• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. When Burwell put the themes from the other Twilight composers into his Breaking Dawn overture, I literally jumped. The last time a composer did that, was back in... wait, oh, it WAS Brian Tyler with John Rambo.

As much as I like both Doyle´s Thor theme and Silvestri´s Avengers theme, it´s about time Marvel got their shit together about continuity with the scores. As you well know I had no problems with Djawadi´s Iron Man, but Tyler´s theme was catchy, so I´m looking forward to what he does with Thor. If it works out, I´ll be okay with Silvestri replaced on both The Winter Soldier and Avengers 2, should that happen.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2013
    I liked Tyler's IRON MAN 3 theme but on the whole, Tyler should be credited as Noise Generator.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I really like IRON MAN 3. I think Tyler showed those RC guys how this sort of score is done properly.

As Doyle did before.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Captain Future wrote
    I really like IRON MAN 3. I think Tyler showed those RC guys how this sort of score is done properly.

John Powell has been doing that his entire career.

Captain Future wrote
    As Doyle did before.

Eew!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yeah

Unfortunately the Doyle that turned up for THOR was forced into RC'isms.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I think Powell's score to X-Men III is the best score to any Marvel film. But why are Marvel intent on having no continuity in music AT ALL??
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    I think Powell's score to X-Men III is the best score to any Marvel film. But why are Marvel intent on having no continuity in music AT ALL??

Because ultimately it doesn't matter.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Poops. sad
  3. Timmer wrote
    yeah

Yes, but it is a demonstration of Doyle's tremendous abilities, how he managed to turn that into his advantage. He cocked a snook at them all: That score is great!
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2013 edited
    Captain Future wrote
    Timmer wrote
    yeah

Yes, but it is a demonstration of Doyle's tremendous abilities, how he managed to turn that into his advantage. He cocked a snook at them all: That score is great!

Sorry but I disagree. he bent over backwards for them, simple as that. Money talks, he's not going to take the piss ( not if he wants more work ) and he didn't, he gave exactly what was wanted.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2013
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

Because ultimately it doesn't matter.

-Erik-

Unfortunately Erik speaks truth! Personally I'd rather Powell was stuck in Marvel's franchises than ruddy cartoons.
  4. Tyler, you now have competition in the drumming department:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRhoHN8x_00

;-)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2013
    Side from the fact that she's old and she's a woman and therefore incapable of anything, she's still a bit shit.
  5. What the hell does being a woman have to do with a person's abilities on drums? Jeez.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2013
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2013
    Steven wrote
    Side from the fact that she's old and she's a woman and therefore incapable of anything, she's still a bit shit.

lol
  6. My review of Thor: The Dark World, if anyone's interested
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2013
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I have no review of THOR: THE DARK WORLD.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

Reviewing yourself would make you a-little-bit-of-a-big-head.
  7. Thor wrote

I imagine this is in line with your "thor 2? fuck thor!" policy, then?

8. Nice acknowledgement from Brian on Twitter for your review of his score.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2013
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Nice acknowledgement from Brian on Twitter for your review of his score.

I noticed! He called me something other than my name! So I shall call him Xavier Blenkinsop.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    ...ah, but now that looks silly, because I see he changed it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    So now I shall call him Brian Tyler.
  9. I need to get a life...I actually Googled "Xavier Blenkinsop" to see if there was some significance in choosing that particular name over any other name.

rolleyes
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  10. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I need to get a life...I actually Googled "Xavier Blenkinsop" to see if there was some significance in choosing that particular name over any other name.

Was there? Save your fellow maintitlers from googling the same thing! wink

Southall wrote
    So now I shall call him Brian Tyler.

Somewhere in LA and faint "yay" was heard emerging from an open bedroom window...

<s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2013
    Brian Tyler and David Arnold has kind of a fun discussion over at BT's Facebook page. Look in the comment section... smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Very entertaining despite the vomit inducing sycophantic fan-boy stuff inbetween.