• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2010
    justin boggan wrote
    Eric wrote

Film & TV Music of ... - Billy Goldenberg

You purchased a bootleg? You know you can get those things for free or trade, right?

He DID get it for free. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2010 edited
    Yep , Thor gave me some freebies as well - so , no problemo ... wink

I edited my previous post as well ... lol
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2010
    look before you jump, justin tongue biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I did look. He edited. Read before you jump, ol' Timmer. moon
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2010
    How To Train Your Dragon - John Powell

Loved the movie, and score!
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  2. That's still my favorite score of the year!
  3. I dipped into my savings and got "Mixie" (Intrada) and "Batman" (LLLR new re-issue of the OOP FSM); they were cheap and sealed and I caved. A very unwise decision considering I lost my job about three or so weeks ago. I'm gonn have to dip in again (something I'll only be able to do two or three more times -- depending on the cost of each CD, then I'll have no choice but to stop) to get "The X-Files" 4CD set from LLLR in November. After that, I simply just won't be able to get CDs anymore unless a job comes my way. I've had to skip things I owuld have liked to get, like "The Long Gunmen/Harsh Realm" and the FSM TV Ominibus.

Please Holy Grails ... take a break.

sad
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2010
    John Lurie - Stranger Than Paradise & The Resurrection of Albert Ayler
    Karl Jenkins - River Queen
  4. I've been away for a couple of weeks. Any speciality label releases worth picking up?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It looks likely that Intrada will release John Barry's THE DEEP tomorrow but I'll only believe it when I see it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. I've never actually seen or heard anything from The Deep.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. Placed the order on Amazon, hopefully no issues:

Hans Zimmer - Beyond Rangoon
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Placed the order on Amazon, hopefully no issues:

Hans Zimmer - Beyond Rangoon

Brilliant choice. That's my all-time favourite Zimmer score!
    I am extremely serious.
  7. I love it too. The theme, oh the theme smile

And the coherent atmosphere. Waters of Irrawaddy always gets me with its safe "Come to me" approach.

It was one of their last 4 copies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I love it too. The theme, oh the theme smile

And the coherent atmosphere. Waters of Irrawaddy always gets me with its safe "Come to me" approach.

It was one of their last 4 copies.

So you already owned it?
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Kind of, yes wink
  9. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I've been away for a couple of weeks. Any speciality label releases worth picking up?

Sorry, they all sold out a day later -- you missed them all.
  10. justin boggan wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I've been away for a couple of weeks. Any speciality label releases worth picking up?

Sorry, they all sold out a day later -- you missed them all.

biggrin

Good one, Justin!

I've had a look around at the various releases and, thankfully, there was nothing that I really wanted. Christian at Chris' Soundtrack Corner was kind enough to hold back on shipping Spartacus until after I returned from holiday. So, I'm looking forward to getting this in a few days.

Just bought Tyler's The Expendables.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2010 edited
    Some purchases, review copies and some gifts:

Yury Poteyenko - Chelovek-veter
    Yury Poteyenko - Georg
    Yury Poteyenko - Vanechka
    Yury Poteyenko - Sea Dogs
    Yury Poteyenko - Age of Pirates : Caribbean Tales
    Yury Poteyenko - Ironiya Sudby. Prodolzhenie
    Ivan Burlaev - Pushkin: Poslednyaya Duel
    Ivan Burlaev - My Iz Budushchego
    Chen Ming Chang - Maboroshi no hikari
    Philippe Sarde - Beau Pere
    Paul Misraki - Les Musiques De Paul Misraki
    Tonton David, Manu Katché & Geoffrey Oryema - Un Indien Dans La Ville
    Hans Zimmer - Nine Months
    Pino Donaggio - Never Talk to Strangers (3 cues)
    George Fenton - Groundhog Day
    John Williams - Amistad
    John Williams - The Phantom Menace
    tomandandy - Resident Evil: Afterlife
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2010 edited
    A bit of a game bag:

Halo 3 - Martin O'Donnell & Michael Salvatori
    Halo 3: ODST - Martin O'Donnell & Michael Salvatori
    Halo Legends - Martin O'Donnell & Michael Salvatori (and others)
    Halo Reach - Martin O'Donnell & Michael Salvatori
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2010
    Oh noes! I broke down and purchased the Delerue 6CD-box, even if means living on bread and water for a week. It was 45 Euros including shipping in a Amazon store offer, and as another member at FSM started ordering one of the three sets available, I felt pushed into buying it. It's not a bad price, of course, but it's a lot for someone in my situation. I'd rather spend such money on dinners or even a travel fund, but oh well....at least it's top music!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You have purchased...wisely cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    You have purchased...wisely cool

I BETTER have!

No, I'm quite confident I have. It was the no. 1 item on my very small want list (basically that box, some Zimmers and eveything unreleased by Williams, Elfman and Goldenthal).
    I am extremely serious.
  11. EDITED
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2010
    I just got word that my Doctor Who - Series 4 : The Specials double CD has been shipped !
    Can't wait to drop it into my player !
  12. Eric wrote
    I just got word that my Doctor Who - Series 4 : The Specials double CD has been shipped !

Silva Screen have been saying that they would ship so that the CD would be delivered on the day of release. Did you order it directly from them?
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Eric wrote

Silva Screen have been saying that they would ship so that the CD would be delivered on the day of release. Did you order it directly from them?

Normally I buy directly from Silva Screen but I ordered it through Play this time Alan .
    Have you ordered it as well ?
    The Doctor Who - Series 5 CD is coming up in november as well .
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2010 edited
    I will be getting this one - really looking forward to it. I'm torn between physical CD and mp3 download. I'd be interested to hear what the booklets like in terms of additional information on the score.

I'm actually looking forward to the music for series 5 after having a good listen to some of the relevant tracks from the recent Prom concert.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2010 edited
    I always buy the physical CD . I love to browse through the booklet and stuff . Once I've received it , I'll let you know what's actually in this one Alan . Looking forward to the series 5 CD as well , though I'm still not a great fan of the new show . The music still rocks ! wink
  13. I do enjoy browsing through booklets as well. But a lot of the recent releases' information ranges from being very basic (e.g., Varese's standard releases) through to the lavishness of the LOTR releases/FSM/Intrada (sometimes), etc. Silva's notes on the Doctor Who series are better than most but aren't "essential".

I will be interested to hear what's in the booklet.