• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2014
    Demetris wrote
    Seriously though; the score, esp. in the movie, isn't even half as bad as some of you people make it to be.

I agree with you D.

I didn't care at all for it as a stand-alone listen though.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I think its worth is zero. Half of zero is zero. So it's precisely half as bad as I think it is. And twice as bad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I have to agree with Garek. Night gut, as our German Greek might say.
  1. What does he mean? "Nacht Darm"?

"Nicht gut" you mean.

biggrin
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. justin boggan wrote
    "Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever" (TV movie)

suicide
  3. Don't be a grumpy cat.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. "The Translator"
    "Ten Billion"
    (documentary)
    Alex Heffes
    Souces for both: his bio' page at Kraft-Engel.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. "The Lang Quartet" (CBS pilot, no IMDb page yet; recorded)
    Mark Isham
    Source: resume of somebody who worked on it.

I couldn't find any further information on it.

"Cracked"
    J. Peter Robinson
    Source: the film's official website.
  6. "Fragmentos de Amor" (2015)
    Randy Kerber
    Source: one of the companies involved with the film is reporting it on their site.
  7. More "Back to the Future" score to clamor for:

Where they’re going, they don’t need roads — but, as it turns out, full orchestral accompaniment is a whole other story.

To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the much-loved time travel adventure Back to the Future, the Robert Zemeckis-directed film is headed back in a way most would never expect. IMG Artists and the Gorfaine/Schwartz Agency announced a new partnership with Universal Pictures on Tuesday that will see the movie return to venues in 2015 across the globe, accompanied by a live orchestra performing Alan Silvestri’s score.

Silvestri will provide approximately 15 minutes of new material as part of the performance tour, which will debut with a screening and performance in Lucerne, Switzerland in May of next year.

The new series of orchestral screenings will actually be the second anniversary celebrations for the movie to center around music. In January, it was revealed that Zemeckis, screenwriter Bob Gale and theater director Jamie Lloyd were collaborating on a stage musical version of the story to debut in London at some point during 2015. That musical is also expected to feature new contributions from Silvestri.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v … tra-742588
  8. "Jingle All the Way 2" (recorded; you know, after the huge demand the first movie created...)
    "A Royal Christmas"
    Chris Hajian
    Sources for both: his website. He says on the second:
    ... got to write a more traditional score that is very reliant on themes and classical orchestrations.
  9. They're making a Jingle All the Way 2 almost 20 years after the fact? face-palm-mt
  10. UNCONFIRMED

"Ghostkiller" (2015)
    Terry Plumeri

Listed on his IMDb page as an upcoming project. It's some sort of science fiction film (from IMDb):
    On the day after Christmas in 1862, thirty-eight innocent Dakota Sioux Indians were hanged in the largest mass execution in United States history. One hundred and fifty years later, Kyle Ghostkiller has the chance to go back and save them. Kyle returns to town after a long absence to accept an ancient medicine bundle, inherited from his ancestor who was unjustly hanged in 1862 - a bundle that gives Kyle the power to time travel. Arriving just after four teenagers are found brutally murdered, Kyle becomes a prime suspect when the town gossip blames the Ghostkiller family curse during questioning by the FBI. With Special Agent Lee Tarkington hot on his trail and jilted, childhood sweetheart Nina Bolton sabotaging his every move, Kyle escapes into the past where he must confront dark forces responsible for the murderous curse, or risk losing the "Dakota 38" to history's dogma forever. In a fierce battle between good and evil, only the sacred ceremonies of his ancestors and Kyle's sheer determination will save the Dakota Indians from the hangman's noose. But can he permanently change history for the entire Great Sioux Nation?
  11. Take this for what it's worth and prepare to be pissing and moaning later on if true...

I now ask Tyler if he’s heard who will be directing Terminator: Genisys. He’s now smiling huge. Tyler gave me a look as if he was busted for trying to keep this under wraps.

“Well, the director Alan Taylor, directed Thor 2: The Dark World, I scored that last year,” Tyler tells me with a big grin.

His facial expressions told me he was already in talks – at least with the Terminator director, which he knows well. And as we know, Terminator’s Alan Taylor likes to work with his cast and crew from his earlier projects like Emilia Clarke from his Game of Thrones days.

But there is one obstacle that Tyler hopes to overcome.

“It’s interesting,” Tyler explains, “there are some movies where there are tax incentives to have EU passport composers. You’re supposed to be European (for these tax incentives) so sometimes it affects who gets chosen.”

I wished Brian luck to land the Terminator scoring gig.

“We’ll see,” says the hopeful composer.

(LINK)
  12. Pissing and moaning? Why? I think Tyler could do well with that project. Certainly he's one of the most likely to actually try and utilize the theme properly.
  13. Thanks to an FSM member who spotted this:

Dragonheart 3"
    Mark McKenzie
    Source: McKenzie says so:

I found a blog crediting the following to McKenzie's facebook in early- to mid-2014:

"Very positive words from a fantastic director and producer are enough to make any composer happy…Super excited to be seeing the light of day on a 90+ minute action, adventure, fantasy score working with some incredible film makers at Universal Studios. “Dragonheart: Druid’s Curse,” #3 in the series, a score recorded only in my studio (of course I wish it had been recorded live and yes, I could possibly need a remedial social skills course after so much time alone), yet it is rewarding to freely write in alternating complex and compound meters and rhythms with no concern about the expense it can add to live recording. 17/8 was a first and I don’t think I’ve ever composed a longer cue than the the final 19 minute action sequence. What’s really something is that I washed my family’s dishes and cleaned the kitchen every night without making excuses of how much work I had..miracles do happen."
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2014
    Nice!!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2014
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Pissing and moaning? Why? I think Tyler could do well with that project. Certainly he's one of the most likely to actually try and utilize the theme properly.

Brian Tyler on Terminator????
    shocked WOW shocked !!!! INSTANT, UNSEEN, UNHEARD BUY!
    A bloody PERFECT match!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  14. Are you taking the mick, as they say across the channel?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2014
    I predict another drum fest from Tyler for Terminate sleep
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm with Martijn, Tyler is a great choice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Of the plausible candidates, I can't think of anyone better.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2014 edited
    I'm not interested in Termyn8 Geriactrik anyway so why I'm bothered about Tyler scoring beats me? rolleyes

I'll see myself out :coat:
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    On the other hand he might surprise me, I liked his turtles On A Half Shell Turtle Power score.
  15. What about the ROBOCALYPSE project or whatsitcalled?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Robocalypso!?
  16. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robopocalypse
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Spielberg was supposed to have directed a film version of it, but he jumped ship. I wonder what's going to happen to it now.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2014
    I listened to an audiobook of the novel and I found it to be horrific...it liberally "borrows" from existing robot literature (Asimov etc) while innovating nothing, it telegraphs the plot so often that there wasn't a single surprising moment, and the writing itself was dull and droll. Can't imagine what Spielberg sees in it.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2014
    Scribe wrote
    Can't imagine what Spielberg sees in it.