• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2013
    Interesting; he hasn't written for long now.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. An FSM member who's been posting upcoming Beltrami assignments news before we see official confirmation, posted a few weeks ago Marco is doing (still in pre-production, for 2015):

"Gods of Egypt"
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. "The Decent" (recorded; film and director have no IMDb pages)
    Jonathan Sheffer

"Natural History Museum Alive" (IMAX film; recorded)
    Ilan Eshkeri
    In Natural History Museum Alive, David Attenborough goes into the museum at night and take us on a journey through its dark halls. Using 3D technology we see the dinosaurs move around the building and see its inhabitants as we’ve never seen them before.

Source: website of the orchestra who performed them.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. I watched the Natural History Museum Alive on Sky TV the other day and I am sure that Ty Unwin was associated with the score somehow.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Sorry about that -- I forgot to put the composer on the second one. It's Ilan Eshkeri. I've edited the post.
  5. I wonder if a different score was recorded for the IMAX theatre release?

(Or maybe I just remember things incorrectly?)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2014 edited
    nm
  6. Unconfirmed:

"The New Girlfriend" (new Francois Ozon film)
    Phillippe Rombi
    Source: an FSM member is reporting he's scoring that, along with another un-named film. I haven't been able to identify the second film yet.

Unconfirmed:
    "Alice in Wonderland 2"
    James Newton Howard
    Source: listed on his IMDb page.
  7. justin boggan wrote
    "A Friggin Christmas Miracle"
    Randy Edelman
    Source: his website.

Looks like he was replaced in December last year. What a friggin' Christmas gift.

The new composer is Jonathan Sadoff.

"The Visitant"
    Chris Bacon
    Source: the film's website. Appears to have been a Kickstarter funded film. Looks like they aimed big with the composer.
  8. "Chambers Gate"
    Gilbert Gabriel
    Source: the film's trailer

You're probably going "Who?"

You likely know him, just didn't know his name. He was the co-composer (along with now film composer Nick Laird-Clowes) on the song that was made popular in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", "Please Let Me Get What I Want". The instrumental version was used during the museum montage.
    (or maybe you know him for the "Power to Believe" song used in "Planes, Trains and Automobiles")

This is his first film score, according to IMDb. IMDb also shows another film coming up for him as composer, but I haven't found confirmation yet: "Veteran's Day"

At least I think this is his first score. I swear I saw a film scoring assignment for him about three years ago on IMDb. Maybe I was imagining things/or misremembering, or maybe he was replaced.
  9. I just saw an interesting new scoring assignment over at FilmMusicReporter. The son of Patrick Doyle, is scoring a film:
    http://filmmusicreporter.com/2014/01/30 … -longwood/
  10. Interesting! As I recall Pat Jr. did a remix for his dad's score to Sleuth, but otherwise I haven't heard anything about him.
  11. "Out of the Dark"
    Fernando Velázquez
    Sources: none provided, but he is (maybe all recorded now).

UNCONFIRMED:
    "Orion's Angel"
    Evil Nature"
    "Cowboys"
  12. "The After" (new Chris Carter TV series)
    John Debney
    Source: new interview with him from Randall Larson's colom at Buysoundtrax.com.

I'm disappointed it wasn't the obvious choice, Carter's go-to composer for four TV series and over a decade and two feature films, Mark Snow. He's friends with Snow, so maybe Snow was asked and he was busy (with what, who knows; he's finishing up one film and I don't see anythign else on his plate).

Also from the colomn:

"Black Rose" (Alexander Nevsky's directorial debut; he's been an actor and producer and stuntman)
    Sean Murray & Lior Ron

"Gameplay" (documentaty)
    Lior Ron
  13. Alexander Nevsky's directing a film? Why didn't he hire Prokofiev?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2014 edited
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Alexander Nevsky's directing a film? Why didn't he hire Prokofiev?

smile

What an awesome name for a director to have, if it is indeed his real name.

Edit: I see that his real name is actually Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Kuritsyn.

But you gotta love the bio at imdb:

"Alexander Nevsky is a Russian superstar bodybuilder turned actor, writer and producer. In 1994 Nevsky graduated from State Academy of Management (Moscow). Published 5 best selling books about fitness in Russia. Author of about 500 articles. In 1999 he moved to California. He studied English at UCLA and acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute. He has become the first successful Russian writer, producer and actor in Hollywood (thanks to "Moscow Heat" and "Treasure Raiders")."

Not sure about that last sentence, but intriguing nonetheless.
    I am extremely serious.
  14. I guess we now know what the mystery new assignment for Patrick Doyle is; FilmMusicReporter.com is reporting two new, and interesting assignments, for him.
  15. Thor wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Alexander Nevsky's directing a film? Why didn't he hire Prokofiev?

smile

What an awesome name for a director to have, if it is indeed his real name.

Edit: I see that his real name is actually Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Kuritsyn.

But you gotta love the bio at imdb:

"Alexander Nevsky is a Russian superstar bodybuilder turned actor, writer and producer. In 1994 Nevsky graduated from State Academy of Management (Moscow). Published 5 best selling books about fitness in Russia. Author of about 500 articles. In 1999 he moved to California. He studied English at UCLA and acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute. He has become the first successful Russian writer, producer and actor in Hollywood (thanks to "Moscow Heat" and "Treasure Raiders")."

Not sure about that last sentence, but intriguing nonetheless.

We have an actress whose name translates to "Joan of Orleans", ironically we had a singer called "Joanna Dark", guessing by the spelling it might be her real name.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  16. "DEMENTAMANIA" (recorded)
    Guy Farley
    Source: Tweet from August of of last year where the film had a premiere and his representation (Cool Music Lmt.) said he had scored it.

"The Ark" (no IMDb page yet)
    Dan Jones
    Source: Same agency Tweets.
  17. "Dominion"
    Steven Bramson
    Source: none provided, but he is.

"Golden Shoes"
    Brahm Wenger
    Source: the composer's webiste; reported on there last year.

"Seve"
    Stephen Warbeck
    Source: an old news article from last year stating he was working on the score.

"Lost Hope" (mini series)
    "The Umbrella Man" (recorded)
    "Duchess Georgiana: Sir Charlie & the Black Diamond" (pilot in production for a new action/adventure series)
    Alexander Janko (he's worked a number of times with David Newman, as well as scoring one of the Brave Little Toaster sequels)
    source: the composer's website.
  18. "Thunder Lord" (2015 science fiction fantasy film)
    Joel McNeely
    Source: the director's Facebook where he he said he asked McNeely, Safan, and Horner. So, we know he has some high expectations for the score and that Joel got back to him. Something to look forward to,
  19. justin boggan wrote
    "Thunder Lord" (2015 science fiction fantasy film)
    Joel McNeely
    Source: the director's Facebook where he he said he asked McNeely, Safan, and Horner. So, we know he has some high expectations for the score and that Joel got back to him. Something to look forward to,

Very good news, it's time we get back some of that old school magic. Hoping for a return of big bombastic 90's music.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  20. Thunder Lord...is that the Asylum version of Thor? Either way, it's pretty encouraging to hear a director asking after that kind of name. smile
  21. Unconfirmed:

"ID Forever: Part 1"
    David Arnold

Listed on IMDb for this upcoming film, which also has a sequel already in-the-works. Looks like Emmerich is returning to Arnold. Arnold has worked with him, and one of the producers (Devlin), before.
  22. ID Forever?

That is the absolute WORST sequel name I've ever heard. Including Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo. vomit

David Arnold though! fireworks fireworks fireworks
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2014
    If it's only on IMDB then I'll hold back on excitement for now. Maybe someone can ask him on Twitter?
  23. "Psyche Ascending" (15 minute short film)
    Gerald Fried
    Source: Facebook page of the film. Fried is returning to create an original score for the same maker whom he scored a short film for back in 2012.

Here's hoping this guy makes a film, a good film, and Fried wants to come along for the ride.
  24. "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day"
    Christophe Beck
    Source: resume of somebody who worked on it.

(unknown Michael Mann film, presumably "Cyber")
    Atticus Ross
    Source: resume of somebody working on the score. In other words: in a few months Atticus Ross will be come victin #1 and victin #2 will start working on the score.
  25. justin boggan wrote
    Unconfirmed:

"ID Forever: Part 1"
    David Arnold

Listed on IMDb for this upcoming film, which also has a sequel already in-the-works. Looks like Emmerich is returning to Arnold. Arnold has worked with him, and one of the producers (Devlin), before.

If this is true, I'm hesitant to say this is going to be the most anticipated score for me. Please let this be true. It's time they go back to the man that gave their movies the most memorable music

still a shame Will Smith doesn't want to do it, it's this movie that gave him his fame after all, that started it all for him
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2014
    Mostly I'm of the opinion that anything without Will Smith in it is fine by me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt