• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2008 edited
    Did you hear about that thing, Star Wars: The Clone Wars?
    You mean the Clone Wars? That cool thing we were supposed to see in the prequels but didn´t?
    What are you smoking? How about that awesome action sequence at the end of Episode 2?
    Barely not enough. The whole prequels should have had that stuff!!!
    You mean like, six hours of Clone Wars battles? What about the story of Anakin Skywalker; don´t you want to know how he came to be Darth Vader?
    No, I don´t. I want to see wars between the stars, not a six year old winning a stupid desert race.
    I see... what about that big space fight at the end of Episode 1?
    Excuse me? You´re not seriously asking, are you?
    Okay then, how about the awesome space battle at the beginning of Episode 3?
    As I said, The whole prequels should have had stuff like that!!!
    I see, so you´re actually hyped about Star Wars: The Clone Wars?
    What are you talking about?
    A whole series just about the Clone Wars.
    Sounds cool, but, wasn´t there something animated?
    Yeah, a couple of years ago. Those short movies series.
    Yeah, I liked them. That´s what I wanted to see in the prequels.
    I see... well, they are doing it now.
    Meaning what?
    Meaning, they do a whole new series about the clone wars...
    You´re kidding!!!
    I´m not. It´s about the same thing they did in this animated stuff. Only... it´s not the same. It´s a fresh start. But it´s animated, too.
    What do you mean, it´s animated, too?
    Yeah, it is, but this time it´s CGI.
    Lame.
    Que?
    Why not life action?
    They are doing it, but later. Another series with... real people. But it will come later...
    About the clone wars? (excited?)
    Sigh... no, about the time between Episodes 3 and 4...
    You mean about the time where actually nothing happened besides little Luke building sand castles on Tatooine and Leia blowing up puppets on Alderaan?
    Well, if you want to put it that way, yeah...
    Sucks.
    Sigh. But there is this new series about the Clone Wars. It´s CGI, but it looks nice, and as if there would be lots of action...
    Is the score by John Williams?
    What?
    Is the score by John Williams?
    It´s a series, dude. I don´t think he has time to...
    What do you mean it´s not by Williams?!?
    It´s not. It´s by someone named Kiner.
    Then it´s not Star Wars!
    Well, the trailer says it is.
    No Williams, no Star Wars.
    Give the guy a break. I´d actually like to see something new, a new way to do things. After all, we all saw how well received the live-action, John Williams-scored prequel trilogy has been? Maybe doing it in a different style, with different mu-
    Then it´s not Star Wars!
    But it´s about the Clone Wars. Wasn´t that what you wanted?
    Yeah, but with Williams music after the great Fox fanfare, and with the Star Wars Main Title, and...
    It´s done by Warner this time, no Fox fanfare.
    NO FOX FANFARE?!? THEN IT´S NOT STAR WARS!!!
    You know what? I hope your Laserdisc player will work for the next forty or so years, so you can watch episodes 4 to 6 the way they were and you can be happy.
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN, it´s called STAR WARS, EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, and RETURN OF THE JEDI, no frakkin´ Episodes 4 to 6!!!
    Yeah, whatever...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2008
    rolleyes
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bit long-winded, Ralph!? biggrin

My personal opinion on this Clone Wars malarkey is I couldn't give a flying shit. sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    NO FOX FANFARE?!? THEN IT´S NOT STAR WARS!!!

Amen.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Did you hear about that thing, Star Wars: The Clone Wars?...

Somebody has a lot of time on their hands... rolleyes
  1. Not really. Five minutes was all it took me, since I´ve listened to this kind of debate and arguments more often than I´ve actually listened to any Star Wars score. And I´m bored to death reading through pages and pages written by people unwilling to give Kiner (or that series) a chance because these days everything with Star Wars on it HAS TO SUCK, doesn´t it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Not really. Five minutes was all it took me, since I´ve listened to this kind of debate and arguments more often than I´ve actually listened to any Star Wars score. And I´m bored to death reading through pages and pages written by people unwilling to give Kiner (or that series) a chance because these days everything with Star Wars on it HAS TO SUCK, doesn´t it?

I can't speak for everyone, but something like Clone Wars doesn't interest me in much the same way many other things don't interest me. I don't plan on watching it for exactly the same reasons I don't plan on watching High School Musical 3.

Still, I'll probably listen to the score thanks to the hubbub from this thread and the fact that I haven't really heard anything from Kiner yet (apart from watching SG-1).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    [a lot]

Word of friendly advice: you don't have to quote everything to let people know what you're referring to. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Steven wrote
    How about a rock approach to Amadeus? Just because it's a film about Mozart, doesn't mean you have to use music by the man himself. Oh, wait. tongue

That's a somewhat interesting idea, Steven... LOL biggrin tongue

It's been done before you know!? Not with Mozart but with Franz Liszt. The Ken Russell directed LISZTOMANIA starred Roger Daltry ( of THE WHO ) as Liszt with YES keyboard player Rick Wakeman "Rockin out" Liszt tunes......never seen it but it sounds dreadful. vomit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    [a lot]

Word of friendly advice: you don't have to quote everything to let people know what you're referring to. wink

Friendly advice taken; I will at once commence to shortening my post. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Ralph that was the best post in this thread :D
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    ... I couldn't give a flying shit. sleep

What about a walking one? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Scribe wrote
    Ralph that was the best post in this thread :D

Well, I don't know if I'd say it's the best, but at least maybe the longest. rolleyes biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2008
    Steven wrote

for exactly the same reasons I don't plan on watching High School Musical 3.

YOU WON'T?!? SERIOUSLY?!? shocked
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    I think some of you are giving this....movie, too much weight

Yeah, it's just crap...

I'm a HUGE SW fan... But Lucas making another "deformed" Clone Wars thing is just crap...

Damn...

With all what can do ILM, and with all the amazing stories about Star Wars, why the Clone Wars ? But it's not the worst => This film (like the aweful CW TV Series) is a complete Time Paradox in the Star Wars Universe...

vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008
    Got the The Clone Wars OST today. Really cool stuff, though it lacks in Williams' themes... rolleyes confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Got the The Clone Wars OST today. Really cool stuff, though it lacks in Williams' themes... rolleyes confused

Indeed. I'm listening to some preview tracks and while I don't feel it is anything like the previous Star Wars scores, I'm liking it a lot if I don't look at it as a part of the series IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    DemonStar wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

Indeed. I'm listening to some preview tracks and while I don't feel it is anything like the previous Star Wars scores, I'm liking it a lot if I don't look at it as a part of the series IMO.

Yep, it's good stuff, though it does feel largely out of place.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Within the next couple days, Bregt will be posting my review of The Clone Wars. smile
  3. TheTelmarine wrote
    Within the next couple days, Bregt will be posting my review of The Clone Wars. smile

may we present our newest little reviewer? wink

Ps, if you suck at it, you're otta here bud biggrin wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

I won't suck at it. Promise. Bregt thinks it's well-written, so ha! biggrin wink Besides, this will likely be the only review I ever write here... unless of course you ask me to write more, in which case I would be obliged. But anyways, thanks a lot for this opportunity! I am eternally grateful. bow
  4. TheTelmarine wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

I won't suck at it. Promise. Bregt thinks it's well-written, so ha! biggrin wink Besides, this will likely be the only review I ever write here... unless of course you ask me to write more, in which case I would be obliged. But anyways, thanks a lot for this opportunity! I am eternally grateful. bow

who knows buddy, anything's possible
    I know you won't suck at it, it will probably be the best well written review here rolleyes
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

who knows buddy, anything's possible
    I know you won't suck at it, it will probably be the best well written review here rolleyes

I know my Lost season 3 review was a one off because I promised Bregt I'd write it all in one afternoon. That will be until season 4 or something of equal uber-stature comes out. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote

I know my Lost season 3 review was a one off because I promised Bregt I'd write it all in one afternoon. That will be until season 4 or something of equal uber-stature comes out. wink

punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Well, about that... rolleyes wink
  5. This Clone Wars things was crap, and so was the computer look those chose to go with. Anyone ever stop to think that Kiner gave it exactly what it deserved?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2008
    justin boggan wrote
    This Clone Wars things was crap, and so was the computer look those chose to go with.

Dude, the whole thing was originally intended for TV, not the cinema. It's not Pixar, or anything close to it. But for a show running every Friday night, the animation is pretty good, IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam

Thanks again for the opportunity to do this, Bregt! I really appreciate it! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2008
    Nice review, William! wink beer