• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009
    christopher wrote
    Man, what a year for Horner fans!

Honey I Shrunk The Kids, Something Wicked This Way Comes, The Journey Of Natty Gann
    .....and now Wrath Of Kahn!

What a year! WHAT A YEAR!!! cool
  1. And top it off with AVATAR... smile

Best Horner-year since 1995.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009 edited
    Indeed! A great year for us Horner fans.

STAR TREK II : THE WRATH OF KHAN

Holy shit! dizzy dizzy dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. !
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Atham wrote
    christopher wrote
    Man, what a year for Horner fans!

Honey I Shrunk The Kids, Something Wicked This Way Comes, The Journey Of Natty Gann
    .....and now Wrath Of Kahn!

What a year! WHAT A YEAR!!! cool
    DreamTheater wrote
    And top it off with AVATAR... smile

When you guys put it like that... well, let's just say I need to change my pants.
  3. Oh shit!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    And top it off with AVATAR... smile

He's been good plenty since then but yes, 1995 was an exceptional year for us Horner fans.
  4. It's amazing, jsut simply fucking amazing what the last three years have brought. And yet another title striked off my Holy Grail list.

Here's to hoping the sound qaulkity is better than the tin can sound of the GNP CD.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Excellent! punk
  5. justin boggan wrote
    It's amazing, jsut simply fucking amazing what the last three years have brought. And yet another title striked off my Holy Grail list.

Here's to hoping the sound qaulkity is better than the tin can sound of the GNP CD.

They did remaster it, the question is how much. And Justin, it's NOT limited smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    PawelStroinski wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    It's amazing, jsut simply fucking amazing what the last three years have brought. And yet another title striked off my Holy Grail list.

They did remaster it, the question is how much. And Justin, it's NOT limited smile

Check the clips. I think they did a pretty damn good job! (For example, compare the original end credits bonus clip to the remastered end credits clip.)
  6. Yeah, good thing it's not limited. I got money stored away for the limited CDs of the 4CD set of "The X-Files" later this year, one of the Varese Club CDs from this batch, what ever the next Varese Club batch brings, LLLR's new Universal connection, Intrada's Disney connection, the rumored coming of all three BTTF complete scores, the rumored coming of the complete "Spartacus", future FSM CDs ... and who knows what else. I may have to start skipping eating some days to afford the limiteds.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    justin boggan wrote
    I may have to start skipping eating some days to afford the limiteds.

Some of us did that a LONG time ago. (It's one of the explanations for my super-slim physique.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin How as it James? You had a great time recently i assume? kiss beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It was FANTASTIC! I'll write up a little report in the appropriate thread when I get round to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    PS - Thor: please for once keep your C&C comments to yourself. Let the rest of us enjoy this one!!!

Can I do it in Thor's stead? biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    PS - Thor: please for once keep your C&C comments to yourself. Let the rest of us enjoy this one!!!

Hey, we encourage free speech on this forum.

Oh, that? That's just a gun pointed at your head for precautions.
    Pay no attention to it. Seriously, free speech.

<ominous-click>
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin

Of course we encourage free speech; as long as it's not poofter-related. tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

By all means.

As I've just said in another place, in the 17,500 times I've watched this film, I've never noticed a second of unreleased music which I thought was worthwile having on CD - but that didn't stop me from ordering this one within seconds of its announcement, nor being very excited by it.

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that there is no soundtrack album to which I've listened more frequently than Star Trek II - and despite me not recalling anything of note, the prospect of having even more of it to enjoy, for once fills me with delight.
  7. This comes at an excellent time, for me personally, as I was just the other day getting a hankering for listening to the score, but the tin can sound kept me from popping it in

Yee ha.

I would guess, since the rights to Trek III aren't tied up either (they were also with GNP), that one should be forethcoming from FSM as well this year. I'll pass on it, but ... I'm glad for anybody who crosses that grail off their list.

It was about time FSM got another high hitter. A lot of their CDs just haven't sold out and few have been smashes. Lately Intrada has been "hoging", so to speak, the smashes (one right after another it seems), and some from LLLR as well. I just wish FSM well. And even though Trek II is not limited, I'd love to know later on how many they sold -- just to see how popular it was after all, and if they'll even make their money back from paying the re-use fees for unlimited units.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote

As I've just said in another place, in the 17,500 times I've watched this film, I've never noticed a second of unreleased music which I thought was worthwile having on CD - but that didn't stop me from ordering this one within seconds of its announcement, nor being very excited by it.

Although I agree that the best really is on the GNP version, I can think of two pieces very much worth having on the CD: 'Amazing Grace' and 'The Genesis Cave'.

I'm just excited to hear more of it, but more importantly hear it remastered! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Of course we encourage free speech; as long as it's not poofter-related. tongue[/small]

Ooooh D.
    I love it when you go all butch on me!

Steven wrote
    two pieces very much worth having on the CD: 'Amazing Grace' and 'The Genesis Cave'.

Amazing Grace?
    The film version of Amazing Grace is on it? shocked

Shit.
    *sigh*

Ordered. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Excellent. I've been holding for a better version of this score for two years, and FSM has delivered. I am surprised they haven't made this a limited edition like with Horner's recent Intrada releases, but it's nice for FSM to make it available to everyone this way (and not as a 3,000-5,000 limited edition).
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  8. Southall wrote

My feelings exactly. The only reason for me getting it really is having it in better sound.

And Trek III, that should be something more worthwile as a lot of unreleased music I'm dying to have. There's no reason not to release it now they've done Trek II.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    Southall wrote
    It was FANTASTIC! I'll write up a little report in the appropriate thread when I get round to it.

Looking forward to it cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Of course we encourage free speech; as long as it's not poofter-related. tongue[/small]

Ooooh D.
    I love it when you go all butch on me!

Steven wrote
    two pieces very much worth having on the CD: 'Amazing Grace' and 'The Genesis Cave'.

Amazing Grace?
    The film version of Amazing Grace is on it? shocked

Shit.
    *sigh*

Ordered. slant

Your powers are weak old man.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    My WILLpowers sure are. sad
  9. I'll ask for it on Christmas smile I think I'll do the same with the LotR complete recordings smile I'd love to have them legally.
  10. I would like to extend an invitation to Thor to elaborate on why he will be happy with his GNP Crescendo release, when it is an incomplete version of the score that features cues out of film order?
    biggrin
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am