• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. "The Returned"
    Jonathan Goldsmith
    Source: agency's resume for him.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Related to Jerry and Joel?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. I don't know. He has no personal website that I know of, and the agency, Evolution Music Partners, gives nothing but credits. No bio' on IMDb either.

I seem to recall only two Jerry boys, Joel and some other musical guy I once saw a thread about at FSM (which got removed, as I recall), but not Jonathan Goldsmith. I assume no relation.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2013
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Related to Jerry and Joel?

No.
  4. "Now You See Me"
    Brian Tyler (replacing a score by David Sardy, whom replaced the Chemical Brothers [no idea if they did anything])
    Source: none provided, but he is.
  5. "Motel"
    Edward Rogers & Tony Morales
    Source: the news on Rogers' site.

A quick check shows this to be at least their second scoring collaboration.
  6. Its not often I point out a new assignment reported by FilmMusic Reporter, but a new assignment was put up a few hours ago that sounds really interesting:

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/03/26 … s-on-mars/
  7. justin boggan wrote
    Its not often I point out a new assignment reported by FilmMusic Reporter, but a new assignment was put up a few hours ago that sounds really interesting:

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/03/26 … s-on-mars/

The fantasy flood is in decline and we experiance the return of science fiction. Yes!!!
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  8. I decalre this a Sparkling Vampire Free Zone. Offenders will be shot. Survivors will be shot again. Sparkling vampires will be staked. Surviving sparkling vampires will be staked again & again & again & again -- however many times it takes.
  9. SAw this reported by an FSM member:

"Captain American 2"
    Henry Jackman
    Source: LINK
  10. "White Rabbit"
    Bruno Coon (works usually with Randy Newman)
    Source: none provided, but he is. Second film by the director, who's also worked in other capacities on a number of Pixar films (which Coon also worked on).
  11. "R.I.P.D." is recorded (Christophe Beck)

"Machete Kills"
    "Getaway"
    (director: Courtney Solomon)
    Christophe Beck
    Sources: none provided, but he is.
  12. "My Atomic Aunt" (documentary)
    Shigeru Umebayashi
    Source: the production companies' Facebook page.

Sounds like a possible superhero film name, in my opinion. I have no idea what it's about.
  13. I think this was on TV recently. I think that it was something to do with the repercussions of the Japanese nuclear facility's "problems" in the wake (no pun intended) of the tsunami a few years back.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  14. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I think this was on TV recently. I think that it was something to do with the repercussions of the Japanese nuclear facility's "problems" in the wake (no pun intended) of the tsunami a few years back.

You sure? IMDb shows it to be 2014, with it's premiere (in the "Release dates for" section) listed so far only for Germany, March 11, 2014.
  15. justin boggan wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I think this was on TV recently. I think that it was something to do with the repercussions of the Japanese nuclear facility's "problems" in the wake (no pun intended) of the tsunami a few years back.

You sure? IMDb shows it to be 2014, with it's premiere (in the "Release dates for" section) listed so far only for Germany, March 11, 2014.

This is the one I was meaning:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01r7bpt

"Director Kyoko Miyake revisits her Aunt Kuniko, who was forced to abandon her businesses and home following the disaster. Now living aimlessly in temporary accommodation on the edge of the contaminated zone, Aunt Kuniko is determined to return home as soon as possible. Miyake is puzzled as to why she and the family are not angry. As the first year after the disaster unfolds, she unearths the uncomfortable past that prevents things being so clear cut."

According to the BBC, this one aired last on the 23rd March 2013. I have no idea if these are the same documentaries though.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  16. "Getaway"
    Justin Caine Burnett (replacing Christophe Beck)
    Source: FilmMusicReporter.com

"The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones"
    Atli Orvarrson (replacing Gabriel Yared)

I've found out today about it like everybody else, so I've not had a chance to research if Yared did a score.
  17. "300: Rise of an Empire"
    Federico Jusid

Just mentioning it because it's an interesting assignment, and an interesting turn of events. I knew Bates wouldn't be back considering the lawsuit over the music.

I am kind of surprised none of the composers who music was plagarized, got it. Still a really interesting choice though!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2013
    That's a refreshing choice. I hope they don't make him RC-ify it too much, like Navarrete and "Wrath of the Titans". Is this another case of needing a Spanish composer for legal reasons too?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  18. "Hombre de piedra" (recorded, last month)
    Carlo Siliotto
    Source: website of the orchestra who performed it.
  19. "Finding Dory" ("Finding Nemo" sequel)
    Thomas Newman
    Source:

Writer/director Andrew Stanton on Twitter was asked it Newman or Giacchino would be the composer, and his reply was:

T Newman IS Nemo

He didn't elaborate any further, so I'm just assuming Newman has been hired.
  20. "300: Rise of an Empire"
    Junkie XL (replacing Jusid)
    Source: film's new poster, and Junkie XL posting on Twitter today that the score is nearly done; he's got other playback session for WB tonight.
  21. Oh... God...
  22. Well fuck a duck. suicide
  23. God dammit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2013
    Great news! I dig JXL's stuff (esp. in the electronica arena), and recent history has shown us that great scores may come from those imports.
    I am extremely serious.
  24. I was really looking forward to Jusid's score.
  25. Thor wrote
    Great news! I dig JXL's stuff (esp. in the electronica arena), and recent history has shown us that great scores may come from those imports.

Yeah, but on a movie set B.C.??
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2013
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Thor wrote

Yeah, but on a movie set B.C.??

It would hardly be the first time.

I'm with Thor, give it a chance.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  26. Well, you dislike a lot of recent Hans Zimmer stuff, so let me only add to that that if you disliked some of the electronic remixes of his recent stuff with a passion... they were most probably done by the guy who will score the next epic...