• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009
    William wrote
    So far I only have three Horner scores: The Spiderwick Chronicles, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, and Titanic. As far as I can recall, I didn't much care for The Spiderwick Chronicles, but loved the other two. Any other recommendations?

Go here and scroll down to James Horner!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009
    Get Balto NOW!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009 edited
    William wrote
    What exactly is the Four Note Danger Motif™? Could someone please post an MP3? confused

No need to look any further than this. It starts with it, and then it´s all over the place! Probably one of the best versions out there, but I can show you a lot more. biggrin
  1. William wrote
    So far I only have three Horner scores: The Spiderwick Chronicles, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, and Titanic. As far as I can recall, I didn't much care for The Spiderwick Chronicles, but loved the other two. Any other recommendations?

I think it is time then to do a Horner update of reviews smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009
    I have a sneaky suspicion that Intrada's latest limited edition will be James Horner's JOURNEY OF NATTY GANN.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    I have a sneaky suspicion that Intrada's latest limited edition will be James Horner's JOURNEY OF NATTY GANN.

You're kidding, right?

Serious question.
    I have never heard of the film OR the score...and I can't believe I would be so out of touch as to NOT be aware that that is considered "one of the most wanted" scores in anyone's book? confused
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Unless Roger is fucking with us, he just made his avatar the cover for TJoNG -- with Intrada on it.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

could be, but I'm hoping for something else
    either The Goonies or Back to the Future shame
  4. I've heard of it, but I haven't heard anything about it.

William, I'm a little late to the whole Horner recommendations, but I wanted to throw my two cents in. A lot of the suggestions you've gotten are great, but you won't be able to find an affordable copy of the CDs (Krull, Balto, Cocoon, others). Here's my list, in order:

1. Glory
    2. Braveheart
    3. Legend of Zorro
    4. The Spitfire Grill
    5. Legends of the Fall
    6. The Mask of Zorro
    7. The Rocketeer
    8. A Beautiful Mind
    9. Apollo 13
    10.The Missing

I consider all of these to be significantly stronger scores than Titanic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How's that score, TJoNG ? I hope it's not thong-y.

No, srsly; How is it like?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. It's one of his best scores.

2:20 here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_C90B5Xano

I believe that is either the Main Title or End Credits.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    No, srsly; How is it like?

THE MAIN TITLE THEME! Classic Horner!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thanks, rather interesting indeed; i hope it's YOUTUBE that makes it sound so dated though wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    shocked That really does sound really good! shocked
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009 edited
    And JOURNEY OF NATTY GANN it is. Well done, Erik!
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Yeah, but sadly for you, I'm positive it'll be over 30 minutes, so...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    That sounds really good indeed! Can somebody order that for me too?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn

There's just the avatar clue (which may be a misdirection, though I doubt it): there's no announcement on Intrada yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Party Pooper!

bhangra
    fireworks
    icecream
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's a very good score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009
    Ordered!!!

I've been waiting for this one for over two decades! punk
  7. Ordered as well. The clips sound good - though that's what I thought of Goldsmith's In Harm's Way. I'm quite disappointed with that one. sad
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    It's a very good score.

Oh, and ordered cool wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Very nice score, Natty Gann is. Great release! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Ordered. Along with the last Horner release, Something Wicked. I hope they are more to my taste than Honey!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Scribe wrote
    Ordered. Along with the last Horner release, Something Wicked. I hope they are more to my taste than Honey!

Not sure about Something Wicked, but this should be. I only heard it once I think, but remember it being a stunner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I'm not familiar with either the movie Natty Gann or the score but the sound clips sound good. Since Horner is one of my favourite composers, I guess I will order this one. I hope the 2500 units won't sell out too fast...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's a lovely score and I had no hesitation in buying it. And yes, I do hope it doesn't sell out quickly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I ordered it too! (via Martijn Postal Services)
    Kazoo
  8. Scribe wrote

you didn't like Honey? face-palm-mt

anyway, my brother ordered it, so why order it twice tongue