• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. "Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa"
    Ilan Eshkeri
    Source: film's new trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ed2pifRpc0
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. FilmMusicReporter is reporting Illan Eshkeri has taken over scoring "47 Ronin", replacing a score by Javier Navarrete, whom in turn also replaced Atticus Ross.

There's still time to have it rescored one week before opening by Zimmer and/or Balfe.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. The hints seem to indicate that along with apparently everything else, Tyler might be scoring "The Avengers 2":
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ … s/?a=81897
  4. "Desert Dancer"
    "Hours"

Benjamin Wallfisch
    Source: his website.
  5. I haven't confirmed this yet, but it appears Christopher Lennertz is now scoring the remaqke film "Delivery Man" (replacing a recently recorded score by Jon Brion).

This film goes into my list of Film I Don't Give A Crap About.
  6. "OKI -- In the Middle of the Ocean" (2014; some score done)
    William Goldstein
    Source: composer's website, and the film's Facebook page.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2013
    Working on a review of "Tall Texan" a recent MMM release.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
  7. "Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D."
    Bear McCreary
    Source: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/15/agent … ary-music/

The series centers on the behind-the-scenes people, their heroism and their quirks. As such, the music I wrote is heroic and, at times, quirky and offbeat. And I’m fortunate that Marvel and Disney immediately recognized the value in having a full symphony orchestra perform the score for each and every episode, which is the only way to do this right.

Can you pick five words — nouns or adjectives I suppose — describing the music you’ve done for the show?

If I had to pick only five words? Melody, Melody, Melody, Melody, and Melody. To me, a superheroic score is only as good as its main theme. If you’re not singing the tune in the shower a few days after hearing it, then an opportunity has been lost.
  8. Those are all good words. I look forward to hearing this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2013
    justin boggan wrote
    "Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D."
    Bear McCreary
    Source: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/15/agent … ary-music/

The series centers on the behind-the-scenes people, their heroism and their quirks. As such, the music I wrote is heroic and, at times, quirky and offbeat. And I’m fortunate that Marvel and Disney immediately recognized the value in having a full symphony orchestra perform the score for each and every episode, which is the only way to do this right.

Can you pick five words — nouns or adjectives I suppose — describing the music you’ve done for the show?

If I had to pick only five words? Melody, Melody, Melody, Melody, and Melody. To me, a superheroic score is only as good as its main theme. If you’re not singing the tune in the shower a few days after hearing it, then an opportunity has been lost.

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2013
    justin boggan wrote

YES!
  9. Was The Cape a superhero?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  10. A break from film scores to report two scoring items not for film:

King Kong (theater; recorded)
    Marius de Vries
    Source: news section of a website for a person whom worked on it.

Raven Girl (ballet)
    Gabirel Yared
    Source: roh.org (Royal Opera House)

"... modern-day fairytale of a raven girl who is trapped in a human
    body and longs to fly."

Sounds like it could be very interesting.
  11. Yared did quite a few ballet works.

Pity I lost the English version of that old interview I did. We went through his whole career. That, actually, was the first interview I ever did. Having the man play the piano over the phone for me was something beautiful.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2013
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Yared did quite a few ballet works.

Pity I lost the English version of that old interview I did. We went through his whole career. That, actually, was the first interview I ever did. Having the man play the piano over the phone for me was something beautiful.

That's very cool Pawel cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  12. Yeah and it was precious timing. The Troy ordeal was still fresh. It waited a year for publication. My website has a longstanding tradition of including both the English and Polish versions of the interview. Usually as the same article, but my Hans Zimmer interview was so long that I had to divide it into two separate articles.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  13. I'm not sure if I'd count this as confirmed, but while searching for whom the composer is on this film, mtv.com said the following composer had been signed:

"Guardians of the Galaxy"
    Tyler Bates

Seems Hollywood has decided to do the complete opposite of the great 1980's scores for big films.
  14. "Battle of the Year" (some or all recorded)
    Christopher Lennertz
    Source: none provideded.

Replacing a score by hip-hop DJ artist "DJ Nu-Mark" (Mark Postic). The director of the film said the guy was doing a score for the film (which wouldn't have much) back in May. DJ Nu-Mark some what recently commented he was finshing the score.

EDIT:
    Apparently FilmMusicReporter.com reported this already.
  15. "A Friggin Christmas Miracle"
    Randy Edelman
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2013
    It's a friggin' miracle.
  16. biggrin

And just in time for Christmas. You might say it's a ... friggin' Christmas miracle.
  17. "Seventh Son"
    Marco Beltrami (replacing a score by Toumas Kantelinen and Rahman)
    Source: it's bein reported at FSM, but no source was cited.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2013 edited
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63534

The writer of AVP: Requiem for part of the most expensive film project in history?!? rolleyes vomit
    With such unbelievably retarded decision making, I can only hope that Horner isn't taken off of this project too...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  18. Reckless" (TV pilot)
    Chris Bacon
    source: agency website, listed in his biography.
  19. "The Vanishement" (recorded)
    Andrew Hewitt & Christopher Young
    Source: Hewitt's website.

"The Smile Man"
    Christopher Young
    Source: website of somebody who worked on the score.
  20. "The Glamour & the Squalor"
    Mike McCready (of Pearl Jam)
    Source: various news reports.
  21. "Instructions Not Included" (recorded; film being released in a half a month)
    Carlo Siliotto
  22. "Dough" (Director: John Goldschmidt)
    Mark Knopfler
    Source: Viva Films' website (which is producing the film).
  23. wrong thread
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  24. Right thread.