• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2008
    I still have some insecurity in me, so when it's silent I'm afraid others think I'm boring, even though they are silent as well. But I do not notice their silence, only my own.
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2008 edited
    I see my little brother. Instead of going out with his friends they shoot each other in GTA IV deathmatch, playstation 3. Don't know what you're saying but things seem pretty different compared to what i did when i was his age (14), and despite the fact that i had tv, pc and all. Oh and he listens to 50 cent. Go figure.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    DemonStar wroteJust because they don't like an area of music doesn't mean it's crap!!

Are we any different though? Imagine if you bought an album, expecting it to be score, but it's filled with rap music or heavy metal. How would your review go?

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    My review would start with "I have been an idiot. I did not pay attention to what I actually purchased."

After that obviously I'd criticize the rap songs to atomic smithereens.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Martijn wrote
    My review would start with "I have been an idiot. I did not pay attention to what I actually purchased."

My thoughts exactly!! biggrin

I'd definitely express my opinion that I don't like it, but won't put it like it's something just not worth listening, people who get it are idiots etc. I know the review clips posted here don't exactly say that, but some are close IMO and I've read many saying that, which annoy me greatly. Just my opinion. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    DemonStar wrote
    Just because they don't like an area of music doesn't mean it's crap!!

I couldn't have said it better, myself! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    plindboe wrote
    DemonStar wroteJust because they don't like an area of music doesn't mean it's crap!!

Are we any different though? Imagine if you bought an album, expecting it to be score, but it's filled with rap music or heavy metal. How would your review go?

Peter smile

Wow, I wasn't expecting that, but you do bring up a very good point. Perhaps we sometimes judge their music just as they judge ours... But the fact remains, that most of the people who go to look at and buy movie OSTs in the first place have seen the movie, or at least are going to. These people have heard the ENTIRE SCORE in context with the visual element and dialogue, yet go to review sites and programs like iTunes to tear apart the OST. Why? Because it doesn't have that random pop song or rap song that someone randomly sings at a random point in the movie. Hello?! What about that great score that you just heard on the film itself? The music that took hours and hours to compose, for many different instruments? What about that? Then they say, 'That's just random background music that no one listens to." It sickens me... vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    TheTelmarine wrote
    plindboe wrote

Peter smile

Wow, I wasn't expecting that, but you do bring up a very good point. Perhaps we sometimes judge their music just as they judge ours... But the fact remains, that most of the people who go to look at and buy movie OSTs in the first place have seen the movie, or at least are going to. These people have heard the ENTIRE SCORE in context with the visual element and dialogue, yet go to review sites and programs like iTunes to tear apart the OST. Why? Because it doesn't have that random pop song or rap song that someone randomly sings at a random point in the movie. Hello?! What about that great score that you just heard on the film itself? The music that took hours and hours to compose, for many different instruments? What about that? Then they say, 'That's just random background music that no one listens to." It sickens me... vomit

If I may interject here and shed some perspective on the matter, I think you are (quite rightly) venting your frustration to certain people's ignorance and single-mindedness.
    A similar level of frustration can be born from a situation when an evolutionist biologist, someone grounded in fact, tries to explain to a creationist (I'm assuming that you accept creationism over evolution?) how complex organisms come into existence. It's very much a similar situation in terms of ignorance and knowledge.
    It's all a matter of perspective.

(I only state this in a vain hope that it might shed new light on different situations you encounter. smile)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bregt wrote
    I have no problems wit silences. Even when in a group, and there's a sudden silence, I will seldom panic and try to force a conversation.

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    TheTelmarine wrote
    plindboe wrote

Peter smile

It's understandable that you react that way, but I suggest a live and let live attitude. People are ignorant and arrogant, but just smile about it. We can all behave like that sometimes. If I step within 500 feet of someone playing rap music, I'll be quick to exclaim that it isn't music, and it's just a bunch of angry idiots talking while a loud monotonous beat is playing.

Am I ignorant and arrogant too? Yes. When it comes to rap music I know nothing, but I have a strong opinion about it anyway. We all like to exclaim our very subjective and prejudiced opinions as if they are objective fact from time to time (some do it more than others). This behaviour is part of human nature, and it's important to realize that fact, and just laugh about it, otherwise it might depress you in the long run.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Come to think of it, a lot of the reviews on Filmtracks come to mind here. They think William's writing on The Lost World is "lazy" and that Hancock is a rip off of "The Incredibles". rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2008
    plindboe wrote
    This behaviour is part of human nature, and it's important to realize that fact, and just laugh about it, otherwise it might depress you in the long run.

I agree 100%!! I have learnt to do that in real life by practical experiences, even more than those related to music. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2008 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    plindboe wrote
    This behaviour is part of human nature, and it's important to realize that fact, and just laugh about it, otherwise it might depress you in the long run.

I agree 100%!! I have learnt to do that in real life by practical experiences, even more than those related to music. wink

Indeed, people are REALLY weird. They say weird things, they do weird things, and on many, many occasions they screw you around!

Hey, I just defined the female species! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote
    on many, many occasions they screw you around!

You wish.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    plindboe wrote

Indeed, people are REALLY weird. They say weird things, they do weird things, and on many, many occasions they screw you around!

You'll be eaten, chewed and spat out numerous times before you come anywhere near close bucko rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    plindboe wrote

Ha! lol
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    My above post includes you too William tongue wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Review of Temple Of Doom, pulled from Amazon:

"I listened to this soundtrack with high hopes, after hearing "The Last Crusade", but, to be honest, this one is awful. The "Temple of Doom" music is dreadful and just sounds, well, evil. I don't like to listen to it. The mine cart music was so bland, I kept waiting for it to start, but it never did. "Anything Goes"-This one may be a classic and all, but I was never a fan of sung music and I find it impossible to listen to. Oh well. At least the listening to the soundtrack is better than watching the movie!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

I love it.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Wow, and this one for Star Wars is even better:

"This Soundtrack has some good songs in it. But, they play the charachters themes hundreds of times. It gets to be a bore. It's not worth the money. Unless your a star wars collector.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote
    Wow, and this one for Star Wars is even better:

"This Soundtrack has some good songs in it. But, they play the charachters themes hundreds of times. It gets to be a bore. It's not worth the money. Unless your a star wars collector.

Oh my gosh, that's a good one! That guy needs to learn what a motif is. LOL biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    And indeed a song.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2008
    Steven wrote
    And indeed a song.

I guess that's correct, as well. wink beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Martijn wrote
    I seriously spent hours perusing the comments on this marvellous item.
    Most entertaining couple of hours I've spent in a looooong time.

Hehe, that is indeed hilarious!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looking_fo … 6_the_Best

Peter biggrin

NP: "Hot Shot City" punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    We have a page on Wikipedia dedicated to people ripping it out of review? SCHWEET! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    How about this thread over at Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/tag/soundtrack/fo … LRAPT1T2PV

sleep

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    We have a page on Wikipedia dedicated to people ripping it out of review? SCHWEET! biggrin

But it's quite genius!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    moviescore wrote

sleep

mc

"Most SCORES just sound like the same-old-same-old, generic, elevator music to me."

This guy doesn't have a clue. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote
    moviescore wrote

sleep

mc

"Most SCORES just sound like the same-old-same-old, generic, elevator music to me."

This guy doesn't have a clue. biggrin

Ha! I agree; this guy doesn't even know the correct definition of the word "soundtrack!" rolleyes biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2008 edited
    From the few that I've bothered to glance at, it seems the problem with those customer reviews is they tend to attract a lot of people who either write a blindly positive review or a blindly negative one, both of which are founded on pure ignorance of the subject matter. And then of course it's the internet, and we all know that 99% of the time the internet attracts fuckwits.

People are stupid. Period. dizzy

To go against the philosophy of the thread title there.