• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2011
    Thor wrote
    Oh my God, I just had my first outdoor jog in a year (maybe because I felt guilty for the 700 grams of potatoe chips yesterday), and I thought I was gonna die at least 14 times. Quite embarassing, running through the park full of families and casual walkers, and looking like a 80-year-old geriatric in terms of shape.

Geez. shame

With my bad leg I might just have a chance in beating you cheesy
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2011 edited
    LOL Tom! applause

You should keep going Thor!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2011
    sdtom wrote
    Thor wrote
    Oh my God, I just had my first outdoor jog in a year (maybe because I felt guilty for the 700 grams of potatoe chips yesterday), and I thought I was gonna die at least 14 times. Quite embarassing, running through the park full of families and casual walkers, and looking like a 80-year-old geriatric in terms of shape.

Geez. shame

With my bad leg I might just have a chance in beating you cheesy
    Thomas smile

I think you would. We would have made quite a team. smile
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I've been on a health kick recently, trying to lose some weight and get fit in order for me to play competitive football for the first time since I left high school. So I've been cutting down on my calories, drinking Slim-Fast shakes, and I've lost about 12 pounds in weight in a little over 6 weeks.

I played my first game 2 weekends ago - and, boy, was I out of shape! Fortunately, the league I play in allows unlimited substitutions, so you can roll on-roll off at will. I played about 50 minutes of the 90 in total on the right side of defence, and we won 4-3! I was tired, but I really enjoyed it smile

And then, on Saturday (2 days ago), I was out and about running some errands for my wife, and as I was leaving a shop I dropped a coin, and as I bent down to pick it up I tore the thigh muscle on my right leg. So now I'm on crutches, taking painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs, and can't play for 6 weeks. Grrrr! angry
  2. Jon Broxton wrote
    I've been on a health kick recently, trying to lose some weight and get fit in order for me to play competitive football for the first time since I left high school. So I've been cutting down on my calories, drinking Slim-Fast shakes, and I've lost about 12 pounds in weight in a little over 6 weeks.

I played my first game 2 weekends ago - and, boy, was I out of shape! Fortunately, the league I play in allows unlimited substitutions, so you can roll on-roll off at will. I played about 50 minutes of the 90 in total on the right side of defence, and we won 4-3! I was tired, but I really enjoyed it smile

And then, on Saturday (2 days ago), I was out and about running some errands for my wife, and as I was leaving a shop I dropped a coin, and as I bent down to pick it up I tore the thigh muscle on my right leg. So now I'm on crutches, taking painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs, and can't play for 6 weeks. Grrrr! angry

it's good to see so many people getting or trying to get into shape. Sad you'll have to be patient now for about a couple of weeks. Speedy recovery!

but it does give you ample time to listen to music instead smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2011
    Tell Thor how bad those friggin potato chips and chocolate is. A crime for your health and body.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2011 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Tell Thor how bad those friggin potato chips and chocolate is. A crime for your health and body.

Okay.

Thor, they are criminally delicious.

There, that told 'im!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Christodoulides wrote

the problem for me is, staying into shape. I love it when I get a healthy boost, but after several months I don't want to continue doing all those workouts because I lack the enthusiasm and the character to continue. But I know I love it when (after a workout) I take a shower and feel myself refreshed from all the physical workout
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    D, don't insult The Chocolate! angry

I eat chocolate almost every day! It's healthy in small doses.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Exactly, THE main external source for dopamine and adrenalin.
    Chocolate is an ESSENTIAL dietary requirement.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Does that mean it is healthy, or that my brain is infected?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    D, don't insult The Chocolate! angry

I eat chocolate almost every day! It's healthy in small doses.

Oh most certainly.

Martijn wrote
    Exactly, THE main external source for dopamine and adrenalin.
    Chocolate is an ESSENTIAL dietary requirement.

I agree.

But tell me, where in Thor's own confessions do you read "small dosages"?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    edit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Does that mean it is healthy, or that my brain is infected?

Both!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    That just hurts. cry

:chocolate:
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I eat chocolate every day too, usually one of these bars:

http://veg-veg.no/media/bocca_70.jpg

70% cocoa, so not that bad.

Sometimes, however, I go for the milk variant instead, which is not as healthy but which tastes damn great.

As for potatoe chips, I try to steer clear during the weekdays, but then usually go crazy in the weekends.

I'll cling to this habit to the day I die; it's one of those things that makes life worth living. Like beer, travelling and a good party. If that means I'll cut my lifespan short with a few years, so be it. Those extra years would just be spent working out anyway.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2011
    I picked up the weights for the first time in well over a year today, starting very lightly and when I say light, i mean light, I've learnt from many years of experience how picking up weights that seem easy can leave you in a lot of muscular pain the next day, so it's easy going for the first week, just half an hours excercise today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2011
    Do you have weights in your own home, Tim?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2011
    Thor wrote
    Do you have weights in your own home, Tim?

Yeap! 400lbs ( approx 200 kg )

...it's been a loooooooooooonnnnng time since I ever picked up anywhere near that.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    I picked up the weights for the first time in well over a year today, starting very lightly and when I say light, i mean light, I've learnt from many years of experience how picking up weights that seem easy can leave you in a lot of muscular pain the next day, so it's easy going for the first week, just half an hours excercise today.

Just goes to show, despite taking it very easy yesterday I am aching a little bit. Today I'm going to do some aerobics and stretching.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Me, I'm gonna do some serious lifting and pumping this arvo! Gotta get that looming midlife crisis under control, eh what?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What's "arvo"?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    *sigh*

What happened to the days when film score nerds were fat, lazy people sitting in front of their computers in their mom's basement and listening to the latest sci/fantasy score?

I'm stressin' out here.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote
    What happened to the days when film score nerds were fat, lazy people sitting in front of their computers in their mom's basement and listening to the latest sci/fantasy score?

Thor, over here!

wave
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    What's "arvo"?

Ozzie slang for "afternoon"

It's the one thing that stuck in my mind after utterly overdosing on Neighbours morning TV when I was young, jobless and depressed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote

Does it help that my iPod is filled to the brim with scifi/fantasy tracks to help me along on my PumpQuest? shame

I'm stressin' out here.

Stress burns calories! wave
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2011 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    What's "arvo"?

Ozzie slang for "afternoon"

It's the one thing that stuck in my mind after utterly overdosing on Neighbours morning TV when I was young, jobless and depressed.

That's what I thought it was.....just couldn't figure out why you were using it but I understand now.

Neighbours?!! Egads!shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    *sigh*

I'm stressin' out here.

I went the opposite way around, no computer, living at my mom's being fed good food, fast, strong and superfit and listening to John Barry -to- fat & lazy & sittin in front of a computer listening to John Barry...........not sure any of it wasv ever the norm though? dizzy biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2011 edited
    Strangely, I'm also now having this debate over at FSM, in which my anti-Healthy Hysteria stance is in play again:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0

Also strangely...just a few years ago, when the focus in media and social settings wasn't so intense in relation to health, work-outs and firm bellies, I was pretty pro-workout. Then today, when the focus is greater than ever, I'm becoming more and more anti-workout. :D

Must be my allergy to majority opinions and consensus.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Sectarianism seems to be raising its ugly head again in Scottish football with parcel bombs being sent to Celtic manager and prominent Celtic supporters.

Big Celtic v Rangers match at the weekend (Easter Sunday) and they have announced that children will accompany the players onto the pitch as a sign of "integration".

My first thought (pessimistic) was "human shield" rather than as a sign of integration.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn