• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    A good theory posted on Facebook:

"My random theory is there is an antidote for the bioweapon that doesnt involve stem cells, i think this company that tony works for plan to release the gas and then sell the antidote that they have for big money, which i think links Olivia into it all, we know shes a nightmare but if I remember correctly when she first came onto the scene she was working in pharmaceuticals trying to broker deals for drugs etc, perhaps her link to this links her in with antidote, making her the mole."

While I don't necessarily like that, it is logical and would round the season off quite well.

Hmm....very likely actually. I like the sense of crescendo this last episodes are leading to. Only four to go!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2009
    Let's hope it doesn't involve Logan, Powers Boothe or I-would-do-her-but-then-I-would-kill-her chief of staff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2009
    I wouldn´t mind a Powers Boothe guest appearance to be honest. I always liked the character and the actor. But I doubt it, and maybe for the better. The same goes for Logan.

As for Olivia, I agree with you, I´d do her. But then I´d do her again.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2009 edited
    7.21 one of the weaker ones this season. slant

But next week looks good - [spoiler]Jack's finally gonna get Tony![/spoiler]
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009
    Yeah, a transition for the finale.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009 edited
    Marselus wrote

Sunday 11/23/08 24 REDEMPTION (Viewers: 12.13 million)
    Monday 1/12/09 24 7x03, 7x04 (Viewers: 12.49 million)
    Monday 1/19/09 24 7x05 (Viewers: 12.10 million)
    Monday 1/26/09 24 7x06 (Viewers: 12.37 million)
    Monday 2/02/09 24 7x07 (Viewers: 11.28 million)
    Monday 2/09/09 24 7x08 (Viewers: 10.50 million)
    Monday 2/16/09 24 7x09 (Viewers: 11.16 million)
    Monday 2/23/09 24 7x10 (Viewers: 11.61 million)
    Monday 3/02/09 24 7x11, 7x12 (Viewers: 11.63 million)
    Monday 3/09/09 24 7x13 (Viewers: 11.35 million)
    Monday 3/16/09 24 7x14 (Viewers: 11.34 million)
    Monday 3/23/09 24 7x15 (Viewers: 10.30 million)
    Monday 3/30/09 24 7x16 (Viewers: 11.21 million)
    Monday 4/06/09 24 7x17 (Viewers: 11.04 million)
    Monday 4/13/09 24 7x18 (Viewers: 10.83 million)
    Monday 4/20/09 24 7x19 (Viewers: 10.28 million)
    Monday 4/27/09 24 7x20 (Viewers: 10.56 million)

Monday 5/4/2009 24 7x21 (Viewers: 10.33 million)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2009
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marcel, have you considered putting something together like this for all the seasons?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I´d do it if I could find the ratings of seasons 1 to 6. But so far I haven´t been ablo to find the detailed ratings (not season averages).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009
    Marselus wrote
    Monday 5/4/09 24 7x21 (Viewers: 10.33 million)

Monday 5/11/09 24 7x22 Viewers: 10.03 million)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2009
    Another Kimnapping? rolleyes crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2009
    Hahaha, yes! I suspected the moment she reached the airport, but I couldn´t believe it! Hope it is worth it rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2009 edited
    Are you still watching this 24 thingy? I thought you gave up ages ago after all the disappointment!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2009
    Nah, ups and downs, like all the shows.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2009 edited
    Two episodes finale tonight!

24:00:00
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2009
    Season 7 Ratings:

Monday 5/4/09 24 7x21 (Viewers: 10.33 million)
    Monday 5/11/09 24 7x22 (Viewers: 10.03 million)

Monday 5/18/09 24 7x23 (Viewers: 8.79 million)
    24 7x24 (Viewers: 10.11 million)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2009 edited
    I think it's time I give up on this show. Howard Gordon has run it into the ground, and the season seven finale is worse than anything we thought was bad in season six. That's all I have left to say.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You should never started watching it anyway wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Mate, I'm with you now. As soon as season 5 is over, stop. This show is trash now.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2009
    I'm still bitter about how they messed up the finale. This season was meant to redeem 24 from the dreadful season 6, but even after showing potential in the first half they still managed to screw it up. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2009
    I´ll watch the season finale today or tomorrow. Let´s see if it is as bad as you say!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2009
    I´ve finally watched the finale. Honestly Anthony, I don´t see why you disliked it so much. Ok, it is probably the finale with less action in 24´s history (and the action in episode 23 is terrible: what the fuck was that "The A-Team" like car accident? confused). It is probably the finale with less presence of Jack Bauer. It is probably the finale with the worst cliffhanger (but actually, I don´t see the ending of the season as a finale but a prologue of the next one). But I like it, I like it because it is different to what we usually have had with 24.

It is curious, an action oriented show that ends with plenty of drama: the Taylors, the Bauers, Tony finally failing his masterplan and Renee Walker: that final shot of her closing the door, the way she looks at Wilson and the way Wilson looks at her (scared!) is really great.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2009 edited
    *shudders*

Taking Jack out of action for half the season was interesting at first but then destroyed the rest of it. I thought when he entered that taxi firm and Tony was after him they were going to have some awesome Fayed-inspired showdown, but no...

...Tony rigs explosives to Jack, but as soon as the FBI arrive and Renee comes over, she "know's this trigger mechanism" and disarms it in 5 seconds (literally).

Tony screaming "You killed my son!" was the CHEESIEST thing ever, and I'm sick to the teeth that they kept hawking back to season 5 to try and make it good.

They spent WAY too much time on Olivia's story, which was not only boring but had been shit from the start. As soon as the WH siege was over she should have been written out. The same goes for Aaron.

I didn't like how Chloe and Janice "got along" in the end. Three episodes ago when Jack yelled at her I was over the moon, but two minutes into the following episode he apologised and started talking normally again. Janice was an ASS.

Renee's last scene was confusing as I could never understand how her motives for doing stuff changed so quickly. No, Alan Wilson didn't kill Larry - Tony did - and we all saw it and they know it!

Kim...don't get me started with Kim. That Kimnapping and escape was almost as bad as the season 2 underground bunker guy. If airport police were that shit I'd never fly again! Not only that; after they're all dead, Kim goes chasing after the guy! WTF?! And as you mentioned the A-team car flip, the car sets ablaze and even after Renee comes to the rescue, they...casually stand by the burning car that could explode at any minute!?

Worst of all, that Gotar bloke appears at the hospital. WHAT THE F**K WAS THAT!?! I would happily watch all of season 6 over that scene again!

They had way too many plot points to finish up with in the finale, and they spent too much time on the wrong ones (Olivia) and not enough on the right (the last minute saving of Jack was so obvious and done badly).

I never want to see Tony again, I never want to see Janice again, I never want to see Kim, Olivia or Alan Wilson again. Fire Howard Gordon from the show because he's an arrogant prick and he damn well knows it. He can't write for his life, and the fact he thinks "the more people at threat from a weapon is better" clearly shows he's a douche.

Most importantly, they need to get rid of the entire writing staff and get new ones in. On the season 5 - yes, two seasons ago - DVD they clearly acknowledge they are out of ideas and joke about Kim getting kidnapped again, or another nuke...but then they write it into the story. Douches!!

I will see you in the Battlestar Galactica thread.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    ...Tony rigs explosives to Jack, but as soon as the FBI arrive and Renee comes over, she "know's this trigger mechanism" and disarms it in 5 seconds (literally).

Well that´s the typical situation with TV shows or movies: a character pulls an action in a few seconds that it would actually take hours. No big deal for me. The same way the Losties go through the island in a couple of sequences. But it was dispensable, I´ll give you that, as it didn´t create any tension.

Anthony wrote
    Tony screaming "You killed my son!" was the CHEESIEST thing ever, and I'm sick to the teeth that they kept hawking back to season 5 to try and make it good.

I think it is a way to justify Tony´s masterplan. After all, his life ended after season 5. Remember he´s spent years searching the guy that ruined his life, his wife´s and child´s).

Anthony wrote
    They spent WAY too much time on Olivia's story, which was not only boring but had been shit from the start. As soon as the WH siege was over she should have been written out. The same goes for Aaron.

Yes I agree; this was a subplot that would have made more sense in the middle of the season, not in the last episodes, even less in the finale. But it creates a big drama in the Taylors, which I liked.

Anthony wrote
    I didn't like how Chloe and Janice "got along" in the end. Three episodes ago when Jack yelled at her I was over the moon, but two minutes into the following episode he apologised and started talking normally again. Janice was an ASS.

Janice has been as ass since hour one. Also Chloe (since season 3), but Chloe is a more likeable ass.

Anthony wrote
    Renee's last scene was confusing as I could never understand how her motives for doing stuff changed so quickly. No, Alan Wilson didn't kill Larry - Tony did - and we all saw it and they know it!

Of course she knows. But she also knows thay have nothing to go after Wilson with. She also knows Wilson (along the other members of the conspiracy) is the ultimate responsible of the events of the last 24 hours. So, she thinks about the previous talk with Jack and the others they´ve had through the day (an aspect I´ve really liked this season) and makes her choice.

Anthony wrote
    Kim...don't get me started with Kim. That Kimnapping and escape was almost as bad as the season 2 underground bunker guy.

Totally agree. It was the laziest way of reintroducing Kim in the plot.

Anthony wrote
    I never want to see Tony again, I never want to see Janice again, I never want to see Kim, Olivia or Alan Wilson again.

I´d like to see Tony and alan Wilson again. I agree with you regarding the others though.

Anthony wrote
    Most importantly, they need to get rid of the entire writing staff and get new ones in.

I´ve always said that writting for 24 is not easy. I mean, the structure is always the same: thread - reaction - thread appears to be neutralized - new thread - new reaction - thread finally neutralized. As simple as that. So, it´s hard to introduce new characters or new elements to enrich the show as the rest of the shows do every new season.

Anthony wrote
    I will see you in the Battlestar Galactica thread.

Maybe, I´ll watch "Fringe" first and then, I may start with BG.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    If I was getting paid for it, I'd write a damn good season!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    If you do it, copyright it before you send it. Just in case.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2009
    Let's talk day 8 then, as after some new info I'm excited again!

- Returnees so far are Jack (duh), Renee, Chloe, Kim (fucks sake), and Taylor (I hope the first geezer comes back as well)
    - We'll be heading to the big apple!
    - CTU is back! I'm really looking forward to a third uber-frikkin' CTU set!
    - ...and this also means there will be a new head of CTU (hopefully not an asshat), and two new agents (one male, one female)
    - Ethan Kanin is getting replaced by this guy
    - The plot will be based around an assassination attempt on a foreign leader (hopefully no nukes or bioweapons in sight) who will be played by some guy from Slumdog Millionaire

Jai Ho! bhangra
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2009
    Also cool: the season 7 DVD has video of the performance of the score in Tenerife!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    Let's talk day 8 then, as after some new info I'm excited again!

You are pulling out plenty of Jordis lately spin dizzy wink

Anthony wrote
    - Returnees so far are Jack (duh), Renee, Chloe, Kim (fucks sake), and Taylor (I hope the first geezer comes back as well)

Kim again?! slant

Anthony wrote
    - We'll be heading to the big apple!

That´s really, really cool.

Anthony wrote
    - Ethan Kanin is getting replaced by this guy

Too young for the role IMO. And I like Bob Gunton.

Anthony wrote
    - The plot will be based around an assassination attempt on a foreign leader (hopefully no nukes or bioweapons in sight) who will be played by some guy from Slumdog Millionaire

Yeah, this guy.

Anthony wrote
    Jai Ho! bhangra

Indeed! bhangra
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2009
    Ugh, casting info says they are looking for a toddler to play baby Teri. shame vomit