• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. justin boggan wrote
    "Die Konferenz der Tiere" (overseas animated film)
    David Newman
    Source: non provided, but he is. Maybe I'll have more on that later.

well, this could be good, no?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. "Due Date"
    Christophe Beck
    Source: none provided, but he is (unless it has been replaced)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2010
    When is Outland (Deluxe) going to be released?
    Next week?
    I'll order it with Star Trek 3 if that's the case.
  3. Wrong thread. You want "Upcoming CDs". :-)

As I recall -- I might be recallign wrong, Lukas or SAE posted on the FSM messege board that one of them had gotten pushed back a tiny bit; I think it was "Outland", but it should be the next time.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2010
    Whoops! And ....thanks! smile
  4. "Black Tulip"
    Christopher Young
    Source: none provided, but he is.

And unless thignschanged at the last moment, he recorded his score for "Priest" a couple weeks ago. The film has been pushed back and it now early 2011. Not a good sign for the film, or Young -- editing and re-shooting may push him out, if they occur.

"Legendary"
    Jim Johnston

"Blitz"
    Ilan Eshkeri
    Source for both: orchestra who performed them.
  5. "Undercovers" (Pilot; recorded)
    Michael giacchino (no idea if he'll score/has scored other episodes.
    Source: None provided, but he did.
  6. "The Chameleon" (replacing a score by Bruno Coulais, unless Cardoni is doing a score for the U.S. release)
    "Open Season 3" (possibly replacing a score -- checking)
    "Peep World" (replacing a score by Nathan Barr)
    "Secrets In The Walls" (recorded)
    "A Good Funeral"[/b]
    Jeff Cardoni
    Source: his official website.

"Mother's Day" (replacing Nathan Barr)
    Bobby Johnston
    Source: none provided, but it's recorded.
  7. Burwell on "True Grit":

"We don’t always see eye to eye".
    Burwell noted when discussing his 14th collaboration with Joel and Ethan Coen. But when it came to the conception of the True Grit score “We both had the same idea at the same time: Protestant hymns".
    The composer went on to explain that the lead character, Mattie Ross (to be played by Hailee Steinfeld) was so convinced of her own righteousness that they all thought Protestant hymns would be a fine way to play with her misplaced rectitude … He’s currently looking for appropriate hymn recordings but griped that, "they all sound too sweet."
  8. "The Social Network"
    Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross
    Source: Reznor stating himself at his site, he also says the score is almsot done.
    I guess David Fincher isn't going to use David Shire again. Or Desplat. Or Shore.
  9. This the facebook movie, right? Trent who? I've never heard of these guys...
  10. From some group called Nine Inch Nails.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2010
    Ah, Reznor. Look him up, he's a legendary icon in modern music.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    justin boggan wrote
    From some group called Nine Inch Nails.

Messa like Nine Inch Nails cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    "I wanna f__k you like an animal!"

punk

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  11. Ah, okay. So there's going to be a score for a David Fincher film scored by a couple of guys from NiN. That sounds great. rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    christopher wrote
    Ah, okay. So there's going to be a score for a David Fincher film scored by a couple of guys from NiN. That sounds great. rolleyes

You never know? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  12. "The American" (the upcoming George Clooney film)
    Herbert Gronemeyer (some German pop musician)
    Source: various news articles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2010
    justin boggan wrote
    "The American" (the upcoming George Clooney film)
    Herbert Gronemeyer (some German pop musician)
    Source: various news articles.

Cool! I was a big Grönemeyer fan in the 80's and early 90's. He is HUGE in Germany, a living legend. Very interesting to hear how he deals with a score!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2010 edited
    And he played the Reichs-journalist in "Das Boot", for anyone who saw that.

Love his music, too.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2010
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    And he played the Reichs-journalist in "Das Boot", for anyone who saw that.

Love his music, too.

Das Boot is probably the most claustrophobic film I've ever seen, a absolutely superb film too.
  13. "The First Grader" (recorded)
    Alex Heffes

"Gustav" (recorded; Russian film with no IMDB entry)
    David Holmes
    Source for both: site of a musician who worked on both.
  14. "Yasmeen"
    "Welcome to Nowhere"

Austin Wintory
    Source: non provided; same director with whom he worked did the score for "Captain Abu Raed".
  15. Amin Matalqa, cool guy.

So is Austin.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  16. "Water for elephants" (started recording)
    James Newton Howard
    Source:

@Hibbits Will the great James Newton Howard be scoring WFE? He would be the perfect composer! Good luck with everything!

@senorcaliente yes. He is scoring the movie and he has already written and pre recorded a bunch of music for us.

Consequently it's been annouced on the film's website, too.

"We Are Many" (documentary)
    Rachel Portman
    source: the director:

Oscar winning composer Rachel Portman agrees to write the score for the planned feature documentary We Are Many!

(via his Twitter account)

"The Lake Effect" (recorded)
    Paul Larson and The Minor Canon
    Source: film's Twitter account.
  17. The director of Water for Elephants goes by senor caliente, huh? That's kind of funny...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2010
    Starring that drip from the Twilight movies.
  18. No, he goes by Hibbits, seemingly. Senorcaliente is the one who asked.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2010
    Whaddevah.