• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. How ironic that Jordi hasn't been back 24 hours and already the Hans Zimmer thread has taken a massive uptick in activity. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2016 edited
    Lets not get this out of hand and focus on the composer and his scores.

Like ... does anyone look forward to Superman vs Badman?
    No is the right answer so no need to discuss.

What else?
    Hmm.

What's the next Nolan project?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2016
    Nincompoops look forward to Superman vs Badman.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bregt wrote
    Like ... does anyone look forward to Superman vs Badman?
    No is the right answer so no need to discuss.

I heard a 90 second preview of the score and I nearly threw up!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Thus far I'm not interested in the score. As to the film: The trailer gave me the creeps.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Film looks like dog shit!

Suicide Squad FTW!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I think millions will be killed in that movie due to explosions and buildings thrown onto other buildings.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Certain elements have me intrigued, the whole Superman v Batman thing and I have to ( begrudgingly ) admit Ben Aflickted looks very good in the role but as more trailers have been released it is looking seriously over-egged by introducing Wonderwoman, Aquaman and that 'whatever it's called' that "killed" Superman in the comics. Marvel layered their groundwork exceptionally well in developing its universe for the big screen and this looks as if DC is trying to play catch-up.

As for the score I have very little interest. I would love to be surprised but expect to be disappointed.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorLars
    Bregt wrote

What's the next Nolan project?

hans is already collecting ideas for nolans Dunkirk. the WW II setting could be interesting.
  3. It looks exactly like the previous entry (Man of Steel, which I hate with a passion)... so this one won't even enter my frame of mind when looking for films to see. Besides I'm sick and tired of that dark and gritty look and atmosphere. Not to mention it probably will be another CGI-filled mess of vomit-inducing proportions.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    it is looking seriously over-egged by introducing Wonderwoman, Aquaman and that 'whatever it's called' that "killed" Superman in the comics

No. NO. NOOOOOO. DON'T tell me they're introducing Doomsday?
    The shittiest villain EVER, even in the comics, who was only even ever invented because they needed a villain to kill Superman: never seen before, walks in, kills Superman, end of story (sort of. Of course Supes wasn't REALLY dead. But anyway. It even made the news. Globally.)

I thought this film was going down the Frank Miller path, pitting Supes versus Bats in a clash of egos and philosophies (which WORKS for me...except this "Superman" seems to have fuck-all to do with the sanctity of life and everything with bruised ego, neuroses, daddy issues and adolescent hangups, which actually kinda makes me root for the Bat! Take this f*cker OUT!).

Marvel layered their groundwork exceptionally well in developing its universe for the big screen and this looks as if DC is trying to play catch-up.

Teh feels. TEH FEELS!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah, Doomsday, that's it. Putting on a distinct Abomination ( from The Incredible Hulk ) vibe.

Here's the trailer if you want to see it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yViIi3gie2c
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's kind of a ...Thing...zilla. slant

...And how did Jimmy Olsen turn into Lex Luthor?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    ...And how did Jimmy Olsen turn into Lex Luthor?

lol

Geekification....nay good.

I always saw Lex as more Telly Savales in Blofeld mold.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I liked Telly Savalas in his visiting Birmingham mode.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    I always saw Lex as more Telly Savales in Blofeld mold.

THAT would have been EXCELLENT casting. Savalas would have NAILED it.
    Alas.
    Wrong era.
    Who loves ya, baby?

Southall wrote
    I liked Telly Savalas in his visiting Birmingham mode.

Bald Brummies? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    My word.
    He must have been paid a fortune.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    I believe it was Timmer who first pointed this out to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EGWCG8fq9A

....and yet people celebrate the past.

Good grief.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    In my time, the past used to be much better. :-(
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Is your time yet to come?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Has...? No, I'm sticking with 'is'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Are you sure? "Has Zimmer" sounds much better.
  4. Has Zimmer

Will rent?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2016
    As Han once said, He who hands Zimmer the project certainly gives Hans a helping hand. (I hope this is on-topic enough for Bregt, now that the Jordi debacle has zimmered down.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    What am I missing in the Kung Fu Panda 3 score?
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The same thing that I am, evidently.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    What am I missing in the Kung Fu Panda 3 score?
    Tom

John Powell.

-Erik-
  5. yeah

Not that I've heard the score...I just approve that message. biggrin