• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Yeah, it's possible he didn't have much to work with, considering Shymalan's output...
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    The Last Airbender - Newton Howard

Cool overall, but it's kinda generic...

It's okay but I expected more.

Really? I think it is one of the best scores of the year. Give it a few more listens. It definitely might grow on you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    CHRISTOPHE BECK - Phoebe in Wonderland

Quite charming and particularly pleasant listen to go by calm Sunday morning along my newspaper reading (although what i read in there every Sunday makes me feel nothing similar to "calm" but that's another thing).
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Poltergeist - Jerry Goldsmith

One of Jerry's landmark scares... uhm sorry, scores!

What a way to begin the sunday with. punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Haha, for me, it's more a score to end a day with cool
    (not something I listen to in broad daylight wink).
  3. Beginning with such raw power and emotion gives me strength for the rest of the day. beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote

Yeah, if you're Lucifer's son
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    HANS ZIMMER / NICK GLENNIE SMITH - little polar bear 2

Charming, fun, beautiful main theme.
  4. The Horsemen - James Horner

I bought the video / audio release of this and I edited the two tracks together into one brilliant 16 minute suite. This is Horner in his 90s mode when he was still at the top of his game and I love every second of it!! punk
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Yeah, if you're Lucifer's son

devil
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Panthera wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

Really? I think it is one of the best scores of the year. Give it a few more listens. It definitely might grow on you.

I think I've already played it enough. It's not a bad score, just very ordinary.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Predators - John Debney

My action fix of the day, and it tastes good! lick

By far the best Silvestri hommage by someone other than Silvestri. Debney does know very well how to mimic the fantastic sound on the first Predator.

In short: IT KICKS ASS !!!! punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    conan CONAN CONAN CONAN
    Kazoo
  7. Oh that does too !!! But I don't have it yet. angry
  8. Timmer wrote
    Panthera wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

I think I've already played it enough. It's not a bad score, just very ordinary.

I agree, but "Earthbenders" is pretty awesome.
  9. Julie & Julia - Desplat

A delightful little score that's impossible to listen to without smiling. But I think I've listened to enough Desplat to know that I prefer his heavier material.
  10. ^^ Like this...

Un Prophete - Desplat

Underrated and underappreciated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2010 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Predators - John Debney

By far the best Silvestri hommage by someone other than Silvestri. Debney does know very well how to mimic the fantastic sound on the first Predator.

[edit]
    I found it terribly generic. As the case with most of his post-POTC music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2010
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    ^^ Like this...

Un Prophete - Desplat

I've seen the movie (have you? it's definitely recommended) and fell in love with the score since i observed its functions within the movie; it truly is a captivating ork.
  11. Christodoulides wrote

I found it terribly generic. As the case with most of his POTC music.

I thought you liked his PASSION THE CHRIST music?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sorry, forgot a "-post". See what a great difference a small word makes? shame
  12. Christodoulides wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    ^^ Like this...

Un Prophete - Desplat

I've seen the movie (have you? it's definitely recommended) and fell in love with the score since i observed its functions within the movie; it truly is a captivating work.

I have not seen the movie yet, but I will. I've been making a point to see the films Desplat has scored, to see how they work with the images.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    conan CONAN CONAN CONAN

BY CROM!

Listening to the kind of fantasy score such as The Last Airbender is incredibly feeblistic in comparison.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: CUTTHROAT ISLAND - JOHN DEBNEY

I'm pulling an all-nighter to try and get my sleeping pattern back to something decent. Music like this certainly helps!

punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk

sleep
  13. Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Predators - John Debney

[edit]
    I found it terribly generic. As the case with most of his post-POTC music.

Anything that resembles the composing style of when Silvestri was wrote one of his best action scores, is anything but generic for me. That's what surprised me the most. If I didn't know any better I'd say it was Alan himself having penned Predators.

It's no Lair, but I think it rocks nonetheless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2010 edited
    TREVOR RABIN - the scorserer's apprentice

A decision i quickly regret.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    TREVOR RABIN - the scorserer's apprentice

A decision i quickly regret.

It's not too late D, put on some Yared, Delerue, Barry, Desplat.... Quickly! Those bad notes must be banished.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I put on something better EL CID, the re-recording. Absolutely fantastic, breathtaking stuff.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I put on something better EL CID, the re-recording. Absolutely fantastic, breathtaking stuff.

A wise choice indeed! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    Anything that resembles the composing style of when Silvestri was wrote one of his best action scores, is anything but generic for me. That's what surprised me the most. If I didn't know any better I'd say it was Alan himself having penned Predators.

I think Debney did an excellent job on Predators by utilizing Silvestri's theme and motifs while injecting his own personality into the score and adding some extra colors and elements to Silvestri's already iconic style and sound for the series.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!