• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010
    By twat, do you mean twit? Or do you actually mean twat? biggrin
  1. Steven wrote

I actually meant twat smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Steven wrote

What's the difference?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. PawelStroinski wrote
    Steven wrote

What's the difference?

honestly, don't bloody know, but wanted to use something else than the common twit cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Steven wrote

What's the difference?

I'll give you the dictionary meanings:

twit
    a silly or foolish person.

twat
    a woman's genitals.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Careful...

Twit: Affectionate term for a foolish or annoying person.

Twat: A contemptible and stupid person

or

slang for vagina, pussy, vulva, clitoris.
  4. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Original order from Lalaland. I've told the guys at Lala to wait a bit longer before sending another copy. I may want to review that decision.

please email them, this is not normal.
    I've think you've been patient enough

Dude, you know what's not normal? Me buying a second copy while the first is still somewhere and could still arrive. face-palm-mt

I admit it, I've lost my marbles... shame

you're a twat wink
    besides, I'm baffled you were still able to pick up a copy, isn't this one sold out? tongue

It never is on eBay man! Besides it was still at a good price so I wasn't exactly ripped off.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Damn you Steven...
  5. LSH wrote
    Careful...

Twit: Affectionate term for a foolish or annoying person.

Twat: A contemptible and stupid person

thank you LSH kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Vagina.
  6. Alotta Fagina ?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I decided to go for Goldsmith's Islands In The Stream and am awaiting it's arrival. I've been reading some positive comments on how much better the original tracks are compared to the re-recording that has been available and I'm looking forward to hearing it in the next week or so.

I've never had much of an issue with the Intrada release - though I have to restate that this title isn't one that I listen to often.

I really want to see if this new release compares with the Intrada CD and to see if the FSM release increases my appreciation of this score.

BTW, I'm finding that all the recent Goldsmith releases is heightening my interest in Goldsmith's music: I recently heard Medicine Man and The Secret of N.I.M.H. for the first time.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2010
    Steven wrote
    Vagina.

Nice to meet you in person, Mr. Peter Griffin! smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  8. FalkirkBairn wrote

BTW, I'm finding that all the recent Goldsmith releases is heightening my interest in Goldsmith's music: I recently heard Medicine Man and The Secret of N.I.M.H. for the first time.

Wow, I can only imagine what it must be hearing those two gems for the first time. I can't even remember when that was...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What did you think of them Alan?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  9. I wasn't blown away by what I heard. There were definitely highlight tracks from each title but overall I came away with the feeling that they were not "top flight" Goldsmith - out of my Top 20 Goldsmith.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    If there were two tracks that I would take to the grave with me from Medicine Man, then they would be 'Rae's Arrival' and 'The Trees'. (I would definitely call those two tracks top flight Goldsmith.... the rest I could easily live without even though I still enjoy them.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I think Medicine Man is certainly above average latter-period Goldsmith with some fine bits (and The Trees is a wonderful theme). Secret of NIMH, I love. But then I love that sound which he used in this film (and its near neighbours Legend and Poltergeist) - beefier, "smoother" orchestration than elsewhere in his career.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NIMH is in my top 10 JG's, and Medicine Man is a very good score too. I will say that MM took me a few listens ( and a gap of some years ) before I truly appreciated it, NIMH just appeals heavily to my love of all things Debussy / Ravel.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  10. You should watch NIMH -- not to appreciate Jerry's score more -- but just because it's actually a pretty good animated film.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It is! A very enjoyable film indeed.
  11. I don't think that I have even seen this movie being played on TV!
  12. Rent. Heck, check pawn shops -- you might find a very cheap used DVD.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Steven wrote
    If there were two tracks that I would take to the grave with me from Medicine Man, then they would be 'Rae's Arrival' and 'The Trees'. (I would definitely call those two tracks top flight Goldsmith.... the rest I could easily live without even though I still enjoy them.)

Oh man! The Trees and A Meal and a Bath are my faves from that score. Not a bad movie either.
  13. Arrived today:

Islands In The Stream - Jerry Goldsmith
    Anita - Marco Werba

I'll listen to them when I get home...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Arrived today:

Islands In The Stream - Jerry Goldsmith
    Anita - Marco Werba

I'll listen to them when I get home...

ANITA is quite nice. Werba is one of my celluloidtunes clients.
    I am extremely serious.
  14. Thor wrote

That's good to hear!

When I heard the clips I did a search on Werba's other stuff and came across Amore e Liberta: Masaniello, which I also like.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote

That's good to hear!

When I heard the clips I did a search on Werba's other stuff and came across Amore e Liberta: Masaniello, which I also like.

That ain't bad, albeit slightly repetitative. My favourite Werba is unquestionably IL DIARIO DI UN PRETE, especially the segues between the Bach pieces and Werba's own compositions. Here's my review:

http://celluloidtunes.net/review-ildiariodiunprete.htm
    I am extremely serious.
  15. Just bought André Previn's score to Elmer Gantry from Kritzerland. The clips sound excellent.

Up until I'd heard the clips I'd not heard any of this score. Reading the notes on the website it was a quality year for releases: Academy Award nominations were "...Ernest Gold’s Exodus, Tiomkin’s The Alamo, Alex North’s Spartacus, and Elmer Bernstein for The Magnificent Seven (not even nominated was Herrmann’s Psycho)..." as well as Previn's score.

Looking forward to hearing this one in full.
  16. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Just bought André Previn's score to Elmer Gantry from Kritzerland. The clips sound excellent.

Up until I'd heard the clips I'd not heard any of this score. Reading the notes on the website it was a quality year for releases: Academy Award nominations were "...Ernest Gold’s Exodus, Tiomkin’s The Alamo, Alex North’s Spartacus, and Elmer Bernstein for The Magnificent Seven (not even nominated was Herrmann’s Psycho)..." as well as Previn's score.

Looking forward to hearing this one in full.

I'm curious Alan, considering you buy so much, how much soundtracks do you actually have in your possession?