• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2015 edited
    Washu wrote
    Hans Zimmer worked with Jean-Michel Jarre on Jarre's upcoming album.

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLY9Lb0iEb4

Yeah, Zimmer posted a pic of him and JMJ on facebook a couple of years ago. That's when I knew something was happening.

Their collaboration will be released on the Vol. 2 of JMJ's Electronica album, in early 2016.

By the way, the clip above is pulled from a documentary on JMJ and this project that aired on ARTE last night. It's only available with French and German dubbing at the present time, but hopefully a version without the dub (and subtitles for the French dialogue) will be released later on. I tried to watch it with the French dub, but my French is too rusty to get all the details. So I found a German dub version, which I watched earlier today (and which have since been removed from Youtube). But the French dub version is still available in multiple parts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh0b-X3F4QU
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Wow, I missed that. I'll check arte's media library. Also there will be two volumes of Jarre's project? Double wow!

smile Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2015
    lp wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Well, this is a weird but rather awesome video (via Bregje)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mNMeBMslW8

Not weird, just awesome.

Fantastic! Someone make them do more!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    Wow, I missed that. I'll check arte's media library. Also there will be two volumes of Jarre's project? Double wow!

smile Volker

Yeah, lots of interesting collabs coming up. He will also be collaborating with David Lynch(!) on the second volume!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWashu
    Wonder if he considered Vangelis... he must have, but I don't think that will happen.

To stay more on topic, samples of Marr and Zimmer's Freeheld score are out - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015LJ2F34
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2015 edited
    Washu wrote
    Wonder if he considered Vangelis... he must have, but I don't think that will happen.

Yeah, I've been thinking the same, but alas, even if he HAD considered it, it would never happen, as you say. Vangelis has always been reclusive, but moreso now than ever. You could just as well ask the Pope to collaborate.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Jarre mentioned Vangelis very respectful sometime somewhere. Apparently they never met although Vangelis lived in Paris for quite a while. Vangelis' improvising approach is very different from Jarre's, who seems to construct his compositions very carefully.
    Vangelis is leading a secluded life. He seldom gives interviews or appears in public. Of course he collaborated with many artist in the past, but mostly vocal artists. The only collaboration with another synth maestro that I am aware of was with Neuronium.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    He really needs to get out more.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2015
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2015 edited
    Hans Zimmer Live tour in Europe
    http://www.harveygoldsmith.com/hans-zim … tour-2016/

Well, that sounds great!
    ALso in Brussels. 14 APril.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2015
    Bring ear plugs :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    It's in Brussels as well. 14 April.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'd certainly like to go, but it needs to be one of the cheaper locations (like London or Berlin), as there are no direct and cheap flights to the cities I'd really like to go to (and that I've never been to before) -- like Sofia, Bratislava and Zurich. Also, this concert was extremely expensive if judging by the prices last year, so I'm a bit worried about that too. Plus the fact that most of the concerts are in the middle of the week!?

But oh well....all these challenges aside, this is now on my official wish list for 2016.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorMilan NS
    Budapest for me I guess. Morricone in january, Zimmer in may, lovely-jubbly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2015 edited
    Yes, I hope the prices are a bit more modest...

Here's the official site
    http://www.hanszimmerlive.com

EDIT: Okay, they're not. 60EUR is the cheapest ticket. Madness.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I will go to Birmingham if the price is reasonable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Yes, I hope the prices are a bit more modest...

Here's the official site
    http://www.hanszimmerlive.com

EDIT: Okay, they're not. 60EUR is the cheapest ticket. Madness.

I see they're still operating with high end prices. Cripes!
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Think I'll have to go. At least the Birmingham or even the London gig.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  4. Oberhausen would be my choice. One hour by car.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    You lucky continental bastards!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yeah. For us its expansive but closeby.
    For you its cheap prices but far away.

The world is wrong.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2015
    For me it's close by and cheap....yet I will not go.
    Ha! Tremble beneath my postmodernist ironic scorn!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. Thor wrote

What about us North Americans?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2015 edited
    KevinSmith wrote
    Thor wrote

What about us North Americans?

Well, you get so many other things anyway (John Williams concerts etc.) that we don't get over here, so I don't feel too sorry for you. wink

Btw, some more ticket prices are up, and it seems like Brussels has the cheapest tickets at the moment. The others start at about 70 Euro upwards. I know Zimmer is big, but didn't expect him to be Michael Jackson-expensive....
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorMilan NS
    My guess is that Budapest tickets will be cheapest... as usual.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Does anyone know what the setlist was of the London shows he did? I'm guessing these will be quite similar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2015
    I'm in two minds about this one. It would be interesting to see Zimmer live, even if I'm not his biggest fan. But since it will be in Birmingham (which still amazes me), at least there will be no travel/accomodation costs. Which will still hopefully leave me with funds for the Tyler concert.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2015
    Indeed - will go to Birmingham even if the prices are high because it's so close, so no other expenses (a bit like Danny Elfman a couple of years ago). Have previously seen John Williams and John Barry in Birmingham so perhaps not so surprising that he would come (although they were in Symphony Hall, which is obviously more suited to an orchestra - the Elfman acoustics were awful at the NIA or whatever it's called now).
  6. Review of Hans' latest: "Kung Fu Panda 3" - http://wp.me/p3hOx4-Va
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  7. Surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!