• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Erik Woods wrote
    I don't want to derail this thread into a personal attack on Jordi but I did some rather friendly things for him three years ago on Facebook (helping him promote some Hans Zimmer pages and whatnot) and then he just turned on me. He started freaking out once because I didn't "LIKE" his English reviews or something along those lines. He would PM out of the blue with comments like... and this is word for word "I thought you readed my reviews in english and my mel wesson review..... sad(( you are one of the movie music fans I respect most." dizzy

He then started writing a lot of inappropriate things on my wall, especially on posts that composers could see. So I started deleting them. He had a hissy fit on me in a PM, said a lot of inappropriate things there as well. I had to block his stupid ass (and that wackadoodle Krisztina Lukácsi... that's another story) so I could just get rid of the filth on my Facebook feed.

He eventually quit MT, which was a Godsend, and life has been rather good... until today.

-Erik-

PS - An ignore button would come in handy right about now.

the problemis I said I didn't like the score for the "the impossible" in your wall and then you freak out. Why? I don't know. It was my opinion, not yours. So you could keep being an ass leaker.
    Don't worry, I'm far more mature than you are. wink I have no interest on you. :D
  2. By the way, Erik. What you just wrote about me now, was totally unnecessary. you started this time.
    I still remember all your attacks about my english 10 years ago, Be careful, this time...wink
    I have no intention on starting a war. I'm here to have fun. So, be advice, get out of my way.
    Let me enjoy of the rest of the forum!!!
    THANKS! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2016
    JordiVCecilia wrote
    Don't worry, I'm far more mature than you are.

So, be advice, get out of my way.

angry NOT the most auspicious, mature or "fun" kind of starts, Jordi.
    Tread carefully.

Take a breath guys, and play nice.
    I won't stand for any shenanigans that aren't entertaining.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Martijn wrote
    JordiVCecilia wrote
    Don't worry, I'm far more mature than you are.

So, be advice, get out of my way.

angry NOT the most auspicious, mature or "fun" kind of starts, Jordi.
    Tread carefully.

Take a breath guys, and play nice.
    I won't stand for any shenanigans that aren't entertaining.

Guys? Erik just wrote a really welcome letter to me. Maybe he should be the one who needs to take a breath. Right? I'm just responding to his unnecessary, late, attack.
    So, that's it. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    If someone annoys you, you can choose to NOT react.
    It's only an internet forum. Not a life choice.

This goes for EVERYONE, not just you, Jordi. Yes, perhaps there was no need for Erik dredging up the past like that, but there was no need for you to react in that way. Maturity is also knowing when to take a step back.

OK. Anyway. Feels like I'm "lecturing", and I don't enjoy that.
    Let's move on.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. ^ Hi hi. I do that drill every day. But that was my life choice and I don't regret it. smile

PS: Maybe I shouldn't have asked. I didn't intend to rekindle the wars of the past.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Maturity is also knowing when to take a step back.

Even if we disabrie on certain things, I'm sure we can all lighten up and be mature about it!
  5. Well, that was a bit cheesy, wasn't it?
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Gouda been, yeah.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ It's a regular thing when Jordi is around.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. Erik, calm down. It's been ages. Can't you give him a blank slate for now, at least?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2016
    Let's all take a step back and appreciate the fact there's a website called cheese.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2016 edited
    Nope. I don't detest too many people but what Jordi did to me, after all the things I did for him out of the kindness of my own stupid, naive heart, was unforgivable. The other person I can't stand is yonythemoony (aka Yonathan Vargas) Justin Boggan is also on my hit list but I've managed to ignore him around these parts.

I mean, I've had some heated exchanges here on MT but I'd gladly sit down and have a beer with each and everyone on them.... yes, even Thor. wink You'd think that if you can forgive Thor you can forgive anyone. tongue

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Let's all take a step back and appreciate the fact there's a website called cheese.com

I'm a huge fan of brie and blue. I had the best blue cheese I've ever tasted this past Christmas in Niagara wine country. Smooth and buttery. Paired BEAUTIFULLY with my ice wine! Spiced gouda is also a favourite. I like pairing that with a good Belgian brown ale.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anyway, it is clear that the majority of the people around here like Jordi. Cool beans. I'll steer clear of him. But I will call him out the moment he goes back to his old self!

Sorry to all MT folks for derailing this thread. I'll back off now!

beer

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I treated myself to some of this last year and it was truly spectacular.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ Good gravy! Yum!

Mine was the Celtic Blue

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Gouda been, yeah.

You roule.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    Anyway, it is clear that the majority of the people around here like Jordi. Cool beans. I'll steer clear of him. But I will call him out the moment he goes back to his old self

-Erik-

Someone should start a sweepstake.

The turn of events are likely to mean my frequency of visiting this thread has dropped significantly now. Maybe even the messageboard in general. Let's see how it goes.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    To be honest, I was fairly surprised to see you visiting this thread in the first place! wink

Me, I'm almost never here, simply because Zimmer doesn't do much for me these days.
    Last thing by him I really liked was Interstellar, although I hear good things mumbled about Kung Fu Panda 3 (the score, that is. As a film, well, for the life of me I cannot imagine that a second sequel milking a premise that was fairly amusing -but not more than that- for just ONE original movie would not just be a waste on every conceivable level... But I readily admit to not having any data -reviews, feedback or otherwise- to back that up, so I may be very wrong)
  8. Martijn wrote
    Last thing by him I really liked was Interstellar

In fairness, there haven't exactly been a lot of scores by him since then (and even those there have been were mostly by other people).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Shows you how well I'm paying attention. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Shows you how well I'm paying attention. smile

Nahh! It's just that "that" sound is so pervading it feels like he's written loads since Interstellar.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  9. Martijn wrote
    To be honest, I was fairly surprised to see you visiting this thread in the first place! wink

Whenever I come back to the 'board and see a topic with 10-20+ comments posted since the last time I visited, there's always a sense of dread...but an uncontrollable urge to check the topic.

Topics with this level of activity rarely contain anything of much interest
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Martijn wrote

Whenever I come back to the 'board and see a topic with 10-20+ comments posted since the last time I visited, there's always a sense of dread...but an uncontrollable urge to check the topic.

Topics with this level of activity rarely contain anything of much interest

Rarely happens with me, unless I've been away from the board for weeks. The main problem here (and really the only problem) is that the activity is too low, so I just need a minute or two every day to read everything, whatever it is. I'm not sure what we should do to inspire more activity -- we're enough people. People just need to stop having lives. smile
    I am extremely serious.
  10. This place is the complete opposite of the JWFAN forum. Way too much discussions there.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I could start some threads about the evil of religion, the wonderful fuzzy warmth of guns, how cartoons should be censored, how Trump is merely misunderstood, the need for an all-Asian Oscars ceremony and how this all ties into Hans Zimmer being the foremost and arguably the best composer in the world?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I can't tell you how much I want those threads to exist.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DreamTheater wrote
    This place is the complete opposite of the JWFAN forum. Way too much discussions there.

Agreed. And 95% of it is just 'drivel'. A healthy alternative would be somewhere inbetween.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    95% of it is just 'drivel'.

Ah, you must be a regular?