• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2010
    Did that have limited access to fonts and design skills too?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Now that's a point. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Looks like they had limited access to Microsoft Paint too! wink

I don't hate the LLL cover by any means, infact it is quite nice, it's just not as good as the RCA one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Well, fortunately, we do not have to worry about copyright issues if we want to create our own cover(s)! smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That's true. But that's not really the point since we're expected to pay $29.98 for this product. (Nor do many of us have access to printers capable of booklet quality prints.)

It's not that bad, but it could be a lot better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Oh, I forgot, some people actually listen to their CDs and even - shocked look at them! shocked - instead of just hiding them somewhere.

Covers are all digital to me...I honestly forgot there was also a physical cover to worry about! Sorry smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Steven wrote
    As Anthony said, the original RCA artwork is the best.

Yeah. I agree.

Too bad about the copyright issue, since I would have loved for them to use the teaser poster with all of the alien ships surrounding earth.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    As long as it has Mickey Mouse on it!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Time for your meds Bregt.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Arnold showed it to me some years ago on World Soundtrack Awards. Look closer and you'll find a mickey!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    On... the ship?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2010 edited
    Yup.

EDIT: You probably knew then? I must have said this before?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2010 edited
    It's become Arnold's standard comment when he's signing an ID4 booklet.
    Trust me, I know, I ruined his 'punchline' for him once. (To my own embarrassment, that is.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2010
    LaLaLand is a fine label with some great title selections (C&C or not), however they DO have serious design issues. The recent POSEIDON ADVENTURE is another misfire of theirs. Strange too, since there many talented people out there who would love to work on their releases.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2010
    Trailer for NARNIA 3: VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER is now online. Suitably epic (again), with epic music, but nothing that sounds like David Arnold (yet).

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28162

He's incredibly quiet on his facebook lately, though, so I can only assume he's working on it at this moment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    One of the most anticipated scores of the year!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Erik Woods wrote
    One of the most anticipated scores of the year!

-Erik-

And one for which it is almost inconceivable not to feature some kind of decent main theme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's a huge project really; i hope he'll deliver, he's such a good composer. After i've seen and heard PRINCE OF PERSIA though i am not that happy for HARRY'S removal. I hope Arnold will pay off eventually smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    LaLaLand is a fine label with some great title selections (C&C or not), however they DO have serious design issues. The recent POSEIDON ADVENTURE is another misfire of theirs. Strange too, since there many talented people out there who would love to work on their releases.

Only just seen this. That Poseidon Adventure cover must be the worst cover I've ever seen for a professionally-made soundtrack release. (Their new one for The Edge runs it quite close, though!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2010 edited
    Southall wrote
    Thor wrote

Only just seen this. That Poseidon Adventure cover must be the worst cover I've ever seen for a professionally-made soundtrack release. (Their new one for The Edge runs it quite close, though!)

I guess you didn't get Silvestri's DUTCH / DUTCH (BACK COVER) or Riddle's BATMAN / BATMAN (Back Cover)

Mark Banning usually takes care of the art for La La Land but they got this new guy, David C. Fien. who LOVES large, blurred drop shadows, bizarre font selection and has created some pretty disorganized and ugly covers. I can't believe a guy like that is doing professional art when someone like Luis M. Rojas is available to create something truly stunning! But that's just my opinion.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Christodoulides wrote
    It's a huge project really; i hope he'll deliver, he's such a good composer. After i've seen and heard PRINCE OF PERSIA though i am not that happy for HARRY'S removal. I hope Arnold will pay off eventually smile

Harry delivered on Persia because it was a welcome change for him. He probably got bored by Narnia and might've given as another sub-par effort if they had kept him on this franchise. I'm glad it went the way it went. He's had his chance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Thor wrote

I guess you didn't get Silvestri's DUTCH / DUTCH (BACK COVER) or Riddle's BATMAN / BATMAN (Back Cover)

Mark Banning usually takes care of the art for La La Land but they got this new guy, David C. Fien. who LOVES large, blurred drop shadows, bizarre font selection and has created some pretty disorganized and ugly covers. I can't believe a guy like that is doing professional art when someone like Luis M. Rojas is available to create something truly stunning! But that's just my opinion.

-Erik-

You said it.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2010
    ^
    what Erik said.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts … ;archive=0

Quickly, somebody wim and request cazoos, rubber bands, a large section of trash can lids, an out of tune bagpipe, and a section of 30 vuvuzelas!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2010
    We’ll also be performing the spectacular final cue of Chicken Run (‘Escape to Paradise’), written by Harry Gregson-Williams and John Powell, which will feature all the guest composers on kazoos!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2010
    There's a funny interview with David Arnold here.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2010
    That was very entertaining beer
  2. Favorite. Compose. Interview. Ever. biggrin

Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2010
    He, he....Arnold is cool, as always, but GENIUS questions and interview attitude. I love that kind of stuff, when there's absolutely NO idolizing and ass-kissing!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2010
    That's why he's without job ;0
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.