• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008
    Antineutrino wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Antineutrino wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I think the commas are stressing the separation enough....i'd not believe that you actually enlist Tyler and - especially Beltrami as Zimmer clones.

No, I actually meant Beltrami, Tyler and Zimmer clones. Of course they aren't ones.

So the film hasn´t already been shot, and you can already see how is it gonna be / how is it gonna sound? Now that´s what I call watching the future rolleyes

We'll speak again in 2009...

Deal wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Marselus wrote
    Antineutrino wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I think the commas are stressing the separation enough....i'd not believe that you actually enlist Tyler and - especially Beltrami as Zimmer clones.

No, I actually meant Beltrami, Tyler and Zimmer clones. Of course they aren't ones.

So the film hasn´t already been shot, and you can already see how is it gonna be / how is it gonna sound? Now that´s what I call watching the future rolleyes

Well... can you remember the last time you heard a score from a major studio release which didn't sound like you expected it to?

In this case, given Horner's past two scores for this director, I'd guess for something pretty low-key and pretty electronic. Hearing Horner go all-out apocalyptic on a horror movie would be something I would love to hear, but I can't see it on this (if indeed he does it - while Perelman might want to always work with Horner, it's not necessarily true the other way round - this is not the sort of film Horner seems to like doing any more).
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008 edited
    Antineutrino wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Horner on Poltergeist? That could be... something different. It certainly should, although I can totally envision what his version of a Caron Ann Theme would sound like...

This already the first mistake. If he'll score it (what I still doubt) than it will sound nothing like the Goldsmith score. Perelman doesn't like music like this.

I didn´t say it would sound like Goldsmith´s Caron Ann Theme. I said I think I know what it will sound like (anyone else thinking Fievel?).
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Vadim Perelman to Direct Poltergeist
    Source: MGM
    September 2, 2008

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures (MGM) has signed Vadim Perelman (House of Sand and Fog) to direct Poltergeist.

UGH! rolleyes

Good lord, WHY? There is no need to remake this classic. NO NEED.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    When people discover "needs" that urge them to make facebook into a movie, then i can assure you there WILL be needs to re-make every single damn film ever made too.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    So, when should we expect the remakes of Star Wars, Gone With The Wind, The Wizard of Oz, Casablanca and Citizen Kane to come out?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Star Wars i don't know, but Michael Bay could already be rubbing his hands on Gone with The wind after having done Pearl Harbor eheh biggrin Citizen Kane is too damn difficult to do and i'd be very surprised if The Wizard of Oz was to take a Guilermo DelToro spin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Imagine the remake of GONE WITH THE WIND with Russel Crowe leading and Steve Jablonsky scoring it biggrin or Ramin!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    So, when should we expect the remakes of Star Wars, Gone With The Wind, The Wizard of Oz, Casablanca and Citizen Kane to come out?

-Erik-

Ehmm!? Not seen THE WIZ then Erik? slant vomit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Well they are doing the remake of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show", so everything is possible.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Well they are doing the remake of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show", so everything is possible.

Hollywood's Well of ideas shows no sign of filling with water rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote

Hollywood's Well of ideas shows no sign of filling with water rolleyes

And the weirdest thing is that the MTV is producing the remake.
  1. Sooner or later we will get a seven-season TV series of Harry Potter...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Sooner or later we will get a seven-season TV series of Harry Potter...

biggrin

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Well, IMHO, it is a logical choice. A series would be much better suited to the structure of the saga. The budget can easily be big enough for the effects needed, because it will be a guaranteed world-world success, and on DVD as well. They could spread all the events of one book over a whole season, wouldn´t be forced to leave out stuff, and could flesh it out with nice additional stuff. It will happen, sooner or later, and if it falls to the BBC or Showtime or HBO it would actually have the quality needed to attract even Rowling to add some ideas. wink I would definitely want to see that thing.
  2. Well, I wonder when will they remake something by Louis Lumiere. They're not far from THAT biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008
    Harry Potter animated tv series. With a score by Tyler Bates.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008 edited
    Yay!! All for it!!! punk

A clue: No.

(Anyone else around this place watching BBC´s series of Robin Hood? We´re in the middle of Season 1 and having lots of fun so far. The mood constantly shifts between drama, fun, action, some ridiculous and some great scenes. We´re still not sure what to make out of it, but so far, it´s fun. And the score is GREAT.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Yay!! All for it!!! punk

A clue: No.

(Anyone else around this place watching BBC´s series of Robin Hood? We´re in the middle of Season 1 and having lots of fun so far. The mood constantly shifts between drama, fun, action, some ridiculous and some great scenes. We´re still not sure what to make out of it, but so far, it´s fun. And the score is GREAT.)

Hateithateithateit! slant

Politically correct junk with Robin never killing anyone ( in fact Robin's just there for pre-pubescent school girls to have the hots for ) and Keith Allen hamming it up as the Sheriff of Nottingham, this is bad bad bad bad and not even good bad.
  3. So it doesn´t get much better, huh?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    So it doesn´t get much better, huh?

Not in my opinion.

The 1980's HTV series Robin of Sherwood was far FAR better!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Timmer wrote
    The 1980's HTV series Robin of Sherwood was far FAR better!

I think that, beside Star Trek, that was the series that really got me into collecting stuff and into fantasy as a whole. I own nearly every version of it that´s out there, including the novels. smile That series probably defined my love for everything mystical / celtic. It certainly made me hunt down that Clannad album for ages, until it finally gut published. wink I´ve got a tower of printed stuff about that series back from the eighties, and fan stuff, too.

I´ve been a Robin Hood addict since childhood, I had a fantastic audio book, some great novels, and a huge paper castle from the Disney movie. But when Robin of Sherwood came out, it became - and still is - my most beloved version of the legend.

But I dig all versions which are out there, so I have to watch the BBC series just to see what they changed/added to the legend this time. As I said, I like some of it, and I´ll be there until the end, just out of curiosity.

...but I never watched that american series from the nineties. Holy shit, that looked REALLY awful.

Edit: Oh my gosh, I just noticed what topic we´re in. We really tend to get off around this place, don´t we? Well, since Zorro is a kind of modern Robin Hood, I guess this gets us back to...

...James Horner!

And to really add something new (or not): I´m really looking forward to Avatar. lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Maybe we could re-title it The NOT Talking about JAMES HORNER thread? wink

Ralph, I had the misfortune to see some of the US Robin Hood series....beyond dire! slant

Glad to hear you have such love for the 80's series beer

....I think that's enough.

Normal HORNER service may resume.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Normal HORNER service may resume.

He steals from himself!

He steals from the Russians!

He steals from Jerry Goldsmith!

I hate him because he thinks he's good!

His albums are too long!

His track titles are pretentious!

He was better in the old days!

OK?
  4. Back on track.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Southall wrote
    He steals from himself!

Why not if his stuff is so good?

He steals from the Russians!

There are worse choices.

He steals from Jerry Goldsmith!

There are incredibly worse choices.

I hate him because he thinks he's good!

I think he can live with that.

His albums are too long!

Nope. I love score CDs with 74+ minutes

His track titles are pretentious!

They are great. Gives you something to read while listening to the album.

He was better in the old days!

If he still steals from himself, the Russians, and Goldsmith, how could that possibly be?

OK?

Yeah, he´s OK!

tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    what does all of that mean?
    thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
  5. It means we just exchanged all possible opinions about Horner and can return to our nice little Robin Hood chat now. punk
  6. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  7. In Soviet Russia, James Horner criticizes YOU!
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.