• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2015
    I also thought that scene was too much. Horrible and stupid, but I guess it will have a sick "purpose" for what happened in the last scene of the season. [spoiler]I guess her death might bring Snow alive via the crazy red woman (I hate her) instead of the expected victory for the burned child's father... Her death will not be for nothing, but I dispise it if that'll be the case anyway.[/spoiler]
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote

That said, I haven't seen season 5 yet!

Ah. I'm really talking about season 5 (and one of its scenes in particular).

I didn't have many issues with any of the preceeding seasons, although in hindsight I think my latest sentiment had been building up. Had they omitted that particular scene, I would still have found this a very weak and lazily written season, but I wouldn't have been as annoyed as I am now.
    It just really opened my eyes to the fact that much of the 'grim & grit' in FACT was (very) simplistic shock effect without narrative purpose.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. I was bored and because they were on telly watched the first three Star Trek films. They were okay. I wouldn't buy them but i'd veg in front of them again if they were on TV. The music was obviously ace.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    There has never been a great Star Trek film. And I'm a Trekkie. (Well, more a lapsed Trekkie. I mostly follow it for the women.)
  2. Deanna Troi? Seven of Nine? Uhura? Christine Chapel? Some green Orion slave girl? Or would you rather be the salve of Catherine Janeway? wink

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    He likes that one from Undiscovered Country played by Iman who could change into anything.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. biggrin The possibilities! Endless possibilities!
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    Watched The Rocketeer. The film was okay, nothing special. Horner's score was entertainingly grand.
  4. Mad Max Fury Road. I was never a Mad Max fan, and wasn't interested in seeing this until the (i think) second trailer with the Dies Irae music in it, which i thought was an almost perfect trailer. The films is itself is great fun and looks spectacular. It's like watching a 2 hour Heavy Metal strip. I thought Hardy was great as Max and Theron was top notch as Furiosa. Lots of great practical stunts and effects, and just a good time. A 2 hour car chase is usually the kind of film i would despise but i'd watch another. I cannot imagine the logistical nightmares of having to make this film, they deserve an award just for that.
  5. wrong thread
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2015
    Godzilla (2014). Was kinda boring, actually. It takes forever to get going and even once the mayhem starts, I felt a bit indifferent because there was no one to care about. Granted, a common problem with this type of movie. Desplat's score was good but thematically barren. I did like some of its effects, like screaming, isolated brass blasts during some of the final battles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Boring! Crikey.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Josh B wrote
    Godzilla (2014). Was kinda boring, actually. It takes forever to get going and even once the mayhem starts, I felt a bit indifferent because there was no one to care about. Granted, a common problem with this type of movie. Desplat's score was good but thematically barren. I did like some of its effects, like screaming, isolated brass blasts during some of the final battles.

The film wasn't good... I'm with you there... but Desplat's score was spectacular!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2015 edited
    Josh B wrote

The film was one of my top favourites from last year. Absolutely fantastic stuff -- especially the way Edwards incorporated almost an arthouse aesthetic to the tempo of the film in many sequences, allowing us to gaze upon the monsters and their surroundings from a distance, in a static shot (a bit like Antonioni, as strange as that may sound). I've never seen anything like it in a monster movie before, except maybe Edwards' own MONSTERS (which was also fantastic) and I was totally sold from the get-go. Can't wait to see what he'll do with STAR WARS.

The music was fine in context, but like most Desplat I wouldn't want to listen to it alone.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. I think Godzilla 1998 is a lot more entertaining than the new one. A true guilty pleasure, even if it's not a true godzilla film.

I didn't give a rat's ass about the new's one cast, and Desplat's score got on my nerves fast because of its monotonous sound.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Godzilla 1998

David Arnold's score is good.

The End
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I take it it's on the tellybox?
  7. Godzilla 1998: Wrong title, great film. Outstanding score.

Godzilla 2014: No film because there is nearly nothing to see. But it's a good audio drama. Equally outstanding score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Not as far as I know? I was pointing out that Arnold's score was the only good thing about the 98 film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Not as far as I know? I was pointing out that Arnold's score was the only good thing about the 98 film.

The title ain't bad either.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2015 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    I think Godzilla 1998 is a lot more entertaining than the new one. A true guilty pleasure, even if it's not a true godzilla film.

I didn't give a rat's ass about the new's one cast, and Desplat's score got on my nerves fast because of its monotonous sound.

I love the Emmerich GODZILLA too, but for very different reasons.

How lucky am I to like BOTH of those films? Seems like for the rest of you, it's either/or.

Never cared much for the old ones, though.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    But it is a well known fact you have no taste.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    He knows.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Oooohhh, sorry. I didn't read the previous comments. dizzy

Yeah, no. If you think '98 'Zilla is a 'great' film, I will happily pay for your CAT scan. You need help.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    How lucky am I to like BOTH of those films? Seems like for the rest of you, it's either/or.

I have no doubt delusions are comforting.
  8. 98 Godzilla isn't a great film, but it's fun in a put your brain in neutral way. It does not take itself seriously, which in this age of seriousness is a huge plus.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    DreamTheater wrote
    98 Godzilla isn't a great film

Up until there I kinda agreed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I believe the technical term for it is "total bag of shite"
  9. Well during my absence I had forgotten this was a board chock-full of cynics and serious people.

It's good to be back... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Indeed. These guys wouldn't know a wellcrafted adventure romp if it bit them in the ass!
    I am extremely serious.