• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2014
    Will be overproduced by Zimmer?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Hans Zimmer DER UBERPRODUZENT muahahaha
  2. I heard M83 is going to remix Herrmann's North By Northwest for Wolf Totem.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2014
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Hans Zimmer DER UBERPRODUZENT muahahaha

biggrin

Synchrotones wrote
    I heard M83 is going to remix Herrmann's North By Northwest for Wolf Totem.

lol
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    According to Wiki he has form...

In 1980 Zimmer co-produced a single, "History of the World, Part 1," with, and for, UK Punk band The Damned, which was also included on their 1980 LP release, "The Black Album," and carried the description of his efforts as "Over-Produced by Hans Zimmer."
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2014 edited
    Being "anarchic" punks I can't imagine they meant that in a complimentary way ( ho hum rolleyes )

I'll always give a big thumbs up to Captain Sensible though for slipping the word 'cunt' onto primetime BBC 1 pop program Top of The Pops biggrin

HAPPY TALK
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Timmer wrote

In 1980 Zimmer co-produced a single, "History of the World, Part 1," with, and for, UK Punk band The Damned, which was also included on their 1980 LP release, "The Black Album," and carried the description of his efforts as "Over-Produced by Hans Zimmer."

This was also his credit on the original Pirates of the Caribbean album scored by Klaus Badelt.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Are they still talking? spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

Cool trivia! I wasn't aware of this.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Review of The Expendables 3
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2014
    I was afraid that might be the case.
    Good review, Thomas. I'll steer away from this one.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Martijn wrote
    I was afraid that might be the case.
    Good review, Thomas. I'll steer away from this one.

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Weakest score of the three by far. Good review.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    From what I heard of it it sounded like a re-hash of the first two scores. Stick with the far superior second score me thinks.
  5. That's what I'm gonna do for sure, but I think that the third one is more melodic, at least a tad. Even if it's a rehash.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2014
    Demetris wrote
    Brian Tyler Creates New Music for ESPN’s NFL Studio Shows, this guy loves logo themes wink http://filmmusicreporter.com/2014/09/04 … dio-shows/

Yes, and it's a pretty cool theme punk
  6. Listening to The Expendables 3 for the first time. Just finished the cue "Stonebanks Lives", which would be an excellent action cue...

...if not for the fact that 4 of its 5 1/2 minutes are taken pretty much note for note from the (genuinely!) excellent action cue "Royal Rumble" from the first Expendables score. There's being faithful to your thematic material and then there's this, which I like to call "On Stranger Tides syndrome". Not impressed. rolleyes
  7. Holy crap. "Infiltrating the Block" isn't much better. The difference in the amount of effort put in between this and his Turtles score is so obvious it's not even funny.
  8. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Holy crap. "Infiltrating the Block" isn't much better. The difference in the amount of effort put in between this and his Turtles score is so obvious it's not even funny.

I do remember reading that a significant amount of this score was just a re-hash of earlier Expendables scores.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2014
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Holy crap. "Infiltrating the Block" isn't much better. The difference in the amount of effort put in between this and his Turtles score is so obvious it's not even funny.

The Expendables 2 is the only score of the three worth keeping. As you say, the third is a lazy rehash. You wait until the last cue...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2015
    So apparently Danny Elfman has provided "additional music" for Age Of Ultron.

“I was doing the same thing actually just last week because I’ve contributed music to the new Avengers movie. I took part of Alan Silvestri’s theme on the original [movie], which I really liked, and I pulled it into it new theme, which became kind of a hybrid. I really enjoyed that.”

Reportedly one of his music editors posted:

Just finished one of the most intense & quick projects of my entire career. I was music editing - about an hour of music composed, recorded, mixed, conformed to new pix and delivered in 24 grueling days! I think I've earned a nap

Score in trouble?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2015 edited
    It would be rather unsurprising if Tyler was unable to deliver the level of "epic" they were looking for in his music. If that's the case, it would be also be a little bit satisfying to anyone whose grown frustrated watching traditional orchestral scores get rejected in favor of more modern, electronic-based stuff. I can see the reverse having happened here. This is their Empire Strikes Back, they need it to sound bigger and more portentious than anything Tyler has ever done.

Then again, maybe Tyler went all out and the test audiences thought it was too "old fashioned" sounding? But if that's the case, why hire Elfman or his team, of all people? That's what leads me to guess that maybe Tyler's score was too modern and electronic and not-epic-sounding. In any event, I can tell this is going to be a fascinating and fun mess to sort out in the coming months biggrin
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2015
    When composer Brian Tyler recorded his score to Furious 7 (the latest film in the adrenaline-fueled Fast and Furious series) we were fortunate to be able to attend one of the sessions. Recording took place at the Eastwood Scoring Stage at Warner Bros., and ScoringSessions.com is thrilled to now bring our readers the exclusive photos!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2015
  9. My review of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON, for anyone who's interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2015/05/05/aveng … ny-elfman/

Jon
  10. Review of Avengers: Age of Ultron
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2015
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nice. He should try to copy John Williams more often.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2015
    Especially John Williams.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn