• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2008
    And what's up with the questionable (questionably atrocious?) techno beats for the battle scene?
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2008
    lp wrote
    Meh, they both rips from Kilar's Dracula score.

So that's what it's from... I still think it's really lame of Kiner.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2009
    Good catch though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Panthera wrote
    Good catch though.

Thanks! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    At least you've got me back to listening to Kilar's Dracula score again.
    Love that Vampire Hunter cue!
    Obviously so did Kiner!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2009
    Atham wrote
    At least you've got me back to listening to Kilar's Dracula score again.
    Love that Vampire Hunter cue!
    Obviously so did Kiner!

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2009
    lp wrote
    And what's up with the questionable (questionably atrocious?) techno beats for the battle scene?

No idea. It's terrible, though thankfully this is the only episode so far (IIRC) in which Kiner has resorted to such 'music.' And supposedly that particular episode was one of the first made, so it's possible that Kiner was simply ironing out how he wants the series to sound, as the newer episodes sound much better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2009 edited
    More proof that (at least a portion of) Kiner's repertoire of music for The Clone Wars is that of other composers, from the Dooku Captured discussion thread over in a Star Wars fan forum I frequent:

Xicer wrote
    Did anyone else notice the Indian music at the end during the banquet scene? [face_laugh] I'm not sure if it was just an inside joke or what. Being Pakistani I noticed the song immediately. What made it even worse was that it was a fairly well-known Indian song. I honestly couldn't keep a straight face during that entire scene.

This sickens me. vomit Especially the fact that the above-mentioned music is passed off in the documentary 'A New Score - Scoring Star Wars: The Clone Wars' (found on the TCW movie's bonus features) as being that of Kiner, played along with other snippets of Kiner's material as if it were his. I'm seriously losing all respect for the guy. I wonder if there's any way I could contact Lucasfilm or whoever is in charge of him... Someone should spill the beans, 'cause I honestly doubt Dave Filoni (the guy who's in charge) and co. know what's going on with the music. Anyone who's not a film music aficiando will likely let it all slip by without realizing, and Kiner doesn't deserve to be payed for stealing others' work. angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2009
    Interesting... I could probably recognise that song if I hear it. Will check wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    DemonStar wrote
    Interesting... I could probably recognise that song if I hear it. Will check wink

LOL OK, although the episode won't be online for a week or so. Unless of course you wished to purchase it tommorow morning from iTunes... But nah, you wouldn't wanna do that. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Maybe wait till it comes up on Youtube biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2009
    DemonStar wrote
    Maybe wait till it comes up on Youtube biggrin

Here is is. wink Though I'm not sure how long it'll be up before Lucasfilm takes it down... The song starts at 0:48.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2009
    Yup it's one of the modern Bollywood songs for sure, I've heard some of my friends play it. But since I'm no fan of this kind of music I dunno which movie it's from tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2009 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    Yup it's one of the modern Bollywood songs for sure, I've heard some of my friends play it. But since I'm no fan of this kind of music I dunno which movie it's from tongue

Wow. slant I wonder if there's any way to contact someone working above Kiner...
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2009
    Question: is it a rip or just licensed source music?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    William wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Wow. slant I wonder if there's any way to contact someone working above Kiner...

Why? To get him fired? wink

It's just a very common practise. Sad but true. Probably due to the pressure, time constraints ... and lack of skill of the composer. Just think of the 300 story with Bates ripping of Goldenthal. Never seen before, which lead Warner to excuse themselves towards Goldenthal.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    "lack of skill of the composer."

Say that again. Word.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    "lack of skill of the composer."

Say that again. Word.

Demetris, from where are you drawing the above quote? confused

EDIT: Never mind; I see. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2009
    lp wrote
    Question: is it a rip or just licensed source music?

I think it's a rip-off.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2009
    Bregt wrote
    William wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Why? To get him fired? wink

Well... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009
    LOL I can see it now: someone from Sony Classical is speaking to Kiner about what music will end up on the TV soundtrack, and Kiner bursts out, 'No, not that cue (fearing that the thousands of film music fans around the world will instantly recognize it to be the work of another)! I just think this one here (points to another section of music) is more important musically.' tongue And then we get a soundtrack with like five minutes of music, 'cause that's all the original music he's written for the series! dizzy
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2009
    Has anybody heard if there will be a soundtrack release for his Clone Wars TV show? Obviously he isn't John Williams, but I still enjoyed his score for Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    The film score indeed had enjoyable moments although it failed as a Star Wars score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Panthera wrote
    Has anybody heard if there will be a soundtrack release for his Clone Wars TV show? Obviously he isn't John Williams, but I still enjoyed his score for Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

I've heard that there will be a release. Right from Kiner's own mouth. Only time will tell though when this will be.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    DemonStar wrote
    The film score indeed had enjoyable moments although it failed as a Star Wars score.

I suppose. Some of the battle music was rather cool though. He's doing a fairly good job giving each planet a different musical identity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2009 edited
    More Kiner TCW rip-offs. This time from The Dark Knight. the second season of The Clone Wars has just begun, and already in the third episode there have been two examples of plagiarism in the score. These were actually not even noticed by me, but by a member of a Star Wars fan forum. Compare 0:46 in this video to the opening of I'm Not a Hero, as well as 2:58-3:08 to 7:47 in Why So Serious? It would seem Kiner didn't even take the time to throw it into another key; virtually everything is the same. This is getting annoying that he can get away with this while there are score fans out there who are not fooled by his tricks. Note that I cannot guarantee how long the video will remain up before it is taken down.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2009
    Hehehe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Am I right or am I right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You are. I always thought he was one of the rip-offs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Yep. He is. slant I wish he would get called out on this by Lucasfilm...