• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2012
    The glass and Powell are interesting news, thanks Justin.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. The upcoming sci-fi film OBLIVION (staring Tom Cruise) will be scored by Anthony Gonzalez of M83. This is the guy responsible for the last piece of music on the 6+ min trailer for CLOUD ATLAS. OBLIVION is Joseph Kosinski's next film (he also directed TRON). Interesting that he'll be giving another electronic musician a chance to score a major motion picture. I'm very much looking forward to hearing this.

Here's an article about it.
  2. From the Kraft-Engel agency newsletter -- new assignments:

"The Sessions" (recorded)
    Marco Beltrami

"Guilt Trip"
    Christophe Beck

"Fun Size"
    Deborah Lurie

On the site, but seperate from that list:

"Captain Phillips"
    John Powell
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. yonythemoony wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    "The App Killer"
    "Scary or Die"

Christopher Young
    Source: his website.

Cool! Seems like he's going back to the thriller and horror films.

Well, as I reported a couple or more months ago, he was no longer on "The App Killer", and now a music site called cinemusic.de, shows Shawn K. Clemet as the composer on "Scary or Die", with Young as a co-composer with two other people. Doesn't look like Young's score is going to survive the film's premiere.
    EDIT: Looking at the IMDB page, it appears the film has segments, and that each composer is scoring other segements. Young never reported this on his site.

And apparently John Powell may be scoring a Pixar film:
    "The Good Dinosaur"

Unconfirmed: he may have replaced Mothersbaugh on "Hotel Transylvania".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. Anthony wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    "Mad Max: Fury Road"
    John Powell

At least, it should still be! Back in 2003, MusicFromtheMovies.com reported Powell was going to score the film. Same director and the film is finally coming out in 2013. I assume it was shelved and Powell already scored it back then.

Ha, I remember adding this on his "upcoming" list years ago. I wonder what it will sound like now compared to what it would have been back then. Of course, we'll never know.

It seems Marco Beltrami is actually doing it. According to his site at least.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2012
    Powell can't be doing it.
    It's not animated after all.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2012 edited
    biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. Well, it did meet a part of the Powell criteria: it's a sequel.
  6. George Miller is the connection actually...
  7. "Rainy City Tales" (Pixar short)
    Jon Brion
    Source: some news reports.

And BT has scored the Pixar short "Partysaurus Rex".
    When I saw one review saying something like the compsoer describing the score with the word "rave", I instantly lost interest. Instantaneous de-interest.
  8. "Monsters Unlimited"
    Randy Newman
    Source: finally found one -- a June 24th interview with Bleeding Cool.
  9. Unconfirmed assignments:

"Category Six"
    Brian Tyler

"Feed the Dog"
    David Newman

"Mobster: A Call for the New Order"
    James Newton Howard

"New-Gen: Deadalus Rising"
    "Wish List"

Christopher Young

"The Wolf of Wall Street"
    Howard Shore
    EDIT (October 8): Various news articles are saying Shore is scoring this.
  10. Look of Love"
    Marcelo Zarvos
    Source: new interview with RunMovies.eu (Soundtrack!/Cinemascope website)
  11. "Playdate"
    David Michael Frank
    Source: his website.
  12. "Carrie" (2013 remake)
    Marco Beltrami (replacing John Powell)
    Source: marco-beltrami.com is reporting he's been signed.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2012
    Great, something potentially interesting that Powell hasn't done before going to somebody who already excels in the genre. Not that that's a bad thing but now it just means Powell is free to do another family CGI movie. slant
  13. Anthony wrote
    Great, something potentially interesting that Powell hasn't done before going to somebody who already excels in the genre. Not that that's a bad thing but now it just means Powell is free to do another family CGI movie. slant

Hollywood takes no (or very little chances), even in the music department. It takes a great and powerful director (for instance Mendes on Bond) to stick by his composer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  14. justin boggan wrote
    Unconfirmed assignments:

"Category Six"
    Brian Tyler

Now confirmed by his GSA agency resume, but it's now called "Black Sky".
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2012
    I'm going to guess from those two titles that's its about some kind of really big hurricane?
    Hmm.
    Can only hope for a Twister-type effort...storms should be graced by big exciting music punk
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  15. Yeah, it's something like Twister.
  16. justin boggan wrote
    "New-Gen: Deadalus Rising"
    "Wish List"

Christopher Young

The first one is now comfirmed: the film's production website says Young has joined the film, and has him in the crew listing.
  17. justin boggan wrote
    From the Kraft-Engel agency newsletter -- new assignments:

On the site, but seperate from that list:

"Captain Phillips"
    John Powell

For what ever reason, Powell is off that; the folks at FSM say Henry Jackman is scoring it now, with a "short" schedule, too.

Has an RC replaced an RC score? It's bound to happen!

"Rubicon"
    Debbie Wiseman
    Source: film's website, crew listing, where they also praise her.
  18. I'm seeing a number of sites showing Carter Burwell as the composer for a Disney film called "Saving Mr. Banks" (with director he's worked with before, John Lee Hancock).

Burwell curfrently has nothing showing upcoming on his website.
  19. HOME ALONE 2: LOST IN NEW YORK – EXPANDED ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SCORE -- 2 CD SET
    MUSIC BY JOHN WILLIAMS
    LLLCD 1232
    LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS
    RETAIL PRICE: $24.98

PRODUCED BY NICK REDMAN AND MIKE MATESSINO
    MASTERED BY MIKE MATESSINO
    LINER NOTES BY MIKE MATESSINO
    ART DIRECTION BY JIM TITUS

La-La Land Records and 20th Century Fox are proud to announce the 20th Anniversary release of one of John Williams’ timeless scores. This newly remastered and slightly expanded reissue features fantastic sound and detailed liner notes by John Williams historian, Mike Matessino. Jim Titus’ festive artwork not only compliments this holiday classic but makes for a great companion to the work he did on our previous release of HOME ALONE two Christmas’ ago. This is a great opportunity to pick up this whimsical score if you missed out on the previous release.

We now go from uptown to downtown…and all over the boroughs for that matter. . .

Ten years ago when Matt and I were forming La-La Land Records we had a number of soundtracks we wanted to see released – Batman the Animated Series, Blazing Saddles, Godzilla (1998), Bad Boys, Friday the 13th, The X Files, Scrooged, Airplane, expanded ID4, and a host of others. Near the top of this list was a score from a 1995 film that had a soundtrack release, but due to scheduling issues what came out was only a fraction of the score as written and recorded for the film. Last minute pick-ups prevented some of the best music from the film from being on the cd. After spending years looking for all the elements (finally located in the vaults at Disney) we are proud to present one of our Holiest Grails:

DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE – EXPANDED ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK -- 2 CD SET
    MUSIC BY MICHAEL KAMEN
    LLLCD 1233
    LIMITED EDITION OF 4000 UNITS
    RETAIL PRICE: $29.98

PRODUCED BY NICK REDMAN, MIKE MATESSINO and DIDIER C. DEUTSCH
    MASTERED BY MIKE MATESSINO
    LINER NOTES BY JEFF BOND
    ART DIRECTION BY JIM TITUS

Michael Kamen is back with a vengeance at La-La Land Records with this spectacular 2 cd set brought to you courtesy of Sony Music and 20th Century Fox . Literally years in the making, this explosive set features over 2 hours of music written and recorded for the third film in the Die Hard franchise. The soundtrack that was released back in 1995 only contained only a fair amount of score, songs and some classical cues that were not ever featured in the final film. This newly expanded release gives the fans what they have been clamoring for…and then some. Not only are we releasing the score as written for the film, but also several rejected tracks never heard until now. If you are fan of high octane, action packed scoring this is a must have release!

2012 has been a wonderful year of releases for La-La Land Records – titles like Friday the 13th, Hook, Star Trek the Motion Picture and more music from Batman The Animated Series got everyone at our offices dancing a jig upon their respective release dates, but this final title of our “Black Friday” batch is the one we have been waiting to unleash. Next to Ghostbusters, this film is the most quoted movie around the triple “L” offices. When you have a dynamite script written by Mamet, stellar direction by a master like DePalma and actors like DeNiro, Connery and Costner bringing their “A” game you have to have the Maestro of Maestro’s deliver the score of a life time…and 25 years ago, that’s exactly what we got.

THE UNTOUCHABLES – EXPANDED 2 CD SET
    MUSIC BY ENNIO MORRICONE
    LLLCD 1236
    LIMITED EDITION OF 3500 UNITS
    RETAIL PRICE: $24.98

PRODUCED BY DAN GOLDWASSER AND NEIL S. BULK
    MASTERED BY DOUG SCHWARTZ
    LINER NOTES BY JEFF BOND
    ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

La-La Land Records, Universal Music and Paramount Pictures are proud to announce the 25th Anniversary 2 cd set of Ennio Morricone’s masterpiece THE UNTOUCHABLES. Disc One of this stellar set features the score as heard in the film. Disc two features the Grammy award winning album presentation as well a number of bonus tracks including the unused song performed by Randy Edelman that was based on the love theme from the film. What makes this release extra special is now the fans of the score can hear both versions of the Maestro’s powerful score on cd – the film mix as well as the original album mix – both have never sounded better!

These 3 releases as well as our 15 cd box set of Star Trek The Original Series go on sale Tuesday, December 4 at 1 pm pst at www.lalalandrecords.com and other fine online stores.

Happy holidays from everyone here at La-La Land Records.

And thank you for supporting the label for the last 10 years. Here’s to another 10 years!

> HOME ALONE 2: LOST IN NEW YORK
    I have the comercial release of the original "Home Alone" score, wich is all I need from that franchise. Great release for harcore JW collectors, though.

> DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE
    I'm not so much into thriller scores, "Die Hard" is of casual interest, in own only the first part on DVD. Again, great for collectors.

> THE UNTOUCHABLES – EXPANDED 2 CD SET
    Again I own the comercial release. I will have to check the content of this release. It's a fantastic Morricone score, so I am not sure. Maybe I'll pick this one up.

Cheers!
    Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2012
    I'm a hardcore JW collector, but these types of expansions are not for me. Like you, I'm pleased with the existing release. Same goes for the others.
    I am extremely serious.
  20. FAIL. You want the "Upcoming CDs" thread:
    http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … s/#Item_22
  21. justin boggan wrote
    FAIL. You want the "Upcoming CDs" thread:

No, I don't. Why should I want to spend my time in impolite company?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2012
    Captain Future wrote
    justin boggan wrote

Uh? confused
    It's the very same lovely people...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  22. Martijn wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    justin boggan wrote

Uh? confused
    It's the very same lovely people...

Just got a bit mad at Justin. Though he's technically right, I didn't like the tone he choose. Had he just told me, that there are two different threads for "New Scores" and "New CDs", everything would have been fine.

Now, let's forget about it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2012
    Fair enough cap'n! smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn