• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. LLLR is reporting at the FSM board that there are about 150 copies left of "I.Q. / Seconds".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009
    I'm pleased it's selling out even though I didn't get it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Me neither.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. shows you that even the lesser Goldsmith efforts are appreciated over today's mainstream music
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. Another small update of Goldsmith soundtracks:

- Bad Girls
    - The Blue Max
    - The 'Burbs
    - Chain Reaction
    - Not Without my Daughter

Enjoy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2009
    I seem to have seen 73 films which were scored by Goldsmith, including every one from The River Wild (in 1994) onwards. I can't believe there's any other composer where that total would be nearly so high (at a guess, Williams would be in second place). I think there are (excluding episodes of tv series) 196 Goldsmith-scored films and tv movies in total, so I still have a long way to go...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    I seem to have seen 73 films which were scored by Goldsmith, including every one from The River Wild (in 1994) onwards. I can't believe there's any other composer where that total would be nearly so high (at a guess, Williams would be in second place). I think there are (excluding episodes of tv series) 196 Goldsmith-scored films and tv movies in total, so I still have a long way to go...

That would be an interesting "stats" topic too, how many of a composer's films we've seen. I'm in the process right now of trying to track down and watch all the films and TV work of Williams, Elfman and Goldenthal.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    Southall wrote

That would be an interesting "stats" topic too, how many of a composer's films we've seen. I'm in the process right now of trying to track down and watch all the films and TV work of Williams, Elfman and Goldenthal.

I was originally going to start such a topic - but then realised I couldn't be bothered to add them all up at the moment! My intention was to contrast my two favourite film composers - since I've seen so many Goldsmith-scored films but very, very few Morricone-scored ones (and yet there are more Morricone albums in my collection than anything else).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Thor wrote
    Southall wrote

I was originally going to start such a topic - but then realised I couldn't be bothered to add them all up at the moment! My intention was to contrast my two favourite film composers - since I've seen so many Goldsmith-scored films but very, very few Morricone-scored ones (and yet there are more Morricone albums in my collection than anything else).

Mind if I start one, then?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Well, I say why not!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I object!
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    Mind if I start one, then?

Be my guest!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2009
    Erik Woods wrote

I object!

You always does that. Moreover, you are here for that only.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

I object!

You always does that. Moreover, you are here for that only.

And again you prove that you have no sense of humor and really have no idea what's going on here at this message board. Go away Troll!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    And again you prove that you have no sense of humor and really have no idea what's going on here at this message board. Go away Troll!

-Erik-

You first go away, asshole! i didn't write that message with any humor. I wrote it with such a seriousness. You always have guilty pleasure in finding fault with others. You are not even matured enough to understand basic things of life. I think you are completely uncivilized. To my eyes, you are RACIST. Just go to hell. Don't pretend as if you are the nicest guy, i know you very well. You just keep on irritating and annoying, asshole.

I have never met or heard person like you. Don't even call yourself as human being. You completely bunch of shit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Sunil,
    That is totally uncalled for. If you're angry at someone for whatever reason, taking it out on them with personal attacks is a bad idea. Keep things civil and if you cannot, then step away from the discussion.

Here's a thought. Do you remember when you posted an apology saying that you'll stick to discussions only about music henceforth? For the brief period when you followed that, you might have realized that you did not cause or get any trouble. It should be obvious to you by now that you have a difficulty in comprehending some of the humor and sarcasm in the banter here. Just avoid getting into trouble with such things.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2009 edited
    Dear god Sunil! angry angry angry

What you just said is ridiculous and very rude. Erik was sarcastic/ironic when he said "I object", meaning he sure liked the idea, or couldn't be bothered.

Such language as yours is not tolerated here. Control yourself, will you.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    applause

SUNIL, THAT WAS PURE GOLD! A Racist?! lol Wow! Just wow!

fireworks

-Erik-

PS - BTW, I'm guilty as charged... I'm a... pfffffft... complete... pfffffft..... bunch of... snicker, snicker... shit. BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Bregt wrote

Control yourself, will you.

Of course, i will. smile beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    Bregt wrote

Control yourself, will you.

Of course, i will. smile beer

Thanks for the apology. rolleyes

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Sigh. I guess he doesn't know he was completely out of line and rude?

You do know that Sunil?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    I do know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    I do know.

And...

-Erik-
  5. Who is this impersonator that is attacking people, and why has the real one, the friendly one, gone away? These are the questions I need answered.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I have no idea. Sunil is mostly relaxed and friendly, and then he does these types of posts. rolleyes slant
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    DreamTheater wrote
    Who is this impersonator that is attacking people, and why has the real one, the friendly one, gone away? These are the questions I need answered.

Sunil has been reading Jordi´s posts from the times of Movie Music message board. He has been corrupted, repeat, Sunil has been corrupted. I request immediate quarantine.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    lol i have never visited to Movie Music message board. However, let me not waste time on this silly issue.

Last weekend, i saw Air Force One, i just enjoyed Goldsmith score. It was wonderful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    However, let me not waste time on this silly issue.

Suuuuuuure... let's completely forget that you called me an asshole, a racist, irritating, annoying and best of all a "bunch of shit." Thanks for being a man, admitting your mistakes and making a formal apology, Sunil. rolleyes

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    [mod note]

Sunil, that was outrageous and totally uncalled for. Please consider this as the last warning after which i'll personally propose your banning from the website. WHY? Read the following paragraph and PLEASE, be calm, polite and civil for once and try to understand the community's reaction.

You cannot insult, name-call and reduce anyone who teases you like this. You simply can't.

Either LET GO, or otherwise you must PRESENT CIVILIZED, MATURE AND POLITE ARGUMENTS AND ACTUALLY DEBATE WITH THE OTHER PARTY on whether you feel attacked or insulted and WHY this is, a case in which - allow me to say, your reaction was totally uncalled for.If you don't understand something due to language or cultural barriers or any other similar factors, PLEASE TRY TO UNDERSTAND IT VIA ASKING POLITELY OR WITH YOUR CIVILIZED ARGUMENTS BEFORE YOU RESORT TO RUDE NAME CALLING AND INSULTS or else you'll probably find yourself in trouble.

Now, you really have to apologize to Erik for this. You'll either choose to do it in private manners if you will, or more preferably here in public. Why is that? 'CAuse whatever anyone does in life to annoy you (and believe me this is nothing compared to life outside internet situations) you simply can't let yourself go over the top like this and resort to name-calling and such idiotic, immature behavior.

I won't delete the comments 'cause it's something that i want to use as an example in the forum, and also don't want to be forgotten 'cause such behavior in a civilized society as ours here, WON'T BE TOLERATED.

* If you feel you're being isolated and we unfair towards you, please take a step back and OBSERVE the rest of the community's reactions and interactions on everyday basis. You'll see that what i adviced you above, ALSO APPLIES TO US ALL.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.