• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I love the Lego movie! And I didn't even play with Legos much as a kid. Those two writer/directors are super clever. I also found their first animated film, CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS,great fun.
  2. JUSTIFIED season 6. Not as good as the other seasons, but wraps up nicely. A generally good show with some great moments and excellent actors giving us memorable characters. Just wish a couple of the long term sidekicks had been more fleshed out. Luckily, with my memory i'll be able to start re-watching it from season 1 in about 6 months.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2015
    Love JUSTIFIED. Glad they got to wrap it up, which is more than can be said about most tv shows I love these days.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Jupiter Ascending

I thoroughly enjoyed this space opera. Magical music. Stunning visuals. The acting is as good as is possible in a story as foreseeable as the procedure of a Catholic mass. Yeah, the story is the weak point here. If you are a fan of the genre you have seen and read variations of this story a few dozen times before. Didn't bother me a bit. It's a formula story but the formula works for me. And Michael Giacchino isn't the new John Williams. He's the new Miklos Rozsa.

smile Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2015
    Captain Future wrote
    Jupiter Ascending
    And Michael Giacchino isn't the new John Williams. He's the new Miklos Rozsa.

I don't want to start an argument or something, but I'm REALLY interested how you came to that, to me, very puzzling qualification.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Just out of a whim really. The grandness and boldness of the music does remind me of Golden Age scoring rather than the Silver Age. Take Rozsa's name as a random pars pro toto.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I don't hear it.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah, no. He's not the new anything. He's the current Giacchino.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Mad Max Fury Road

How refreshing it is to see so many practical effects, and good use of CG. This is pretty damn perfect. 10 out of 10. Can't imagine any film topping this this year. Star Wars is the only film I can think of that might potentially match this for sheer thrill and entertainment.
  5. Superb filmmaking.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2015
    Indeed. It's as though George Miller finally got sick of all these CGI, designed-by-committee wankfests and decided to show them how it's done. It's masterfully made.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    JUPITER ASCENDING was awful. MAD MAX was brilliant. These are the facts.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Those facts are restricted to the borders of Norway. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Captain Future wrote
    Those facts are restricted to the borders of Norway. smile

http://tinyurl.com/on7kkhf
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  7. Martijn wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Those facts are restricted to the borders of Norway. smile

http://tinyurl.com/on7kkhf

Is that 403 intentional?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No. Hotlinking issue. Ugh.

It was supposed to show something like this.
  8. Martijn wrote
    No. Hotlinking issue. Ugh.

It was supposed to show something like this.

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    JUPITER ASCENDING was awful. MAD MAX was brilliant. These are the facts.

I don't agree with your facts that much, Thor, but you are spot on with this one!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  9. I'm afraid I haven't seen any Mad MAX film so far. Somehow this apparent mixture of post-apocalyptic freak show and road movie never triggered my interest.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nor has a mixture of poorly-written, badly-acted, ham-fisted, CGI-saturated garbage triggered ours.
  10. Such is life.
  11. Captain Future wrote
    I'm afraid I haven't seen any Mad MAX film so far. Somehow this apparent mixture of post-apocalyptic freak show and road movie never triggered my interest.

Volker

Ah, finally someone qualified to compare the two movies. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  12. confused Didn't say a word about Mad Max.
  13. Captain Future wrote
    The acting is as good as is possible

shocked lol

Captain Future wrote
    And Michael Giacchino isn't the new John Williams. He's the new Miklos Rozsa.

omg
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2015
    Watched Krull on Blu-ray with a couple of friends in honor of Horner. It's certainly not the best film Horner had ever scored but it certainly is (arguably) one of his finest scores. I love his early scores. And this is just wonderful! So fun and enthusiastically written and performed. Yet surprisingly, with all the fantastic, moving tributes for Horner this past week the name Krull has rarely (if at all) been mentioned. Is that simply because of the film the score belongs to?
    It's truly one of my very favorite soundtracks, one that I've adored since I first bought the LP back in 83.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2015 edited
    Dude, I've been wanting to watch that film for a while now. Would you say that the score makes it more fun, awesome, like a guilty pleasure of sorts? The music may very well be Horner's own version of Star Wars (in terms of scope and themes), but I doubt the film is of that timeless quality.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Oh yeah, for sure Horner's score makes the film far more enjoyable than it would've been had someone else scored it. And despite its obvious flaws the film is quite a fun ride at times. The score is so grand and epic in scope. More so than the film it was written for.
  14. DreamTheater wrote
    Dude, I've been wanting to watch that film for a while now. Would you say that the score makes it more fun, awesome, like a guilty pleasure of sorts? The music may very well be Horner's own version of Star Wars (in terms of scope and themes), but I doubt the film is of that timeless quality.

it's not a good film, but the stunning music made it bearable.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Every time I've watched KRULL I've enjoyed it! Sure it isn't a great film but it is a lot of fun.

Is the score awesome? No! It is UBER-AWESOME and can be specifically defined as irrefutable fact!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor wrote
    Found Lego boring.

I did just see this.

You get a formal warning. A next one means you are banned. Unacceptable really.
    Kazoo