• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2011
    I fear you may be right. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. "In the Name of Sherlock Holmes"
    Robert Gulya
    Source: his Facebook page.

"Caroline and Jackie" (recorded)
    "Shouting Secrets" (with Matthias Weber; replacing a score by Zeljko Marasovich)
    Lisbeth Scott
    Source: her website. She's done vocals on a number of film scores from Debney to Zimmer, and co-scored a film with Debney years ago.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Chronologically from Zimmer to Debney, it was Hans who discovered her.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. I was just giving examples; if we're going that specific, then you messed up, too, since you left out all the composers inbetween.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. Most notably Harry Gregson-Williams and John Williams.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. You know, Martijn, I ws reading you signature and I think Scribe forgot some ties:

Herrmann to Bates (TDtESS)
    Rosenthal to Ramin Dsomethingorother
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Chronologically from Zimmer to Debney, it was Hans who discovered her.

Hardly the find of the century.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Hans?

moon
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Chronologically from Zimmer to Debney, it was Hans who discovered her.

Unfortunately.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  7. "Universal Soldier 4: A New Dimension"
    Michael Krassner
    Source: none provided; starting the score in November; says it will be less synthy, more horror like.
  8. "Doughboy" (recorded)
    Bruce Broughton
    Source: studio where it was recorded/mixed, News section of their website, from earlier this year.
  9. "Didi Lightful" (film version of the Braodway musical)
    David Shire
    Source: none provided; I wonder if this is the same "pilot" for that musical, which was supposed to be a TV series, that Shire has listed on his website. Anyway, he's an Executive Producer on the film, so I'm pretty sure I know who hired him. ;-)

"Odd Thomas"
    Speculation: Danny Elfman
    Source: A music editor says on his site he [the editor] was hired, and an update on his Facebook page shows recording has started. While it's a Stephen Sommors film, the editor works almost entirely for Elfman, and never for Silvestri.
  10. "Wikie auf Grosser Farht"
    Jaro Messerschmidt, Nik Reich and Ralf Wengenmayr
    Source: Score already done -- you can sample the whole thing, which sounds like a full bodied orchestral work, for a pirate film:
    http://www.wickie.film.de/#/soundtrack
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2011
    justin boggan wrote
    "Odd Thomas"
    Speculation: Danny Elfman
    Source: A music editor says on his site he was hired, and an update on his Facebook page shows recording has started. While it's a Stephen Sommors film, the editor works almost entirely for Elfman, and never for Silvestri.

I think it's 99% certain that Elfman will never do a Sommers film. Not his thang.
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Jon Burlingame's new article on Christophe Beck confirms "This Means War", which I reported about a week or two ago.

It's also lists a new assignement:
    "Paperman" (Disney)

(LINK)
  12. "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island"
    William Ross (replacing a score by Andrew Lockington)
    Source: Ross' GSA resume.
  13. justin boggan wrote
    "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island"

I take it this is short hand for "Journey To The Centre of the Earth 2: The Mysterious Island"?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  14. 3D?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  15. No, it's the sequel, "Journey 2"; the GSA is a typo.
  16. justin boggan wrote

no way, I was so looking forward to this. Those bastards, have they listened to Journey 1?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2011
    Guessing it's a pun on the words Journey 2 (to) The Mysterious Island.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    justin boggan wrote

Those bastards, have they listened to Journey 1?

They probably did. But that isn't the score to Journey 2. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    justin boggan wrote

no way, I was so looking forward to this. Those bastards, have they listened to Journey 1?

I don't know what Lockington's deal is, he should be composing at least one big-budget picture a year, but as it is, he hasn't really done anything since 2008. Maybe he's one of those guys like Hooper who don't actually want to be A-list and have a lot of work.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  17. Hooper's scored African Cats (the Disney documentary which it has been in cinemas everywhere).
  18. Scribe wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    justin boggan wrote

I don't know what Lockington's deal is, he should be composing at least one big-budget picture a year, but as it is, he hasn't really done anything since 2008. Maybe he's one of those guys like Hooper who don't actually want to be A-list and have a lot of work.

I emailed him many months ago, and he was ecstatic he could do the sequel to Journey, so I'll bet it's either creative differences or creative differences, wonder which one
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I emailed him many months ago, and he was ecstatic he could do the sequel to Journey, so I'll bet it's either creative differences or creative differences, wonder which one

Could be either, to be honest.
  19. Third option: creative differences.

"A Fantastic Fear of Everything" (recorded)
    Michael Price (has worked with Kamen and Arnold)
    Source: orchestra who performed it.
  20. "Geography of he Hapless Heart"
    James Seymour Brett
    Source: credits on his website.

"Salinger"
    Lorne Balfe
    Source: agency resume.

"Snow White and the Huntsman"
    ?????
    Source: son of a bitch. I accidently stumbled upon who the composer was about a month or so ago, but now I see an agency site listing they are working on it (no composer named), leading me to believe a change in composers. So, to confirm: I can't name either composer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    justin boggan wrote
    "Snow White and the Huntsman"
    ?????
    Source: son of a bitch. I accidently stumbled upon who the composer was about a month or so ago, but now I see an agency site listing they are working on it (no composer named), leading me to believe a change in composers. So, to confirm: I can't name either composer.

I know who's not doing it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    James Horner?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn