• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010
    Strange. None of my friends - neither male nor female - have posted anything like that.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Mine, female ones, all have.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And still are as we speak. Some of them go as far as color variations "sapphire blue" and crap like that vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Facebook is really great for some things; but A LOT of things are crap.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010 edited
    Great for what? Looking at chicks' half-naked photos? Don't look at me, it's THEM who post them!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Well I was talking more of meeting again with friends you haven´t seen for ages for example. We had a dinner with school friends a couple of months ago. Some of us hadn´t seen each other for 18 years! And it was all organized through facebook.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I know. We had one too this christmas, with fellow students from the high school years. But nothing beats the one usage that i spoke about wink Ask Jordi and mention this name: Gabriella.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    I know. We had one too this christmas, with fellow students from the high school years. But nothing beats the one usage that i spoke about wink Ask Jordi and mention this name: Gabriella.

Yes i know, I´ve looked, totally by accident, photos of girls that I didn´t even remotely know (which is weird if you think about it) plenty of times. Does n´t people know you can edit your privacy status?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Do these girls care? That's the question you have to ask yourself. Most of them, esp. those obviously looking to get jiggy wid it, even let them open for everyone in purpose.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Doubt it, D.
    Experience teaches us that it's FAR more a matter of disinterest, not reading properly and an attention deficit (in short: sloppiness) rather than intent.
    Occam's Razor and all that.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, if a chick uploads dozens of sexy photos with bikinis, shorts, half-naked and stuff, under sexy poses and all and leaves it open for anyone to see, wouldn't you say she's doing it in purpose? Especially if the photos are full of compliments-up-to-rude-sexism by random males to which she replies with "thanks" and lots of smiles?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I don't seem to have any Facebook friends like that... sad

*sigh*
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's a Greek thing then wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I don't think there's going to be an excess of bikinis, shorts, and half-naked pictures uploaded on British profiles at the moment.

Scarfs are sexy though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    I don't think there's going to be an excess of bikinis, shorts, and half-naked pictures uploaded on British profiles at the moment.

I can send some of my own to you in private, if you wish?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven's already wetting himself at the thought.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...and D's hands are oiled and ready.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, if a chick uploads dozens of sexy photos with bikinis, shorts, half-naked and stuff, under sexy poses and all and leaves it open for anyone to see, wouldn't you say she's doing it in purpose? Especially if the photos are full of compliments-up-to-rude-sexism by random males to which she replies with "thanks" and lots of smiles?

Many young girls are insecure, in need of attention and appreciation and focussed on pleasing other people.

Unfortunately on the internet many things are saved. They will probably be ashamed and full of regret in a couple of years...

And much younger girls, say 10-13, think that sexy is cool but do not fully realise yet what sexy actually means. They have no idea of the impact on others and of what they suggest with their photos.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Steven's already wetting himself at the thought.

Timmer wrote
    ...and D's hands are oiled and ready.

applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregje wrote
    And much younger girls, say 10-13, think that sexy is cool but do not fully realise yet what sexy actually means. They have no idea of the impact on others and of what they suggest with their photos.

Indeed. I´ve already warned my 15 yo cousin to be careful about the photos / videos she uploads on facebook and to check her privacy configuration. You never know who might watch those pictures and personal info.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The most disturbing aspect here is that young people's impetuous behaviour for the first time in history actively gets distributed well into eternity. These things can (and will) come back to haunt you decades into the future.

What this means for us as a society should make someone an interesting sociology thesis.
    In ten years time, when job applicants are googled, nude, provocative, sexy or embarassing pictures could well be the norm. I guess a LOT of money could be made by someone making it his business to erase past cybertransgressions.

Hmmmm...I think I just had an idea for a business model...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    Hmmmm...I think I just had an idea for a business model...

I think that already exists. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ..and it's called?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregje wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Many young girls are insecure, in need of attention and appreciation and focussed on pleasing other people.

Unfortunately on the internet many things are saved. They will probably be ashamed and full of regret in a couple of years...

I agree with all you just said dear Bregje.

What i am talking about though, is fully self-conscious 20-30 year olds.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Christodoulides wrote
    ..and it's called?

I don't know anymore but it was in the paper recently.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010
    I saw this today, made me laugh!

"URGENT! FACEBOOK VIRUS ALERT. An email recently went out to women asking them to post the color of their bra. THIS IS A VIRUS. To fix it, you must remove your bra, then go to Settings>Enable Webcam>Record Movie. Please repost to your status"
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2010
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2010
    I love it when people go all cheesy in their facebook statuses, which is 90% of the times really. Here's a winner of cheese, for today:

" For today, a very lyrical thought from Joseph Campbell: "Love is friendship set to music..."

Let me get ma buckit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bring one for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You should reply with:

"In that case, this is how much I love you."