• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2011
    sdtom wrote
    Still working on my King's Speech review thus I'm listening to it yet again. Right now it is the second movement of the 7th Symphony of Beethoven.

Is the Beethoven used in the score or is it another recording?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas inspired me to play

JAVIER NAVARRETTE - Fireflies in the garden

Heartbreaking.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    FINALLY wink
  1. ARMAGEDDON (COMPLETE) - TREVOR RABIN & HARRY GREGSON-WILLIAMS

Over two hours long, I always find this an exhilarating listen, I like this even more than The Rock, of which Armageddon mimics the overall sound. Well it wouldn't be a MV score if it wasn't mimicking something else. The themes are simplistic yet awesome in their own way. As far as C&C scores go, this is one of my favourites.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. DreamTheater wrote
    ARMAGEDDON (COMPLETE) - TREVOR RABIN & HARRY GREGSON-WILLIAMS

Over two hours long, I always find this an exhilarating listen, I like this even more than The Rock, of which Armageddon mimics the overall sound. Well it wouldn't be a MV score if it wasn't mimicking something else. The themes are simplistic yet awesome in their own way. As far as C&C scores go, this is one of my favourites.

The only MV score I really love. By the way, why the chorus always sings "hymenou"?
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    PATRICK DOYLE - wah wah

His best score to date. Gorgeous, really gorgeous.

Some great moments, but not all that interesting really. Henry V is more inspiring and emotional than this.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    DreamTheater wrote

punk punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  4. DreamTheater wrote

there is material on that double CD that deserved to be released on the original release, so yeah there's great stuff there punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    yonythemoony wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

The only MV score I really love. By the way, why the chorus always sings "hymenou"?

I always thought it was "Agnus Dei" that they were singing.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    PATRICK DOYLE - wah wah

Some great moments, but not all that interesting really. Henry V is more inspiring and emotional than this.

That's a great score too, same as NOUVELLE FRANCE which is pretty underrated; but wah-wah's last 4 cues are clear winners, very emotional and melodic.
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    PATRICK DOYLE - wah wah

That's a great score too, same as NOUVELLE FRANCE which is pretty underrated; but wah-wah's last 4 cues are clear winners, very emotional and melodic.

Indochine is most inspiring and emotional than Henry V.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  6. After the bombastic Armageddon come the majestic

BACKDRAFT (HANS ZIMMER)

It blows my mind every time!!!! But somehow a mere 30 minutes of score don't cut it, however it makes for a short but VERY powerful score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's a great score indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    KevinSmith wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    PATRICK DOYLE - wah wah

Indochine is most inspiring and emotional than Henry V.

"St Crispin's Day - The Battle of Agincourt" trumps all!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2011 edited
    Ha! I knew Erik would put his two cents here. And I totally agree. beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    After the bombastic Armageddon come the majestic

BACKDRAFT (HANS ZIMMER)

It blows my mind every time!!!! But somehow a mere 30 minutes of score don't cut it, however it makes for a short but VERY powerful score.

Great score! i could do without the songs though vomit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. I like the songs! Though I have them in my "pop songs" playlists rather than "soundtracks".
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  8. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I like the songs! Though I have them in my "pop songs" playlists rather than "soundtracks".

I like the songs too, though I wished to have a lot more music from Zimmer in the end
  9. Me too. But is there much more?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  10. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Me too. But is there much more?

there are definitely moments, like the first real fire scene in the film (with the collapsing floor)
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas inspired me to play

JAVIER NAVARRETTE - Fireflies in the garden

Heartbreaking.

I love this score, it's gorgeous!
  11. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

there is material on that double CD that deserved to be released on the original release, so yeah there's great stuff there punk

ASCAP credits some material (most notably Asteroid Chase/Shuttle Crash) to Hans Zimmer and John van Tongeren and all material that features the Shuttle Crash themes is credited to Zimmer.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  12. FalkirkBairn wrote

10-15 minutes of notable material (first fire, the backdraft that burns one of the firemen, the fire truck accident among others are unreleased.
  13. In that case, bring on an expanded release asap.
  14. If Zimmer allows it, it would come faster than we'd think of!
  15. PawelStroinski wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

10-15 minutes of notable material (first fire, the backdraft that burns one of the firemen, the fire truck accident among others are unreleased.

Well I'd welcome a 50 minute (give or take) release for certain.

And while he's at it he can release the score of Thelma & Louise at the same time. smile
  16. WYATT EARP - JAMES NEWTON HOWARD

Seeing it is so loved here, I put this on. I haven't listened to this score a whole lot in my life, in fact it's only my second listen since getting it, but I had heard it before. The first 11 tracks are fantastic, then it dies down a bit with some occasional good moments. Having never seen the film, I can only assume the film takes on a more serious, darker tone later where the score isn't allowed to shine like in the first half. But what a brilliant first half it is... Kudos to JNH for continuing the ideas and style of music in The Postman, which I love even more than Wyatt Earp.
  17. "I Love Trouble (rejected; David Newman replaced)
    By: Elmer Bernstein

I recalled liking it the first anbd only time I really gave the score a chance, and now today after listening to about half the score, it's becoming (sans the iffy main title piece) one of my favorite Bernstein scores, and easily the best rejected score I have heard by him thus far.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    The Living Daylights - John Barry

Too bad Rykodisc can't put the CD in order.

Yeah, it's exactly the same with the remastered issue from 2003.

Personally it doesn't bother me.

It does me. Those Bond expansions are THE most disappointing expanded editions that I've got. They are scores I genuinely do want to have expanded versions of but they go and present them in ways which make no musical sense, and aren't in film order either! And then because some of the unreleased tracks are combined, you can't even (easily) reorder them yourself, though Living Daylights doesn't have that problem.
  18. NP: Lang's Memoirs - The Ghost Writer (Alexandre Desplat)

Gorgeous. By the way, the pizzicato and marimba motif reminds me of Julie's Theme, from Desplat's Julie & Julia.