• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. But it's the download-version of a promo CD so I thought ...
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. I didn't see that.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. "She Sings to the Stars"
    Michael Stearns
    Souce: film's website, where it also says Stearns is doing sound design, too.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. "Behind the Gate" (documentary)
    Mike Post
    Source: film's website.

Finally, Post is scoring something other than the 69th bazillionth episode of Law & Order: Special Spin-off Series Unit.
  5. "Sabotage"
    David Sardy
    Source: site of a guy who worked on the score.
  6. "Skating to New York"
    Dave Grusin
    Source: none provided, but he is.

IMDb's page for it says it's a coming of age film about five teens from a small Canadian town who decide to skate across Lake Ontario to New York.

A dark wintery landscape and human drama -- sounds like a fantastic oppritunity for Grusin.
  7. "Journey 3: From the Earth to the Moon"
    Andrew Lockington
    Source: website for a music editing company, where they name an editor who is going to be working on the score, in the news section.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2013
    For some reason I thought this was a joke for the first 3 seconds I read it...there's really going to be a Journey 3???
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  8. Scribe wrote
    For some reason I thought this was a joke for the first 3 seconds I read it...there's really going to be a Journey 3???

of course, what do you think the end of Journey 2 was all about? wink
    they already decided once they made the picture (plus that the second one made a shitload of money at the box office was a reason as well tongue )
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2013
    I hope there are interesting, unrealistic things on the moon because the main appeal of those movies (to me) is the exotic landscapes...
  9. Scribe wrote
    I hope there are interesting, unrealistic things on the moon because the main appeal of those movies (to me) is the exotic landscapes...

well for me, Journey 2 was one of the most fun adventure movies of the last couple of years. It had an 80's vibe of adventure, humour and excitement that I sorely miss in movies these days. Plus the score kicked ass! cool

So I have high hopes for the third, considering it's done by the same crew
  10. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Scribe wrote

well for me, Journey 2 was one of the most fun adventure movies of the last couple of years. It had an 80's vibe of adventure, humour and excitement that I sorely miss in movies these days. Plus the score kicked ass! cool

I absolutely love adventure movies and I think it's sad they've become such a rare breed these days, but unfortunately I can't agree with you on Journey 2 the movie. It's just way too silly. There's a difference between not taking yourself seriously and being just straight up goofy, and the movie crossed that line a few too many times for me, especially with Vanessa Hudgens' father, who managed to pretty much ruin any scene he's in. Thank God for the ever-watchable Dwayne Johnson though.

But Lockington was really the only reason I bothered to watch that movie, and for that reason alone I'm stoked for the third. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2013
    Fucking fail, Marvel.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/08/21 … he-galaxy/
  11. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Scribe wrote

I absolutely love adventure movies and I think it's sad they've become such a rare breed these days, but unfortunately I can't agree with you on Journey 2 the movie. It's just way too silly. There's a difference between not taking yourself seriously and being just straight up goofy, and the movie crossed that line a few too many times for me, especially with Vanessa Hudgens' father, who managed to pretty much ruin any scene he's in. Thank God for the ever-watchable Dwayne Johnson though.

But Lockington was really the only reason I bothered to watch that movie, and for that reason alone I'm stoked for the third. punk

well, I can understand your reaction concerning Luis Guzmán. I didn't mind his humour at all, but I guess some people will have thought differently about it.

anyhoo, for me it was the brainless entertainment, the simply dazzling effects and the brilliant orchestral score that made me think back at that 80's charm cool
  12. "Won't Back Down"
    Marcelo Zarvos
    Source: new interview with www.RunMovies.eu (home of the old Soundtrack! magazine)
  13. "Those Who kill" (pilot)
    "Beautiful Now"
    "Pimp"
    "How to Catch A Monster" (filming; Ryan Gosling's first official script)
    Johnny Jewel (scoring)
    Source: new interview from later July/early August with noisey.vice.com

EDIT:
    Never mind! I see FilmMusicReporter.com beat me to it. Looks like "Pimp" has been shelved and the IMDb entry removed.
  14. http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/09/03 … -premiere/

Looks like Zimmer might do Batman/Superman.

Bad director! Go to your room!
  15. That doesn't exactly come as a surprise.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2013

Cool, Brian Tyler is going to score Guardians Of The Galaxy!
  16. Anthony wrote

Brian Tyler sure spells his name funny.....
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2013 edited
    I wish Basil were still around but then it probably wouldn't make a jot of difference to him getting these gigs anyway rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2013
    Anthony wrote

Oh noes! A drum-fest. slant

Mind you, it could be worse, it could have been scored by TYLER BATES wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  17. In the long interview with Mark Snow (I linked to it in the composer's thread), he says next up for him are:

Alain Resnais' next film. I looked it up and it's called "Aimer, boire et chanter".

He also says he'll work on the TV series "Elementary". I assume the interview was conducted before the summer break and that he either meant he did some episode around the end, or maybe next season (maybe even take over -- who knows). Right now a friend of his is co-scoring the series (with somebody else), Sean Callery.
  18. "The American Can" (in development; hurricane Katrina drama)
    James Newton Howard
    Source: not confirmed.

Speculation:
    The director of the film has been a producer on a film J.N.H. scored, one of the producers has been on two recent films Howard scored, and Will Smith is a producer on it and of course Howard scored two of his recent films. I sense some serious J.N.H. love going on here amongst the producers.
  19. "Hercules 3D" (Renny Harlin)
    Tuomas Kantelinen
    Source: unconfirmed.
  20. "Supercondriaque" (recorded)
    Klaus Badelt
    Source: the website of the orchestra who performed it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2013
    Ooo. Badelt hasn't done anything for quite a long time.
  21. While not a score, this might interest people: Trevor Jones has written a new theme to a soap opera; posted on Jones' site:

Composed the new theme music for South Africa's Top Soap 'Generations', featuring the legendary Sipho 'Hotstix' Mabuse.
  22. A new interview with Cliff Martinez reveals some upcoming projects:

ST: Anything upcoming on the scoring front?

CM: Yeah, there's a secret mission that I'm not completely on yet, it looks like I'll also be doing a Soderbergh TV series called THE KNICK, and I'm working on a video game called FAR CRY 4. So yeah, I'm popular all this week. After like seven months of unemployment, I'm making a comeback!
  23. "Mr. Peabody & Sherman"
    "Big Eyes"
    (Tim Burton)
    Danny Elfman
    Source: Kraft-Engle agency resume.

They also have finally listed "Skating to New York" on Grusin's resume, mentioning in his bio' he recently completed the score. I hope it's good and gets a release.