• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2011
  1. You're both wrong, it's Russell Garcia.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2011
    Bernard Herrmann?
    I am extremely serious.
  2. OK, I see where it's going.

Hildegard of Bingen?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. No, no, no -- you all know it's Findlay Crawford.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. Stuart M. Thomas just updated his website to reflect news work, adding "Snow White and the Huntsman". Based on who mainly works with, I'd say either J.N.H. or Chrispy Bacon got the job.
  5. Apparently a year to think about it was too long:

"Beyond the Mat" has been rescored again. First Christopher Wong had his score tossed, then I thought all was well 'cause it had been a year since Shawn K. Clemet did his, but I guess not. New composer:

Joel J. Richard

Yes, I'm sure this is NO SIGN WHATSOEVER the film is in trouble.
  6. justin boggan wrote
    Stuart M. Thomas just updated his website to reflect news work, adding "Snow White and the Huntsman". Based on who mainly works with, I'd say either J.N.H. or Chrispy Bacon got the job.
    It's JNH. Film Music Reported confirmed it.
  7. I wonder -- did they, or did they just see that listing, which in out itself "official", and assumed it was J.N.H.?
  8. Okay, the entry has now been edited and says confirmed with Sony, so I take it back -- J.N.H. is confirmed now.

This assignment is far more intersting, I feel. But given his recent output, I won't jump up & down and yell "yippie!" quite yet.
  9. Hey, Alan Menken has a score coming up -- something that doesn't appear to be full of Disney musical numbers:

"Mirror, Mirror"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILDeA7Aq … r_embedded
  10. justin boggan wrote
    Hey, Alan Menken has a score coming up -- something that doesn't appear to be full of Disney musical numbers:

"Mirror, Mirror"

perhaps, but it looks like a dumb ass film anyway
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  11. But the main actress is pretty and expressive, not like the one from the other Snow White movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2011 edited
    Considered MIRROR MIRROR is directed by Tarsem Singh (The Cell, The Fall, Immortals) I was expecting something completely different. His trademark visuals are still there (in a CGI-upped way), there's a Bollywood thing going on, but the humor is way too simple and childish and Roberts' role seems forced (no matter how much fun she is obviously having with it). Which is weird, because I always thought she'd have no problem with playing an up-tight bitch. The trailer is a huge letdown for me.
  12. yonythemoony wrote
    But the main actress is pretty and expressive, not like the one from the other Snow White movie.

Kristen Stewart doesn't bother me, Lily Collins made an impression on me in The Blind Side, hard to believe she's even a year older than Stewart
  13. BobdH wrote
    Considered MIRROR MIRROR is directed by Tarsem Singh (The Cell, The Fall, Immortals) I was expecting something completely different. His trademark visuals are still there (in a CGI-upped way), there's a Bollywood thing going on, but the humor is way too simple and childish and Roberts' role seems forced (no matter how much fun she is obviously having with it). Which is weird, because I always thought she'd have no problem with playing an up-tight bitch. The trailer is a huge letdown for me.

you said it, it is a kiddie version attempt of the other snow white movie
    at least I'll have fun with one Snow White this upcoming year
  14. While searching Brian Tyler quiockly, I found this on his Wikipedia page:

On September 5, 2011 Tyler announced that he is currently in talks for scoring the 2011 remake of Highlander ...

vomit

Yeah, learning about this a few days after the anniversary of Kamen's death. Great.
  15. He's in talks. That doesn't means that he's doing it.
    • CommentAuthorBlu
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2011
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Hey, Alan Menken has a score coming up -- something that doesn't appear to be full of Disney musical numbers:

"Mirror, Mirror"

Isn't there another Snow White film coming in 2012 with a score (hopefully) by James Newton Howard? Two Snow White films in just one year? What's going on?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Blu wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    justin boggan wrote

"Mirror, Mirror"

Isn't there another Snow White film coming in 2012 with a score (hopefully) by James Newton Howard? Two Snow White films in just one year? What's going on?

It's not unusual. Things like that often come in pairs. The two ROBIN HOOD films in 1991, the two asteroid films DEEP IMPACT and ARMAGEDDON the same year, the two magic trick films THE PRESTIGE and the other one I forgot at the moment. And so on.
    I am extremely serious.
  16. Thor wrote
    Blu wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    justin boggan wrote

"Mirror, Mirror"

It's not unusual. Things like that often come in pairs. The two ROBIN HOOD films in 1991, the two asteroid films DEEP IMPACT and ARMAGEDDON the same year, the two magic trick films THE PRESTIGE and the other one I forgot at the moment. And so on.

The Illusionist wink

you could go on indeed, Battle LA and Skyline is one that pops in the mind
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Even two James Bond's in 1983 with OCTOPUSSY and NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN.

NOTE : Someone here mentioned awhile back that Christopher Young told them in-person that Sean Connery really bad-mouthed John Barry, I wonder if it was anything to do with John Barry personally turning down Connery's request to do the score for NEVER SAY NEVER? Barry, quite rightly stayed loyal to his Bond family.

Who was it here that Young related the story to? I'm guessing it was at one of the Ubeda events!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2011 edited
    It might have been somebody else who actually had it told to them in person but when Young sent me a copy of his score for ENTRAPMENT a few years ago, he'd written on the cover "I met Sean Connery on this one - he didn't have many nice things to say about John Barry!"
  17. Interesting. I remember seeing an orchestra listing that had this film, and Jarre's son as the composer.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2011
    LSH wrote
    It might have been somebody else who actually had it told to them in person but when Young sent me a copy of his score for ENTRAPMENT a few years ago, he'd written on the cover "I met Sean Connery on this one - he didn't have many nice things to say about John Barry!"

Maybe I heard this from you, Lee, and misinterpreted?

I'm still willing to bet that it was because Barry turned him down on 'his' Bond film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  18. After over twenty years of retirement, Gerald Fried has come back and scored an upcoming short film called "20 Ways".

One of the director's blogs says he's written nine cues. The short, according to IMDB, is 16 minutes.
  19. A post at FSM says James Newton Howard may have taken over "The Hunger Games".

I did a quick search to see if I could find any info, but alas the only thing I found, was not concrete: the wikipedia page for the film already has J.N.H. listed and Elfman's name removed.
  20. I don't think it's true. Danny Elfman and T-Bone Burnett we're listed since the movie started to film, and they did music to be performed on the movie.
  21. Yes, yes, but many, many films change composers. And I can name at least five which were replaced that had music performed in the film.
  22. Another psot at FSM; Stuart M. Thomas' website (works with J.N.H.) is reporting a mystery film -- a new News entry. I'm guessing this is it, since he already updated like a week ago about "Snow White and the Huntsman" and the next Bourne film.

Keeping a busy year as ever, I see, J.N.H.