• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2010
    Miya wrote
    Mouse Hunt - Alan Silvestri

I don't remember much about the movie, except when Nathan Lane utters Hakuna Matata...

lol

You're just doing this to annoy the Europeans on the forum, right? Admit it!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    No I just stated a fact! wink
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm not sure I entirely believe you... wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Ennio Morricone - I Malamondo /La Tarantola Dal Ventre Nero
    Pino Donaggio - Un Eroe Borgese
    Alberto Igllesias - La Flor De Mi Secreto
    Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson & Sigur Rós - Englar Alheimsins
    Patrick Doyle - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2010 edited
    Joep wrote
    Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson & Sigur Rós - Englar Alheimsins

How is this one? (because I like Sigur Ros, never heard of it and because you'd say something about the scores you buy)
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    No idea. I love listening to Sigur Rós - Hlemmur and Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson - Börn Náttúrunnar a lot. I guess Englar Alheimnist can't be that bad.
  1. I just made my first score purchase of 2010. That's right, I haven't bought ANYTHING all year slant What can I say, it's been tight financially and I have plenty of music to keep me happy. Anywho, the score I just bought today was...

Powder - Jerry Goldsmith.

I've loved this theme for years (it may be my favorite Goldsmith theme), and this CD has cost more than I was willing to pay up until recently. I got it for less than $20 used on Amazon today. The past few years it seems like a copy of this score went for $40-$60 dollars used.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010
    christopher wrote

Powder - Jerry Goldsmith.

I got it for less than $20 used on Amazon today.

Awesome deal! I love this score and movie. The theme sounded familiar until I realized that it was the basis for the Sarah Brightman song No One Like You. Unfortunately, too many years of listening to Brightman before I became a soundtrack fan has resulted in me thinking of the song versions before the score. sad
    Same case with her rendition of Nella Fantasia (or Gabriel's Oboe from The Mission) or La Califfa.
  2. Groban did that with the theme to Malena for me. And the words are so DUMB! WHY do I have to hear those stupid words in my head every time I hear that gorgeous theme??

On a side note, the song versions of some themes on album have made excellent themes significantly less enjoyable to me for the same reason (Dragonheart II comes to mind, Titanic as well).

I'll steer clear of the Brightman song you mentioned. I don't want any words to that theme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    christopher wrote
    Groban did that with the theme to Malena for me. And the words are so DUMB! WHY do I have to hear those stupid words in my head every time I hear that gorgeous theme??

That happened to me with Carol Ann's Theme from Poltergeist. I heard Erich Kunzel's version of the theme FIRST with lyrics and every time I hear the theme on the OST I can't help but hear the lyrics with it. crazy

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    STAAAAAAAR WAAAARS, NOTHING BUT STAAAAAAAR WAAAAARS....

wink
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Curse you thor....how will I ever forget that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Horner's Zorro theme for me. Goddamn. angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    Horner's Zorro theme for me. Goddamn. angry

Now that I don't mind... "I Want To Spend My Lifetime Love You" is my wedding song.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010 edited
    With all honesty: Great choice.

I have a soft spot for Horner´s songs, mainly because, most of the time, they are fantastic & beautiful variations of his main themes.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2010
    Musique et Cinéma du Monde - Amérique Latine
    Francis Lai - Love Story
    Fumio Hayasaka - Shichinin No Samurai & Rashômon (2 suites)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2010
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    With all honesty: Great choice.

I have a soft spot for Horner´s songs, mainly because, most of the time, they are fantastic & beautiful variations of his main themes.

Absolutely agree; i adore every Horner song really, no matter how terribly cheesy they (admittedly) are.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2010
    Didn't know where to put this so I'm dropping it here ...
    Just a heads up that Movie Grooves is doing a summer sale on some of their soundtracks .
    Click here for a full list .
    Happy browsing ... wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2010
    Marcel Barsotti - Der Poet
    Michal Lorenc - Bandyta
    Hidekazu Uchiike - Hinotori
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2010 edited
    A little expensive but I'm glad to finally get...

Alexandre Desplat - Le Chateau des Singes
  4. I just bought the Star Wars Anthology box set that Erik is always talking about. I'm a little ashamed to say that the only Star Wars music I had owned before that was in compilation discs. shame I guess I've just never felt the need to own them on disc because I know them so well, having seen the original trilogy a gazillion times and having played a ton of video games that used Williams' scores as the soundtrack. I feel like I know the music really well and don't really need to hear it apart from the wonderful films. Glad to have finally filled that gaping hole in my collection, though. It somehow makes me feel legitimate... smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Couldn't help myself and got several CD's during the festival in Ubeda, out of print "classics" as well as a very new one:

INCEPTION - Hans Zimmer
    TIMELINE - Jerry Goldsmith (after hesitation, Marcel convinced me: it'd better be good! wink )
    2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY - Alex North
    SMALL SOLDIERS - Jerry Goldsmith
    SPEED 2: CRUISE CONTROL - Mark Mancina (Anthony talked me out of buying it and saved me some money... and then I talked to Marcel and it got me excited again :p)

Can't wait to hear 'em soon as I get home - but first, Cordoba!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I hope you regret Speed 2 once you get past the awesome main title. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2010
    Shouldn't you be in bed right now? wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2010
    Yes but the forum distracted me. sad
  5. christopher wrote
    Curse you thor....how will I ever forget that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNu-G6EV … re=related
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2010
    I just bought WAaaaaaL Eeeeeee.

Japanese edition with this better cover. cool
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Based partially on Erik's recommendations and partially on my own preference, I've taken full advantage of SAE's Varese sale and got me the following titles:

The River - John Williams
    A Rage In Harlem - Elmer Bernstein
    Magic In The Water - David Schwartz
    Poltergeist II - Jerry Goldsmith
    Hollywood '95 - Joel McNeely
    The 3 Worlds Of Gulliver - Bernard Herrmann
    Pacific Heights - Hans Zimmer

Topped up by
    Andes To Amazon - Nicholas Hooper
    Don Quixote - Lalo Schifrin

Goodies! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    christopher wrote
    I just bought the Star Wars Anthology box set that Erik is always talking about. I'm a little ashamed to say that the only Star Wars music I had owned before that was in compilation discs. shame I guess I've just never felt the need to own them on disc because I know them so well, having seen the original trilogy a gazillion times and having played a ton of video games that used Williams' scores as the soundtrack. I feel like I know the music really well and don't really need to hear it apart from the wonderful films. Glad to have finally filled that gaping hole in my collection, though. It somehow makes me feel legitimate... smile

You now own one of the finest soundtrack releases of all time! Enjoy!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    Based partially on Erik's recommendations and partially on my own preference, I've taken full advantage of SAE's Varese sale and got me the following titles:

The River - John Williams
    A Rage In Harlem - Elmer Bernstein
    Magic In The Water - David Schwartz
    Poltergeist II - Jerry Goldsmith
    Hollywood '95 - Joel McNeely
    The 3 Worlds Of Gulliver - Bernard Herrmann
    Pacific Heights - Hans Zimmer

Topped up by
    Andes To Amazon - Nicholas Hooper
    Don Quixote - Lalo Schifrin

Goodies! lick

punk