• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2008
    TRUE!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I asked Pedro Matias and he says TRUE.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I asked Pedro Matias and he says TRUE.

That's cheating, Pedro knows EVERYTHING! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2008
    TRUE
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    America had long held the record for the worlds tallest building, at one time The Empire State Building ( 381 mts or 1,250 ft ), followed by The World Trade Center ( RIP ) ( 417 mts or 1,368 ft ) and then The Sears Tower in Chicago ( 442 mts or 1,451 ft ), however, since 1998 the Sears Tower has been eclipsed by taller buildings, none of which are in America and now making Sears only the 5th highest building on the planet.

TRUE or FALSE ?

cool

Enough of this one.

TRUE!

The worlds tallest building is the BURJ DUBAI in Dubai, it's still incomplete but is already 1,680 ft high.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Ahh, I was right, its just that the CN Tower is not officially a building....Go figure!!
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2008
    Tim (not timmer) wrote
    Ahh, I was right, its just that the CN Tower is not officially a building....Go figure!!

That's right! I saw this when I looked information up. I'll have to look up some more to see what the definition is?

When completed the Burj Dubai will be well over 2000 ft shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008 edited
    The tallest man of whom there is irrefutable evidence was Robert Pershing Wadlow of Alton, Illinois USA ( 1918 - 1940 ), 8 feet 11.1 inches when he died aged just 22. Weighing 8 1/2 Ib at birth his abnormal growth began almost immediately, he was 5 feet 4 inches at 5 years old, 6 feet 5 inches at 10 years old, 7 feet 8 inches at 15 years old.

This record still stands to this day.

TRUE or FALSE ?

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008
    I don't understand any of that feet and inches stuff (we use meters and centimeters up here), but yeah, I think that's TRUE.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2008
    I say TRUE as well
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    I don't understand any of that feet and inches stuff (we use meters and centimeters up here), but yeah, I think that's TRUE.

8 feet 11 inches is not far off 3 meters Thor.
  2. Yeah I recall this being true!
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    FALSE!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    FALSE!

Ah The wise one finally speaketh wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    last bump, answer Saturday.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oops! Missed this.

OK, I WAS gonna say FALSE as I seem to remember that there's a bloke in Russia who is huge now, even bigger than that Chinese bloke who saved the dolphins (can't remember his name, but don't want to look it up to spoil the challenge) when I saw the size...almost THREE METERS?

That's probably TRUE then (if this is the bloke I remember they called "the gentle giant", or "gentleman giant" or something like that) as doctors at the time weren't able to stop gigantism then as they can (sort of) now! Otherwise the Russian and Chinese bloke would have grown as tall (if not taller).

I'm sticking with TRUE.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Oops! Missed this.

OK, I WAS gonna say FALSE as I seem to remember that there's a bloke in Russia who is huge now, even bigger than that Chinese bloke who saved the dolphins (can't remember his name, but don't want to look it up to spoil the challenge) when I saw the size...almost THREE METERS?

That's probably TRUE then (if this is the bloke I remember they called "the gentle giant", or "gentleman giant" or something like that) as doctors at the time weren't able to stop gigantism then as they can (sort of) now! Otherwise the Russian and Chinese bloke would have grown as tall (if not taller).

I'm sticking with TRUE.

Good reasoning, We shall see? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2008
    Thor wrote

Just for you Thor.

8 feet 11.1 inches = 272 Centimeters

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

Just for you Thor.

8 feet 11.1 inches = 272 Centimeters

biggrin

Ah, OK. I don't believe the Russian (Ukranian?) guy is that tall, so I'll stick with my first hunch.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    The tallest man of whom there is irrefutable evidence was Robert Pershing Wadlow of Alton, Illinois USA ( 1918 - 1940 ), 8 feet 11.1 inches when he died aged just 22. Weighing 8 1/2 Ib at birth his abnormal growth began almost immediately, he was 5 feet 4 inches at 5 years old, 6 feet 5 inches at 10 years old, 7 feet 8 inches at 15 years old.

This record still stands to this day.

TRUE or FALSE ?

smile

Well done everyone except Bregt biggrin

It is indeed TRUE!

and just one last thought to ponder, I wonder if he was *ahem* in proportion? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2008
    Just to keep this alive until I can think of a decent question...

Here's five things to do with me.....

1) Someone once shot me with a gun

2) I once did a death defying leap over a cravasse

3) I saw a dog eating the body of a child

4) I once accidentally trod on the Dalai Lama's foot

5) A "friend" once spiked me with amphetimines

Only ONE of the above is NOT true....which one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Good man, Indy...erm...Timmer! punk

I think it may be
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Good man, Indy...erm...Timmer! punk

I think it may be

We'll see?

I'd be interested to see if anyone else would like to do a similar question(s) after I reveal my answer, I know Thor likes these kinds of "personal" threads.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sure...but you kinda raised the bar, mate!
    (I mean, how exciting is a set like "I used to have a toy monkey when I was ten, I can read a little latin, I was abducted by aliens several times" in comparison to your own? dizzy )
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I'm also thinking 4 or 1. Actually I think it's 4 but for the sake of diverse guesses I'll say 1. spin
  3. Martijn wrote
    Sure...but you kinda raised the bar, mate!
    (I mean, how exciting is a set like "I used to have a toy monkey when I was ten, I can read a little latin, I was abducted by aliens several times" in comparison to your own? dizzy )

Very true, Martijn!

Tim, I'm hoping that #3 is not true!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm guessing 3 is true, not something you make up really. I'd say 4 is false?
  4. Steven wrote
    I'm guessing 3 is true, not something you make up really.

That thought had crossed my mind.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2008 edited
    I can't even think of an unbelievable thing I exerienced, only perhaps the fact that being myself is quite unbelievable.

I think 4 is the fake one as well.
    If not, I'll shoot you with a gun myself. biggrin wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    I can't even think of an unbelievable thing I exerienced, only perhaps the fact that being myself is quite unbelievable.

I find many of your posts quite unbelievable... wink