• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Anthony wrote
    Count yourself lucky then. For a while we thought Giacchino would get Morning Glory. Now that would be a waste.

No, no -- his time is better spent scoring "winners" like "Land of the Lost"...

(FV will suck balls, but there is always a slight glimmer of hope for the score)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010
    A, new project for ABEL? Can't wait to hear that, his A SINGLE MAN was one of the best scores produced last year.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. They're making a movie about Southall?? shocked
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010
    Who will play him? I would suggest Stone Cold Steve Austin or failing that, Verne Troyer.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    People regularly confuse me with Verne Troyer so he's a reasonable choice. If he's unavailable then maybe Burt Kwouk?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Really? Not Michael J Pollard!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Troy McClure, perchance?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. "Zookeeper"
    Ruper Gregson-Williams
    Source: music editing provider site.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. "In Between the Waves"
    Lisa Gerrard, Tom March, &
    Source: Eye-Cue Films production website.
  5. "NA NAI'A: LEGEND OF THE DOLPHINS" (documentary)
    Randy Edleman
    Source: his official website, under "Leap Year".
  6. justin boggan wrote
    "Cabin In the Woods"
    Anthony Marinelli
    Source: none provided yet; still trying to confirm this myself.

Disappointed. Was hoping David Newman would be back.

(EDIT: not saying there is anything wrong with Marinelli [never given the samples on his site a full go])

Late last year I reported that. Now either my info was wrong, or there has been a change in composers, but also late last year the score to the film was recorded, and the composer was: David Julyan

Source: at least two official sites of people who worked on the score.
  7. "Strike Back" (mini series; partially, or wholly recorded)
    Ilan Eshkeri
    Source: website of the orchestra who recorded it.
  8. "The Eagle of the Ninth"
    Atli Orvarsson (replacing Alex Heffes)
    Source: his official website, a new update in the News. Some kind of historial picture.

"The Way Back"
    Burkhard Dallwitz
    Source: his official website, appearently he reported it late last year, but no one saw it.
  9. "180°"
    Angel Illarramendi
    Source: Website of the orchestra who performed it.

"Campamento Flipy"
    Fernando Velazquez
    Source: Website of the orchestra who performed it.
    • CommentAuthorAlthazan
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2010 edited
    Sorry. Wrong thread indeed.
  10. Wrong thread.
  11. "Un Balcon Sur La Mer"
    "Gallowwalker"
    (both recorded)
    "There Be Dragons" (Roland Joffe, director)
    Stephen Warbeck
    Source:
    1st two: resume of the scoring engineer.
    3rd: agency resume
  12. "Belle du Seigneur"
    "The Tourist"

Gabriel Yared
    Source: his website.
  13. "Beneath Hill 60"
    Cezary Skubiszewski
    Source: movie's official website.

"Back2Hell"
    Simon Boswell
    Source:

"Day & Night"
    Michael Giacchino
    Source: PixarTalk.com

"Four Years Running"
    George Kallis
    Source: his official blog, April 6th entry. The entry has been removed, suggesting the score has been rejected. But until such time as someone else is announced...

"The Sun Behind the Clouds"
    Gustavo Santaolalla
    Source: movie's official website. You can also listen to some of it there.

"The Wicker Tree"
    John Scott
    Source: couldn't find any, but would sure be nice to see him do more films. Someone else confirm it?

"Hotel Transylvania"
    Ramin Djawadi
    Source: without checking, I think I reported it without source a bit back -- now his agency, GSA Music, is listing it on his resume.

"Resistance"
    Rachel Portman
    Source: heard back from the director: nothing is greenlite yet, but Portman is committed to the film.

"Vegas Finaglers"
    John Ottman
    Source: InkTip.com, which is also reporting he is the director. He is also doing another one of their upcoming films.

"Flora Plum"
    Craig Armstrong
    Source: none; is this the film with the same name from a decade ago that didn't come out/wasn't made/shelved, that Isham(?) was going to score?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2010
    justin boggan wrote
    "Day & Night"
    Michael Giacchino
    Source: PixarTalk.com

So this is happening now? Last I heard was directly from a Pixar employee that Michael wasn't scoring it...

Hmm..
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010
    "
    "The Sun Behind the Clouds"
    Gustavo Santaolalla
    Source: movie's official website. You can also listen to some of it there.

"

Any info on a cd release?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  14. Anthony:

I have no idea. I jsut report what I found on the short film.

Christodoulides:

No clue.

Edited the Portman title for a source.
  15. "Wall Street 2" (recorded)
    Craig Armstrong
    Source: one of the orchestrators' is website in the news section.
  16. "Sherlock" (3-part BBC mini series)
    Michael Price & David Arnold
    Source: Price's official website, where he states it.
  17. "Die Konferenz der Tiere" (overseas animated film)
    David Newman
    Source: non provided, but he is. Maybe I'll have more on that later.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2010
    justin boggan wrote
    "Die Konferenz der Tiere" (overseas animated film)
    David Newman
    Source: non provided, but he is. Maybe I'll have more on that later.

shocked
    Jesus, I remember the 1969 version.
    That one left a major impression on me, when I saw it as an impressionable 5 year old back in 1974...

I wonder if Newman's work will live up to Erich Ferstl's landmark efforts? wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  18. "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World"
    Nigel Godrich (member of Radiohead)
    Source: management's website.
  19. He wasn't actually a member of Radiohead. From memory, he was their producer. (And has produced songs for many other artists too, including U2.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am