• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2008
    Seriously, do you EVER make your decision to buy an item based on an AMAZON review? tongue The entire concept is flawed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2008
    For things like films and music, I think you're absolutely right. Perhaps for items that aren't so subjective, like toys, electronics, home and garden equipment etc., then customer reviews start to make a little more sense at least.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2008
    Sex toys' reviews can be highly subjective.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

Why? Have you subjected them to rigorous testing D ? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not on me :shutting up, not saying anything more now:
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Why? Have you subjected them to rigorous testing D ? wink

rolleyes biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You used the Rampant Rabbit didn't you!? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Since he's Greek, I think it may rather have been the Titan Goliath (now also in strawberry and stainless steel; batteries not included. Some assembly required. Do not point at people.)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2008
    Steven wrote
    You used the Rampant Rabbit didn't you!? shocked

aka The Trojan Rabbit wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    lol

See, now THAT was FUNNY!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It was indeed. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2008 edited
    Here are some good ones, all on the Iron Man soundtrack:

iTunes user cksnap234, on Iron Man:

"WHAT IS THIS?! this is like listening to songs from 1952..... don't buy this."

iTunes user Ihavegoodadvice, on Iron Man:

"... And why are they making a soundtrack for the themes??? That is soo stupid. Who would acctually buy one of these "songs" It's just freaking background music people.. Geez."

iTunes user SP the ghost, on Iron Man:

"No Ghostface ! This Soundtrack is horrible"

rolleyes biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Well the third one got it right! biggrin (Though I imagine for the wrong reasons.)

Gotta love the irony of that second user's name!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    Well the third one got it right! biggrin (Though I imagine for the wrong reasons.)

LOL biggrin Well, as I haven't yet heard that score, I wouldn't know... But based solely upon the preview samples, I doubt it's anything special.

Steven wrote

Yeah, I know. I found that quite funny, myself. tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2008
    TheTelmarine wrote
    iTunes user Ihavegoodadvice, on Iron Man:

"... And why are they making a soundtrack for the themes??? That is soo stupid. Who would acctually buy one of these "songs" It's just freaking background music people.. Geez."

vomit

I know that score's isn't so great, but this is ridiculous. I am now kinda used to these ignorant comments so I'm finding I don't care much. wink biggrin

Steven wrote

Yeah!! LOL biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2008
    Well, for the wrong reasons for sure, but i don't blame them for the IRON MAN comments wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2008
    For Lost season 3:

"Season 3 soundtrack is not as good as the first seasons. Most of the songs are variations of the songs from the first two seasons. Not much new. There are a lot of songs under a minute long. Many of the songs sound the same as other songs on the album with a slight variation.

What's worse, is the quality is TERRIBLE! In several of the songs, you can hear a lot of background noise which sounds like the orchestra people breathing or adjusting themselves in their chairs. Listen to samples of "Pagoda Of Shame", "Weapon of Mass Distraction", and especially "Flying High". Turn the volume up and you'll hear what I'm talking about."

If anything, recordings where you can hear the performers moving around or turning over the page of music is great. It feels more real. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Yes, and one thing that still gets on my nerves: people that say SONG instead of sore tracks / themes. It really pisses me off! crazy
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2008 edited
    I cringe whenever someone refers to cues as "songs", it's like nails scraping across a black board.

edit: I'm not alone! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    I cringe whenever someone refers to cues as "songs", it's like nails scraping across a back board.

I´ve beaten you for one second! tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Yes, and one thing that still gets on my nerves: people that say SONG instead of sore tracks / themes. It really pisses me off! crazy

TEll me about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    It really is annoying. In that radio/podcast interview thing with James Newton Howard you may remember was posted a few months ago, James had to politely correct the interviewer when he used the word 'song' while referring to one particular composition. Seems it gets on composers' tits as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    LSH wrote
    It really is annoying. In that radio/podcast interview thing with James Newton Howard you may remember was posted a few months ago, James had to politely correct the interviewer when he used the word 'song' while referring to one particular composition. Seems it gets on composers' tits as well.

Kudos to Newton Howard!
    By the way Lee, do you have the link to that podcast?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    http://podcast.com/show/32910/

It's in the top right hand corner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I listened to the podcast with JNH and Zimmer, but where's the one where JNH corrects the interviewer? All there is at the top right hand corner is a "Click play for a message on how to use this site"? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    LSH wrote
    Try This.

Nice. I found the part you were talking about, when JNH corrects the guy. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Cheers Lee.

JNH has fine taste in film music! He mentions his admiration for John Williams, calling him probably the best film composer, and how he loves Goldsmith and his action writing. He mentioned liking Giacchino's Ratatouille score too.

Listen and learn Rosenman if you happen to be listening from beyond the grave. rolleyes biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Liking Ratatouille....that's why i love this man (apart his excellent music wink ) punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2008
    LSH wrote
    Try This.

Thanks! beer