• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. And it helps that the movie is perhaps my favorite action drama from the 1990s. Such a wonderful film.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Same here man. I kinda wished Public Enemies would be as brilliant as Heat, but too bad that isn't the case. For me anyways.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2010
    I just received Angelo Francesco Lavagnino's score to LEGEND OF THE LOST.

When I opened the parcel the CD is shrink wrap sealed and yet the Legend of The Lost Cd is seperate, when I opened the CD case it contained THE LAST MAN ON EARTH by Paul Sawtell & Bert Shefter.

Eeh!??? dizzy spin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2010
    Legend Of The Lost Man On Earth? spin
    Well, two for the price of one. I wouldn't complain. smile

Just came in:
    Big City - Erwann Kermovant
    The composer's name was so wildly exotic I just needed at least one of his scores in my collection.
    Kidding. Loved the preview tracks over at Moviescore Media, hence the purchase.

Napoleon - Carl Davis
    The new recording for the silent classic. The original was long out of print, so I'm really glad this was rerecorded! A superb effort by Davis, if I remember correctly (last time I heard it was 1991, I think).

The Alamo - Dimitri Tiomkin
    The Prometheus rerecording. Yeah, I caved: it's my favourite Tiomkin score, and I'd love to hear how it sounds with modern scoring techniques...even if it's three (!) CDs shocked (I will probably edit it down significantly before it goes on my iPod).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Martijn wrote
    Yeah, I caved...

I know what you mean!

I remember saying that I would be passing on FSM's Cleopatra Jones title - but I ended up ordering it anyway.

It's such a catchy title theme that I wanted to hear the rest of the score. And I didn't want to order Albert Glasser's Earth vs The Spider from SAE alone.

Mind you, with Tim's Kritzerland mix-up I'll be interested to see what I get instead of the Glasser CD. Earth vs Empire of The Ants?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2010
    Timmer wrote
    I just received Angelo Francesco Lavagnino's score to LEGEND OF THE LOST.

When I opened the parcel the CD is shrink wrap sealed and yet the Legend of The Lost Cd is seperate, when I opened the CD case it contained THE LAST MAN ON EARTH by Paul Sawtell & Bert Shefter.

Eeh!??? dizzy spin

Well, it turned out there must have been a series of misprints because THE LAST MAN ON EARTH contained the Lavagnino score.

I'm slightly disappointed, I thought I had a bonus CD slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2010 edited
    Alexandre Azaria - Fanfan La Tulipe
    Mychael Danna - Monsoon Wedding
    Orlando Gough - The First World War
    Evanthia Reboutsika - Politiki Kouzina
    Ennio Morricone: The Library Vol.1
  4. SAE ordered tonight:

The Beast Within - Les Baxter
    Star Trek III: The Search For Spock - James Horner
    99 and 44/100% Dead - Henry Mancini
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    SAE ordered tonight:

SNAP!

Well, almost, I ordered the Horner and Mancini titles.
  5. Got these from Thor:

The Fugitive
    Jaws Anniversary CE
    The Phantom Menace: Ultimate Edition

Wondering if I'll like the presentation of TPM, but I'm glad I got this after all, it's been on my radar since release. It's Johnny, it's Star Wars. There you go. punk

Ordering Star Trek III is just a mouse click away, soon.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010
    Just received these:

Independence Day (Complete)
    Bad Boys (Complete)

lick lick
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  6. Excellent and fun scores !!! punk

Obviously ID4 is the more excellent of the two.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Indeed, it was my original purchase. But I saw Bad Boys was really cheap, and as a personal favourite of mine from my youth I decided to get it too.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  7. Ordered today:

The Boy and The Pirates - Albert Glasser
    The Saint - Edwin Astley
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Ordered! smile

Kite Runner by I can't spell his name sorry
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Aikan Tspellis-Naimsry? The famous Armenian composer?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Yeah something like that! tongue
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    A few days ago:

* ROCKY IV (Vince di Cola)

Superb album, funky, delicious, prog-style anthems and grooves. A long-desired favourite of mine.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Alberto Iglesias.

Great score btw! smile
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2010 edited
    Pino Donaggio - Oorlogswinter (don't ask....)
    Peter Thomas - Van de Velde: Die Volkomme Ehe / Das Leben Zu Zweit
    Sam Spence - Our Man in Munich: 22 Groovy Tv & Movie themes from 1969 - 1984
    Willy M & Martyn Phillips - Out of the Blue - Music from the TV Series Dolphin Stories
    Monty Norman & John Barry - Dr. No

Francis Lai - Les misérables (the cd includes a 19:12 minutes cue by Michel Legrand called Partir Revenir. I guess it's music from the film that goes by the same name that was re-used for Les misérables?)
  8. Reign of Fire - Edward Shearmur
    Troy - James Horner
    Rudy - Jerry Goldsmith
    The Crow: City of Angels - Graeme Revell
    Dinotopia - Trevor Jones
    Animal Farm - Richard Harvey
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  9. FalkirkBairn wrote

These 3 titles were waiting for me when I arrived at work this morning. lick

I'm spinning the James Horner title at the moment and I'll keep the other two until this evening.

I've also had Jarre's Mad Max release on pre-order for such a long time (seems like months!) and it's still not here (a combination of very early announcement and issues with a faulty disc). Hoping it will arrive soon.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010
    I think it's to do with the faulty disc, I'm happy to wait if that's the case. Erik received this a while ago but didn't reply to my query as to whether he noticed anything.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Just bought Elfman's Alice in Wonderland.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    William wrote

Good choice! It's an excellent score.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    William wrote

Indeed, I love it! ( and no, I'm not being sarcastic )
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Best of the year so far for me!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010
    Thor wrote
    William wrote

It's the first score I've bought in a while, and so far I'm loving every second of it. smile I may be starting to get my film score craze back! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    William wrote
    Thor wrote
    William wrote

It's the first score I've bought in a while, and so far I'm loving every second of it. smile I may be starting to get my film score craze back! punk

Elfman has that effect. I also got that from WANTED, TERMINATOR: salvation, WOLFMAN of course and ALICE. He's brilliant these days.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    I agree! beer