• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2008
    Steven wrote
    edit: I'm not alone! biggrin

Nope, you're not, it gets on my nerves too! Along with referring to film music as "background score" or simply "background music". tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2008 edited
    LSH wrote
    It really is annoying. In that radio/podcast interview thing with James Newton Howard you may remember was posted a few months ago, James had to politely correct the interviewer when he used the word 'song' while referring to one particular composition. Seems it gets on composers' tits as well.

"May I correct you in the most respectful way, because I am a huge admiror of your work?"
    biggrin
    Well said James! He could not have been more polite but sincere at the same time.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Marselus wrote
    LSH wrote
    It really is annoying. In that radio/podcast interview thing with James Newton Howard you may remember was posted a few months ago, James had to politely correct the interviewer when he used the word 'song' while referring to one particular composition. Seems it gets on composers' tits as well.

"May I correct you in the most respectful way, because I am a huge admiror of your work?"
    biggrin
    Well said James! He could not have been more polite but sincere at the same time.

Yep!! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Can we please have the most heinous and painful punishments for any board member who dares to call any piece of instrumental score a "song"!?

I personally recommend "pressing". A large piece of wood is placed on the vile toe rag and then rocks are gradually added onto the wood until the perpetrater slowly has his/her life squeezed out of them in the most agonising way. In fact, this should be considered a service of mercy as nobody should be inflicted with a malady like this, a malfunction in the brain that insists score is song.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    I personally recommend "pressing". A large piece of wood is placed on the vile toe rag and then rocks are gradually added onto the wood until the perpetrater slowly has his/her life squeezed out of them in the most agonising way. In fact, this should be considered a service of mercy as nobody should be inflicted with a malady like this, a malfunction in the brain that insists score is song.

Hey, this punishment looks like fun! Let´s do it!
    I don´t remember anybody calling a piece of instrumental score "song" in this board though.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

Hey, this punishment looks like fun! Let´s do it!
    I don´t remember anybody calling a piece of instrumental score "song" in this board though.

With a threat like this hanging over them it probably won't happen either!devil wink

I have seen the term used infrequently on other boards though.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008 edited
    I understand that it can be quite frustrating to read these reviews from people that aren't as "enlightened" as us; we who are blessed with the insight into the true virtues of film music. But it's really not something to get worked up about. Any niche interest like ours will be misunderstood, looked down upon, ignored by the "common heap", so to speak. And in a way, I think that's what ATTRACTS a lot of people to it as well. The exclusiveness of it, being part of something special that isn't mainstream. Personally, I just find them humourous and entertaining.

By the way, my favourite Amazon review is this one of BLACK LAGOON. It's written by a South Korean guy with limited English skills, so it almost reads like some kind of absurd poetry:

hey! your! let"s go to movies this weekend.^^ (blue lagoon) i am very happy to see this. and i'm feels happy to have many musics... i went to the bank to get blue lagood CD... It looked as if it made out of precious jewels. There is nothing more important than that. q:Do you know where blue lagoon is? i know ...

you...-->Close your eyes and imagine a beauti-ful summer day.The sun is shining, there is a warm breeze, and you are free. can you tell me why you like it? if you know... -> fifa21@lycos.co.kr mail send.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008
    Thor wrote
    I think that's what ATTRACTS a lot of people to it as well. The exclusiveness of it, being part of something special that isn't mainstream.

Couldn´t agree more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008
    Thor wrote
    I understand that it can be quite frustrating to read these reviews from people that aren't as "enlightened" as us; we who are blessed with the insight into the true virtues of film music. But it's really not something to get worked up about. Any niche interest like ours will be misunderstood, looked down upon, ignored by the "common heap", so to speak. And in a way, I think that's what ATTRACTS a lot of people to it as well. The exclusiveness of it, being part of something special that isn't mainstream. Personally, I just find them humourous and entertaining.

By the way, my favourite Amazon review is this one of BLACK LAGOON. It's written by a South Korean guy with limited English skills, so it almost reads like some kind of absurd poetry:

hey! your! let"s go to movies this weekend.^^ (blue lagoon) i am very happy to see this. and i'm feels happy to have many musics... i went to the bank to get blue lagood CD... It looked as if it made out of precious jewels. There is nothing more important than that. q:Do you know where blue lagoon is? i know ...

you...-->Close your eyes and imagine a beauti-ful summer day.The sun is shining, there is a warm breeze, and you are free. can you tell me why you like it? if you know... -> fifa21@lycos.co.kr mail send.

That's what you get when you smoke junk and go post online.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. No, that's very similar to how Japanese write English on some kind of ads or something. This is so much like Engrish biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008
    If I don't have anything nice to say there is very little to say about this site other than its here.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008
    It just screwed up again!
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008
    Is it me, or this this a really bad review. I'm not referring to their thoughts on the score, that's opinion, but how they just go totally off topic in the second paragraph when trying to describe why a cue is "funny". rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Is it me, or this this a really bad review. I'm not referring to their thoughts on the score, that's opinion, but how they just go totally off topic in the second paragraph when trying to describe why a cue is "funny". rolleyes

It's not just you. vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That site should be renamed to movietrack.net
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    That site should be renamed to movietrack.net

You mean movietrackwithadverts.net wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Make that: "advertswithsomemovietrackfromtimetotime.net"
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote

advertswithsomemovietrackfromtimetotimemainlywithmoviereviewsbutnotmanysoundtracksanymore.net
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    But but ... remember what the topic title says.

wink
    Kazoo
  2. Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

advertswithsomemovietrackfromtimetotimemainlywithmoviereviewsbutnotmanysoundtracksanymore.net

lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin biggrin spot-on shame
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    But we're making an example!! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_khgAzMido

- He didn't write The Circle of Life.

- he wrote the music dumbass, Tim Rice wrote the lyrics

- Your stupid. There was an article written a while back that showed the real guy who wrote the song. He was a homeless AFRICAN man, who was paid only 50$ to write the song. Elton John did write can you feel the love tonight though. Don't believe everything the public wants you to believe. dumbass

haha. Why those kids claim things that have no basis in fact soooo confidently? rolleyes
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2008
    iTunes user Smallfro, on The Best of Andrew Lloyd Webber (performed by the Orlando Pops Orchestra):

"I think it is cool that they turned braodway songs into pop. The singers are good!"

I know this isn't a film score one, but I just had to post it here. LOL The guy obviously doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, as 1. the singers really aren't that great and 2. just because it's performed by a pops orchestra doesn't mean the music suddenly has a pop sound! rolleyes biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2008
    from BOLT iTunes reviews

not many songs. just mostly orchestra ones. was hoping for miley songs.

The reason why Mickey Record is so stupid is because he read this kind of reviews too much...
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Those kind of comments are so common at non score-related sites that I simply ignore those. But sadly they show how small the ratio of film music fans compared to mainstream (pop, rock etc) fans is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Who wrote it? Kill him / her. Really, tell him / her to do the world a favour via lack of their existence.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    D., I'm getting the distinct impression you're not at peace with the world these days. wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Who wrote it? Kill him / her. Really, tell him / her to do the world a favour via lack of their existence.

biggrin

Actually I´ve always liked to be part of the minority who love film music. That makes it more magical and interesting. Let the others stick with the studio, soul-less, McDonalds made music.