• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. "The Homesman" (IMDb says "filming")
    Marco Beltrami
    Source: marco-beltrami.com
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. "The Final Moments of Karl Brandt" (science fiction film with no IMDb page yet, even though it's already been scored)
    "Hattrick"
    Deane Ogden & Stellita Loukas
    Sources:
    First: various sources, including Ogden's video blog on his site. A throw-back science fiction thriller staring Paul Ruebens (you know, the guy who whacked off in a theater).

Second: the About page at Deane's site.

And a non-film project, but scoring-type work which he talks about again & again -- he's really excited about it:

Recently, Deane released his solo record Eastern Chronicle, a 118-minute musical journey through the lands and cultures of the Far East. Deane spent over two years traveling through Asia, writing, recording and mixing the record on his mobile recording rig in places like Tibet, China, Sri Lanka, India, Indonesia, Thailand and Japan.

(samples: http://www.deaneogden.com/eastern-chronicle/)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. "The Ultimate Life" (sequel to "The Ultimate Gift")
    Mark McKenzie
    Source: Soundtrack.net

McKenzie scored the first film as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2013
    Oh, these are amazing news! Can't wait, it's been long since we got a gorgeous new McKenzie score and the ultimate gift had an amazing score!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. "Transformers Universe" (recorded)
    James Hannigan
    Source: site of a guy who worked on it.

"The Prime Ministers: Part 1" (recorded; documentary)
    Lee Holdridge
    Source: site of a guy who worked on it.

"Geography of the Hapless Heart 2"
    James Seymour Brett
    Souce: non provided, but he is.

By the way, he's been replaced on two films:
    "Sanving Santa" (now being scored by somebody named Grant Olding)
    and FilmMusicReporter.com is saying Mark Mancina is now scoring "Planes".

Severl projects announced on Nathan Larson's website:
    "Plus One"
    "The Moment"
    "Girls Against Boys"
    "A Very Unsettled Summer"
    "Grand Street"
    "Just the Right Amount of Violence"
    "Supreme Price"
    "Big Men"

"Gondolen" (this one not reported on his site)
    "Traitors" (this one not reported on his site)
    Too many for me to check if they're all new, or some delayed films.

"For Billy" (recorded)
    "Actor? A Documentary" (recorded)
    James Peterson
    Source: his website.

"Bhopal: A Prayer for Rain"
    Benjamin Wallfisch
    Souce: agency website.

"Devil May Call"
    Nicholas Pike
    Souce: film's website.

"Freezer"
    "Your Father's Daughter"
    "The Retreat"

David C. Williams

"Loves Her Gun"
    Hanan Townshend
    Souce: composer's website.

"Return to Nim's Island" (recorded)
    Nerida Tyson-Chew
    Source: Youtube video posted about 18 hours ago with sessions:
    youtube.com/watch?v=jqal7WpJhXI

And since I've never seen Young and Zigman work together, especially on a Tyler Perry movie, I'm forced to conclude there's been a replacement:
    "Single Moms Club"
    Christopher Young (replacing a score by Zigman)
    Source: resume of somebody who worked on Young's score.

Unconfirmed:
    "The Angel Ultimatum"
    Chris Boardman

"The Invisible Lighthouse"
    Thomas Dolby
    Souce: his website. I guess the assignment was pretty easy to get, considering he made the documentary.

And sad news:
    "Beyond: Two Souls"
    Lorne Balfe

This is sad news, because this WAS Normand Corbeil's final score before his death recently.

Coincidently, considering the name of the film, Balfe's also recorded the score to:
    "Not Another Happy Ending".
  5. "Crystal Lake Memories" (Friday the 13th documentary on the upcoming Blu-Ray release)
    Harry Mafredini
    Source: thanks to a thread at FSM, where they eventually were able to snope out this will be a new original score, and not a cut & paste of old Ft13th score cues.
  6. "Cruse of Chucky" (direct to DVD)
    Joseph LoDuca
    Source: angecy bio'.

Tagline at IMDb: "Be afraid. Be effing afraid". I couldn't have said it any better myself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2013 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    "Cruse of Chucky" (direct to DVD)
    Joseph LoDuca
    Source: angecy bio'.

Tagline at IMDb: "Be afraid. Be effing afraid". I couldn't have said it any better myself.

I feel like this has the potential to be the score of the year.

Assuming that I'm correct that there are no upcoming Kilkline projects, of course.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2013
    Ah... there might be some news coming soon there!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That is GREAT NEWS! I'm extremely jealous of you Mr Southall, you seem to have a personal hotline to Mr Kilkline.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm very proud to announce that Brian Kilkline will score Man of Veal, the brand new adaptation of the beloved comic book about the man who wears his underpants on the outside of his trousers and flies from one Michelin-starred restaurant to another, eating cooked calf and saving the world.

I managed to sneak a word with Brian to hear about his approach to the film.

"I was excited to hear the various tracks which have been released from the score to Man of Steel, by the esteemed composer Hans Zimmer. I found them to be quite profound, quite unlike anything that has been heard before. I believe they represent the future of film music and immediately rewrote the entire score to Man of Veal as a result, hoping to emulate the sound Mr Zimmer created for the other film. At great expense I hired some of the world's finest orchestrators, I persuaded the studio to pay for the finest musicians in the world to play in the orchestra, and while we were preparing to record the score a stray cat entered the recording studio and starting walking around the keys of an old Casio keyboard from the 1980s. The resulting sound was, I believe, of a very similar standard to the pieces from Man of Steel, so I sent the orchestra home and just recorded the cat. I believe it is quite possible that Mr Zimmer used the same technique for his score."
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Kilkline, a true genius of our times.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2013
    Southall wrote
    The resulting sound was, I believe, of a very similar standard to the pieces from Man of Steel, so I sent the orchestra home and just recorded the cat. I believe it is quite possible that Mr Zimmer used the same technique for his score."

No, Zimmer actually got 10 keyboards and 10 stray cats and combined them all into the same pieces of music.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  7. How do you combine ten stray cats into a piece of music? biggrin

Actually, the stray cat thing is a nice reference to the Spanglish liner notes biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  8. A cat can make some pretty good music, with a good orchestra behind it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeoT66v4EHg
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2013
    Cats can do anything, even provide nutrition for hungry Asians. As I recall, Demetris had no strong views on that subject.
  9. I for one welcome our fluffy overlords.
  10. "The Fifth Estate"
    Carter Burwell

He's also removed "August: Osage County" and the Thor sequel, from his upcoming projects. MAybe he's been replaced on both.

And it's not on his projects list, but he's also doing the film version of "Anomalisa".
  11. justin boggan wrote
    He's also removed "August: Osage County" and the Thor sequel, from his upcoming projects. MAybe he's been replaced on both.

With regards to the Thor sequel, if that's true, phew. Not to be against composers branching out or anything but I seriously doubt Burwell would have been the right voice for that.
  12. Over at FSM it's been confirmed Burwell is off the Thor sequel. The replacement composer has not been named publically.

I have a working theory, which will probably be proven very, very wrong, but I think one of these three compsoers is it:
    Christophe Beck
    Alex Heffes
    or Henry Jackman

Burwell's score was recorded.
  13. How about Patrick Doyle?
    wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  14. "Mad Max: Fury Road"
    Elliot Wheeler
    Source: a new interview, a post (I think it was his Facebook), and other sources where he says he is doing the music for the film.

Replacing the rumored Christopher Young, whom replaced Marco Beltrami, whom replaced the originally announced John Powell back in 2003. WHEW.

Wheeler is scoring a couple other films, and recently did arrangements on "The Great Gatsby".
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2013
    Wow. Never heard of him. Could be interesting.
    I am extremely serious.
  15. "A Million Ways to Die in the West" (Seth MacFarlane western comedy)
    Joel McNeely
    Sorce: Facebook, where MacFarlane says he's attended a pre-record session for the score.

Joel's been scoring episodes on "American Dad" for a few years now.

I can't find confirmation, but a user over at the message boards of FilmMusicReporter.com, is saying that Carter Burwell has been doing score for the upcoming Spike Jonze film "Her" (some kind of science fiction film).
  16. "Effie Gray" (recorded; previously titled just "Effie")
    Paul Cantelon (replacing Patrick Doyle)
    Source: Cantelon's website where he says it's an upcoming score for him.
  17. I like Doyle, but I'm excited for Cantelon.
  18. UNCONFIRMED:

"Cinderella" (Director: Kenneth Branagh)
    Patrick Doyle

Hasn't started filming yet.

EDIT:
    Forgot to report: thanks to an FSM member, Patrick Doyle is scoring a children's video game:
    "Puppeteer: Hero Heads".
    (PlayStation LINK)
  19. Ooooooooh... lick
  20. Well, ASCAP shows he's scoring it, so I guess it's confirmed now:
    http://www.ascap.com/press/2013/0606-as … wards.aspx
  21. UNCONFIRMED:

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (2014)
    Brian Tyler

A member at FSM is saying he's signed to score the film. I don't see where he got the info' from, yet. Maybe Tyler's Facebook. A JoBlo.com article from last month says he's scoring it.