• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    Ugh, casting info says they are looking for a toddler to play baby Teri. shame vomit

Crap. "Baby" and 24 should never be in the same sentence. I hated back in season three the Chloe´s baby thing, and it was only for some episodes.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2009
    And that is why 24 needs a new showrunner and Howard Gordon needs to die a slow and painful death.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2009
    Season 8 started shooting only a few hours ago... err, yay?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    Season 8 started shooting only a few hours ago... err, yay?

They are already shooting? shocked
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah, now just think how much time they've had to come up and write a good script. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Is season 8 the last one?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Last one so far. I think a lot of the crew want to stop, but Fox keep ordering more seasons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FOX: take not. Quite the crap, shut it down. Give more air-time to FAMILY GUY. Bliss

kthanxbai
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    "You're either dead or you're not dead. There's no such thing as "sorta dead". Here, let me show you. *Bang*

You've just been promoted. Congratulations"

Best line ever. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    "You're either dead or you're not dead. There's no such thing as "sorta dead". Here, let me show you. *Bang*

You've just been promoted. Congratulations"

Best line ever. cool

Ira Gaines!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Great rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Great rolleyes

Give him a chance Marcel, he might turn out to be good!? I remember groaning at seeing Luke Goss on hearing that he'd turned to acting ( Goss was in dreadful boy band Bros ) but he's been pretty good ever since and most recently seen as the Elf king in Hellboy 2.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009 edited
    Yes I know, he might be good, but I´ve never liked the guy and don´t want him to ruin what is supposed to be the last season of the show. I hope I have to eat my own words once the season has started though.

And Tim, you posting in the "24" thread?? This deserves a special celebration.

bhangra
    bhangra
    beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Great rolleyes

I've never seen him in anything. Does it really matter if you don't like him though? He's blatantly going to be a douche character.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009 edited
    Two new actors for season 8:

CTU New York Chief and Good Ol´Horace as Davros, a recurring role of an eueopean terrorist.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009
    Marselus wrote
    CTU New York Chief

*cough* David Palmer *cough*

Marselus wrote
    Good Ol´Horace as Davros, a recurring role of an eueopean terrorist.

Lost steals Michelle, and 24 steals Horace. Payback at its best. Although I miss his 70s hair. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    CTU New York Chief

*cough* David Palmer *cough*

Yeah at first sight it LOOKS LIKE David Palmer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009
    (Spoilers.)
    I just watched the season finale last night (watching the last eight episodes over two nights), and I must say it was pretty decent. It has indeed several minor plot and story issues, but the best seasons had those as well - just rewatch them and you'll see. It's part of 24. Overall Season 7 was pretty consistent again, actually quite exciting, and it got back the original excitement quite often. I also didn't mind the lack of a kick-ass action scene and more drama (besides the annoying president scenes in the finale).

So it's just too bad that they had to screw this up with one and a half large issues:

- Olivia's lousy subplot. Normally the 24 lousy subplots appear in the first third of the season; not so here, so that screwed things up somewhat.

- Tony's change of character. I can believe he wants to take revenge for Michelle, and he's always been a slightly darker version of Jack - and hence my favorite character, but his total neglect of human lives in the last few episodes is just unbelievable. That alone has made me not care for the last quarter of the season - no, let me rephrase - it numbed me for the last episodes. I've never had much trouble with the suspension of disbelief of the larger plot holes and plot developments, but this one was a couple of bridges too far.
    (Even more frustrating is how easily they could have avoided this; just let him destroy all the canisters at a certain point and then kidnap Jack - preferably with his approval. In that way they would have been able to work together, he would have gone another step to redeem himself, and he wouldn't have to tie a stupid bomb to Jack. And you could easily write in something in the last episode then where he would knock Jack unconscious, for instance, and then try to kill Wilson after all. In this way they could also have built more on the theme that he saved more lives than Jack, and that he also 'did what it took', only crossing the line further than Jack always does - thus in two ways undermining the standard 24 formula; that Jack's crossing of boundaries should be questioned indeed, and that he is not always right...)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009
    The problem with the writing now is it all feels clunky and forced. Back in the days of the first three seasons it all felt natural and the characters asked what the viewer was asking.

Now it's cliched crap like "Madame President, we believe an attach is imminent." "How imminent?" "Very."

I mean come on. Even a 5 year old could write better dialogue than that!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009
    Battlestar Galactica's Katee Sackhoff to join season eight of 24.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009 edited
    Aw noo...she's too...manly. slant

Do you think we can convert a few BSG watchers though? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    Aw noo...she's too...manly. slant

Do you think we can convert a few BSG watchers though? tongue

Maybe, I don´t know whether her character was a loved one by BSG´s fans? I have to watch this one after I finish Fringe btw.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009
    Season 8 is to start at 4pm. FINALLY! A late afternoon starting point! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009
    I want Jon Voight back!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009
    24 is the most addictive TV series of all time

The poll, by LOVEFiLM saw the­ Kiefer Sutherland-led drama 24, which has won six Emmys and two Golden Globes, grab number one spot with 19 per cent of the vote.

Lost came in second place, on 17 per cent, followed by Friends, which grasped a ten per cent share.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009
    Pf.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009
    German Jack sounds terrible. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009
    Sutherland´s voice is impossible to dub properly. That said, his spanish voice is great.