• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010
    Get a grip, guys.

Nobody's really interested in anyone throwing a fit on any aspect of an expanded score.

We KNOW you don't like C&Cs, Thor. We KNOW you don't like Thor not liking C&Cs, Erik.
    Give it a rest.

It's just a damn CD.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010 edited
    Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Keep shoveling it, Thor. You know that the majority of people LOVE the ID4 score and you just couldn't wait to get your jab in. You love it, you thrive on it!

Listen, if I want your crappy psychotherapy, I'll ask for it, alright?

Ooooooooh.... touched a nerve. tongue

Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    I do think you have a point about the ignore list, though. On THAT particular point, I actually take pride in having alienated people who lack perspective and tolerance. Good riddance.

Oh Thor! So sad!

Certainly no more than being so dense that you're unable to acknowledge that people are different and like different things. To me, you've pretty much always been part of that crowd, Erik, even though you don't have me on ignore at FSM (I presume). Überdefensive fanboy behaviour at its worst. THAT, my friend, is sad!

My my my, we do get touchy don't we. It's amazing how you get so angry when people don't want to agree with YOUR opinion even if discussed in a mature and polite manner. There is a reason why so many have you on their ignore lists and maybe you should think about that for a few seconds. Maybe, just maybe, some of the fault lies with you and the way you present YOUR OWN self at FSM. I admit that I have fanboy tendencies in me... they come out now and then and have been pointed out to me here and elsewhere. I'm trying to be a better participant on this and other boards by simply ignoring the comments of those that grind my gears. And I learned to not give a shit about your ways of thinking but when you start posting stuff like "surprisingly, there hasn't been a single personal offense in response to it yet!" is shows me that you love trolling the FSM board looking for trouble! Actually, I tend to agree with some of the stuff you say about listening experiences and whatnot but I'm not a fan of your approach!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Now, now lads, behave.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Fuck off, Erik. Your "arrogant asshole" behaviour may work on others, but it doesn't work on me.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oi.

angry

GET A GRIP.

Walk away.
    Go get a coffee, or something.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    <locked for an hour for cooling off>
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Aaaaand we're back.

Erik, Thor, you are both great guys and great contributors, and I love reading both your posts.

This didn't need to escalate.
    Although I realize that it's hard in the heat of the moment, the advantage of a message board is that you can always take a step back and take a really good look at what it is people are reacting to.

There's no need for pushing buttons. There's no need for abusive behaviour.
    In FACT, there's not even a need to reply at all.

If we can't behave in a civilized fashion and discuss (perceived) differences in approach, taste or style that way, what's the point?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Yikes. I was wondering why the FSM forum didn't have any trouble with Thor's comment like usual. Cause Erik was too busy doing it here. shocked rolleyes

Anyway...
    I hope I'll have the signed copy version. I think I missed out on a signed version of Godzilla CC by, like, 5 minutes. crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I've sent Erik a reconciliatory PM and hope that we'll be able to talk at least more rationally in the future, even if we'll never be "the best of friends".
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Martijn, you chose wisely to not let it escalate further. Everyone's entitled to their opinions but everyone should respect everybody else' opinions too, however hard that may be.

About the release... BLOODY FANTASTIC !!!!! I couldn't believe what I was reading. Fourteen years in the making, and an exceptional piece of work by Mr. Arnold. The regular album was great but ever since I 'obtained' the bootleg I only listened to that, because the majority of the unreleased cues is just as great.

Needless to say, this will be immediately ordered when the day comes. I just hope we don't have to wait until the Fourth of July... wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Thor wrote
    I've sent Erik a reconciliatory PM and hope that we'll be able to talk at least more rationally in the future, even if we'll never be "the best of friends".

beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Thor wrote

Huzzah! Very cool of you to do that. cool
  3. I think it's about time ID4 got a complete release, this is excellent news. Keep up the brilliant work La-La Land punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote

I think we've worked it out.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    fireworks cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. cool

This went too far indeed.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

-Erik-

Aahh we all lose control at some point, it's only human. And it's human to work it out too. cool

Let's turn this topic into a happy one again!!!

For those who don't know it yet :

ID4 IS BEING RELEASED, IN LIKE COMPLETE FORM DUDE, SO LETS DRINK TO THAT !!!!

punk punk punk punk punk

fireworks fireworks beer bounce beer fireworks fireworks
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, you're kinda asking for it wink

Indeed. I actually DARE to have a different preference! Oh, the horror! OH, THE HUMANITY!

wink

It's not that, it's that you keep repeating the same argument in a childish forum that has proved so many times that can't handle you or your specific argument. I can't understand why you keep going on when you've been threatened and called hideous things in the past, all of which you showed to us, in the corresponding topics.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. Martijn wrote
    Aaaaand we're back.

I couldn't help but think of Little Britain's hypnotist, Kenny Craig: "and you're back in the room!

smile
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm glad it was worked out
    thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Me too! For once, off topic in a specific thread wasn't welcome...anyway...

DAVID ARNOLD'S ID4 IS GETTING THE FULL C&C TREATMENT 2 CD SET!

yay
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lp wrote
    Yikes. I was wondering why the FSM forum didn't have any trouble with Thor's comment like usual. Cause Erik was too busy doing it here. shocked rolleyes

Nice... all my fault huh? It's Ok to point out Erik's faults but once Erik does it with someone else... LOOK OUT!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Erik Woods wrote
    lp wrote

Nice... all my fault huh? It's Ok to point out Erik's faults but once Erik does it with someone else... LOOK OUT!

-Erik-

Nah, I'm pointing out that even the FSM forum doesn't even deal with Thor's comment (regarding C&C) anymore. I'm just disappointed that it's going on here. And honestly, you can be an inflammatory source as well (just like I've done so), and you didn't have to press onward when everyone was trying to stop you.

ANYWAY!!!!

Let's take joy in the news of this upcoming release! punk
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

-Erik-

excellent, good work guys beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lp wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    lp wrote

-Erik-

Nah, I'm pointing out that even the FSM forum doesn't even deal with Thor's comment (regarding C&C) anymore.

Well, not this time!

lp wrote
    I'm just disappointed that it's going on here. And honestly, you can be an inflammatory source as well (just like I've done so), and you didn't have to press onward when everyone was trying to stop you.

But this wasn't even a battle concerning the C&C issue... Anyway, I'm not going to get into this again you can read my comments above. I hope Thor and I have worked it out... not sure because I haven't received a message back from him concerning my last PM but I'm sure things will be fine... I hope.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    smile
  8. What worries me is that I seem to be on everyone's ignore list! Where's my blisteringly Pythonesque part in the duel of Scandinavian-named soundtrack afficianados? wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2010
    I'm glad that it is settled.
    Thomas
  9. franz_conrad wrote
    What worries me is that I seem to be on everyone's ignore list! Where's my blisteringly Pythonesque part in the duel of Scandinavian-named soundtrack afficianados? wink

you're not on my ignore list
    I just don't talk to you wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2010
    what is an ignore list? Am I on them?