• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008
    NP: Treasure Planet - James Newton Howard

Not his best but a very fine score by JNH! cool
  1. Southall wrote
    Scorpio - Jerry Fielding

Real music. Oh yeah.

If you remember James I missed an opportunity to get this release. wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THUNDERBALL - John Barry

The underwater music get's a bit tedious after a while but action tracks like 'Street Chase' and 'Underwater Mayem' are brilliant, '007' never sounded as good again, a real shame Barry didn't return to this arrangement.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008 edited
    NP : YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - John Barry

Yet another score that I've been playing a lot lately, just love the Japanese flavouring. More great themes and melodies in this one score than some composers have in they're whole careers!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: The Prince Of Egypt - Hans Zimmer

The chorals are just amazing! shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER - John Barry

I sure have the Bond / Barry bug today. I'm not playing the full scores though, just the unreleased bonus tracks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Dark Knight Hans Zimmer & JNH

I admit, I enjoy this album. I was a little skeptical at first, perhaps because I almost wanted it to be bad just to prove a point about the first one being so bad. But it's not, it's an improvement on the original score (not a hard thing to do, but they've done it well), and finally we have a more fleshed-out theme for Batman, most notably in 'Like A Dog Chasing Cars'. The first film needed something like that.

Scores like this have so much hype that it's hard not to be caught up in it, and I wonder if I will be still listening to it regularly in years to come? Only time will tell. For now, I'm really enjoying it.
  2. Timmer wrote

Yet another score that I've been playing a lot lately, just love the Japanese flavouring. More great themes and melodies in this one score than some composers have in they're whole careers!

I love this score - and it's my favourite Bond score from John Barry. For me it's the most emotionally-charged score that Barry produced for this franchise. I suppose that OHMSS could also be a contender for this position but cues such as "Death of Aki" clinch it for me.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

I love this score - and it's my favourite Bond score from John Barry. For me it's the most emotionally-charged score that Barry produced for this franchise. I suppose that OHMSS could also be a contender for this position but cues such as "Death of Aki" clinch it for me.

Yeah I'd agree on that though OHMSS is my all time fave Bond score from any composer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Yeah I'd agree on that though OHMSS is my all time fave Bond score from any composer.

I could have sworn you told me once that Goldeneye was your favourite score? I also remember you saying you didn't want anyone else to know because of the shame it would bring you. Yeah, I distinctly remember that.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

I could have sworn you told me once that Goldeneye was your favourite score? I also remember you saying you didn't want anyone else to know because of the shame it would bring you. Yeah, I distinctly remember that.

I told you that in the strictest confidence.

You're a bounder and a cad Steven Elfman slant cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The world needed to know, you need help.

...but don't tell anyone I admitted to liking The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, okay? I've a reputation to keep.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    YOU LIKE THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY!? DON'T WORRY, YOUR SECRET IS SAFE WITH ME!
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    NP: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Ennio Morricone

The Ecstasy of Gold is some of the best film music I've ever heard. The rest of the album is good too, but it really reaches its climax near the end.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008 edited
    NP: Wall•E - Thomas Newman

After having seen the film today (fantastic by the way), this score is now a much better listening experience. I read on Wikipedia that Andrew Stanton is now making another film with Pixar so I presume that Newman will be returning again, which is really exciting because he seems to have mastered the genre already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2008
    franz_conrad wrote
    Atham wrote
    NP: Moby Dick - Christopher Gordon

After have a close shave with a couple of Humpbacks in our friend's boat today this is the score I had to play once I got back. Brilliant music too!

I can say there's some probability that the composer in question may have read this post.

Really?!!! Wow!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christopher Gordon? You're awesome! punk

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote

This is my favourite Bond score. It has everything.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

This is my favourite Bond score. It has everything.

cool beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Panthera wrote
    NP: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Ennio Morricone

The Ecstasy of Gold is some of the best film music I've ever heard. The rest of the album is good too, but it really reaches its climax near the end.

As a singular piece of incidental film music 'Ecstasy Of Gold' is up there amongst the greatest pieces of film music ever written!
  3. Shakespeare In Love - Stephen Warbeck

I dismissed this score many years ago, so re-discovering it not long ago was a treat.
    I'm your Piper at the gates of dawn.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Christopher Gordon? You're awesome! punk

biggrin

Creep! tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: The Lion King - Hans Zimmer

Said 'nuff about it haven't I? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Pirates of The Caribbean 2 - Dead Man's Chest - Hans Zimmer

Guilty pleasure! punk
  4. TREASURE ISLAND - Paddy Moloney & The Chieftains

An amazing celtic score I will never forget...

Written for an amazing film (I can't believe it's just a TV film !) with young Christian Bale & Charlton Heston...
  5. DemonStar wrote
    NP: The Prince Of Egypt - Hans Zimmer

The chorals are just amazing! shocked

I hope you then also have his unreleased cues, like the chariot race and his stellar final rejected minutes when moses comes down with the 10 commandments?

Because there The Prince of the Egypt goes even further showing how this truly is Zimmer's best work
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorPat
    NP: Snow Falling On Cedars - James Newton Howard

I've had this CD for ages, and I had only listened to it once and vaguely. A shame. This is gorgeous ! I've been listening to many disappointing soundtracks lately, so needless to say Snow Falling On Cedars was a relief.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    I hope you then also have his unreleased cues, like the chariot race and his stellar final rejected minutes when moses comes down with the 10 commandments?

Yep! The score is very incomplete without those! biggrin

NP: Lord of The Rings - The Two Towers - Howard Shore

Amazing punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Finding Nemo - Thomas Newman

Despite the lack of proper use of the themes in some places, I like this one a lot.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : BEN-HUR - Miklos Rozsa

nuff said cool