd love some of the sunglasses and the watch as well, but they're about $400 each!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Actually the watch is $595!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009 edited
    Just watched 6x07, and what an intense episode! Jack torturing his brother, Morris abduction and Philip killing his own son. What I didn´t remember was Graham confessing he was the leader of the Palmer conspiracy. I like that, it gives the characters (and the audience) a sense of closure to season´s five plot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009 edited
    I´m about to finish season 6, and I have to agree it is a weak season, overall. Although some great episodes (6x07, the one when Jack is forced to kill Curtis, etc), the season gets really bad by the end of it: the Lisa Miller twist is totally unnecessary, the chinese twist is forced (as if they didn´t know how to reach episide 24) and one of the best villains of the whole show (Abu Fayed) ends up being a silly puppet of the russians.

One special mention though: the team Mike Doyle - Jack Bauer is simply awesome and the season features really good shootouts. Oh, and Sean Callery keeps his chopper stuff inspiration intact.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2009
    My CTU messenger bag was on the mail this morning. Finally! punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    There's a cool feature on the season 7 blu ray set with the Filmucite performance of the 24 score. It's got the main theme, Palmer's theme, The Bomb Detonates and Curtis' death music in a big 10 minute suite.

And not only that, it's really symphonic and even uses a choir. I know we always say the electronic sound of the show is exactly what it needs, but I think we're only saying that because it's how it's always been.

I really do wonder what Sean Callery could do with a whole orchestra every week as in the suite he really is having some fun!